• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Rugby 2008 Discussion Thread

they added in the presentation and you can hold (a ridicculously oversized) version of the Web Ellis Trophy. [/b]

So theres a presentation? rather than just them holding up the cup? coz it wouldn't really differ from 06 then

Ooohhh! Do they go up and collect the medals of some sour-faced frenchman? :D Because that would totally make up for a shoddy game. :rolleyes: :wall:

i meant hold up the cup, same dif (not really your just being pedantic :) )

i dont think 06 had that

didnt they? i pretty sure they had some celebration scenes with the big as world cup trophy and bledisloe and tri-nations trophies etc holding the trophies? they kissed the cup(s) then raised it... im sure

Yes those celebrations ARE in rugby 06 - when I played a world cup the players hold the cup up at the end.

I'm also curious as to what possible additons they could make to the 06 world cup competition - expect it will be exactly the same, apart from a few graphical things tapped on e.g fireworks etc Its amazing that the world cup is the big 'feature' for rugby 08, when I can bet it will be no different than the w cup in 06!! They talk about features such as tracking injuries, and resting tired players but these features are in 06, so its nothing new?? EA must think we are stupid..maybe thery're right because all of us will buy this game, me included

cant say ive seen it i remember it in rugby 2001 though LOL [/b]

You've probably never won a competition then,doesn't suprise me as I heard you didn't do to well in the tournament either. :p

Yes those celebrations ARE in rugby 06 - when I played a world cup the players hold the cup up at the end.

I'm also curious as to what possible additons they could make to the 06 world cup competition - expect it will be exactly the same, apart from a few graphical things tapped on e.g fireworks etc Its amazing that the world cup is the big 'feature' for rugby 08, when I can bet it will be no different than the w cup in 06!! They talk about features such as tracking injuries, and resting tired players but these features are in 06, so its nothing new?? EA must think we are stupid..maybe thery're right because all of us will buy this game, me included

[/b]
they didn't have tracking of injuries in 06 they told you how many games they were out in 05(i think). and they did have a sort of resting players thing in 06 but it was kind of hard to understand, it was based on form and moral stats but players seemed to get worse if you rested them. i never got the hang of balancing my squads.

<div class='quotemain'> cant say ive seen it i remember it in rugby 2001 though LOL [/b]

You've probably never won a competition then,doesn't suprise me as I heard you didn't do to well in the tournament either. :p
[/b][/quote]

harsh dude harsh, you really know how to kick a player when he is down eh? Hey i didnt go too badly came 8th with no big spankings like some of the other guys (and a draw with spawn)

anyway normally when i win i just press the buttons i think i waited around for the super 14 but nothing happened. i was just impatient. I started a world cup as the AB's just won my semi against the USA. I really hope they fixed that up wtf is with that.

i had my quarter against namibia o_O

Try it the other way round, semi final with USA against the AB's, takes a while but you'll ge there...

oh i just wanted to win. i wanted to see if i got the trophy, which i did. i had to play the final twice as i scored on full time and when i skipped the cutscene after the kick it got me straight to the highlights.

its not much fun when you win every game by at least 80 on elite though.

updated roster MY A$$ most of the 2nd tier naions eg Samoa Tonga Fiji Japan etc have their 03 world cup squads with FAKE Names. Tell me someone will mod this soon cause this is a load of BULL ****!!!

this game is shocking. its barley changed from 06. the rosters are crap - seriously bad, and i waited over a year for it. with the new camera angles i feel they've taken a step back from 06 I hate EA. i just won my first match 50-7. why EA why.

Its not as good as it should have been. The rosters of the unofficial teams are utter ****. There are so many players missing from the Ospreys. Wales' brightest talent Alun Wyn Jones is missing from the game, Ian Evans is still ****, James Hook doesnt have a club, Justin Marshall doesnt play for them, Mike Phillips is still a Blues player, Lee Byrne has an afro for f*** sake.
But.... I think the gameplay is slightly improved, although some of the rules are wrong. I personally think this is a step forward from 06 although the step is a f***ing baby step. EA NEED to do more research on the game of Rugby Football as a whole.
One thing that did amuse me though, is that the Wales kit is the current kit in Play Now and the WC kit when you play the WC mode. Simple things, simple minds...

depends. even if i knew before i bought it that it wasnt tat different id still get it. purley because i need something new to play. If you're not bored of 06 don't get it. If you however like me have played every eventuallity on 06 and are thoroughly done with it then get it.

if it's different enough to amuse me for awhile then I'm buying it . Thanks for the spot on advice

Latest posts