• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Sports to Announce New Game in January

Well we all can only hope that they will announce a NEW(not just a polished up R06 or R08 game) rugby game.But then again it could also be a new cricket game...we'll just have to wait and see

An updated Rugby 06 would be fine IMO! Would love a Magners League knockoff, although the License couldn't be that expensive.

Yeah I still think the gameplay of Rugby06 was better at least you could direct your drop kicks instead of having to depend on a gauge and the ref didn't pull you up as soon as you get high tackled.

Depends if you like the side on view or not, Rugby 08 in hat respect was much better.

As for high tackles, you just turn the referee down a bit an that ain't a problem.

It won't be Rugby, they may have another go in 2011 to coincide with the World Cup...we'll see.

Who knows, maybe they are hoping to cash in over in the states with the looming release of Invictus by releasing another rushed money spinner. Would like to see them at least properly update the rosters and kits before releasing a new game though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 10 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Who knows, maybe they are hoping to cash in over in the states with the looming release of Invictus by releasing another rushed money spinner. Would like to see them at least properly update the rosters and kits before releasing a new game though.[/b]

This was what I was thinking. Although surely it can only be a matter of time before another company starts offering some form of competition for EA, in terms of rugby games.

If Invictus goes big in the box office then we can hope for a rugby game, I reckon Invictus rests quite a bit of pressure on its shoulders for a future rugby game.

Hopefully it will be Rugby '11, but it seems a bit early to be anouncing it. Though having said that, if they were to release it in time for '10-'11 season it'd make sense, but suppose we'll have to wait and see.
Hopefully it wont just be a polished version of 08 because it's going to be for new consoles so they'll have to basically redo all the models etc. so it looks half decent compared to their other game i.e fifa, madden etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 11 2009, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I expect no news on a Rugby game until 2011.[/b]
I would expect them to bring out 2011 late next year so they can cash in on all the World Cup hype, they did the same with 08

whats the bet they milk us and release in this order
Rugby World Cup - Just the countries
Rugby 2012 - Full on domestic/int, manager etc

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Dec 13 2009, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rugby 2012 - Full on domestic/int, manager etc[/b]

If i was betting, i'd bet on no rugby game tbh

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 14 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Dec 13 2009, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rugby 2012 - Full on domestic/int, manager etc[/b]

If i was betting, i'd bet on no rugby game tbh
[/b][/quote]

I'd be sharing that bet with you. All this "it'll be a rugby or cricket game" is wishful thinking. It could literally be anything, maybe the start of a Tennis franchise, after EA largely being dormant in the market for years now.

If I've ever seen a thread jinxing the possibility of a rugby game, we're typing in it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 14 2009, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There'll be A game in the next 2 years. I have no doubt.[/b]

Willing to go all the way and say that the ***le being announced in January is a rugby game? Thats what I'm saying is jumping the gun a bit.

As for there being one in the next two years, thats a seperate issue and I'm pretty sure theres a good chance of that myself. :)

I agree CA - I can't see January's announcement being a rugby game. If it is, I will be delighted to be wrong.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 15 2009, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I agree CA - I can't see January's announcement being a rugby game. If it is, I will be delighted to be wrong.[/b]

I'm just hoping whatever it is, it isn't some crappy new franchise like Facebreaker turned out to be.

Latest posts