• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Training Camp

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 11 2005, 02:52 AM
Can anyone tell me - who went to the training camp - what the single player game is like on normal difficulty?

Cheers

J
Single player was hard on normal. No easy tries, just solid rugby.

Also i wanted to say that the best team in Rugby 2005 is England again. There stat was like 93 and England have lost like 7 of the last 12 games (Dumb). New Zealand was the only other team above 90 at 91, Aust was 87. Wierd. In the rankings England is like 4th now, they should base it on them as a team but use strong individual stats.

Note that the games we played at the Show in Sydney are NTSC compatiable. I noticed this when the Xbox had been reset. This means the game is a bit faster than PAL but not as smooth.

Originally posted by jonwebb@Feb 11 2005, 01:52 PM
Note that the games we played at the Show in Sydney are NTSC compatiable. I noticed this when the Xbox had been reset. This means the game is a bit faster than PAL but not as smooth.
i never new that man

only sounds even better for us PAL users

Jonwebb, just for future reference: instead of posting 4 times in a row, use the edit button on your first post to put stuff in there, or else it gets a bit pointless, thanks.

Sorry if thats pedantic.
<

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 11 2005, 02:09 PM
Jonwebb, just for future reference: instead of posting 4 times in a row, use the edit button on your first post to put stuff in there, or else it gets a bit pointless, thanks.

Sorry if thats pedantic.
<
No Problems, thanks for that.

Anyone get the feeling we are now in the lull period, where we know most things about the game, but we just have to sit on our hands and wait. I have done no work in the last month because of this forum.

The Dell

P.S. I have just booked holidays around the release of this game, so I can train up to be a true Rugby Jedi. Sure I have a life, but I am certain not even the people who made Rugby for PS2 could beat me. And Rugby 2004? Well, it makes a great coaster.

Originally posted by TheDell@Feb 11 2005, 03:55 PM
Anyone get the feeling we are now in the lull period, where we know most things about the game, but we just have to sit on our hands and wait. I have done no work in the last month because of this forum.

The Dell

P.S. I have just booked holidays around the release of this game, so I can train up to be a true Rugby Jedi. Sure I have a life, but I am certain not even the people who made Rugby for PS2 could beat me. And Rugby 2004? Well, it makes a great coaster.
YES YES YES

I AINT BOOKING HOLIDAYS TILL IT CONFIRMED ITS COMING OUT ON A GOOD DATE

I DID IT LAST YEAR AND HAD 2 WEEKS OFF WAITING FOR RUGBY 2004 COZ IT WAS LATE....BETTER NEVER THAN LATE FOR THAT VERSION

wut fanatic dudes.. takin leave off work to play a game?... thats actually quite a good idea. i goin fiji tho in april so i gotta save my leave for then, i'll definately take my ps2 tho.. haha

Originally posted by jonwebb+Feb 11 2005, 01:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jonwebb @ Feb 11 2005, 01:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Feb 11 2005, 02:52 AM
Can anyone tell me - who went to the training camp - what the single player game is like on normal difficulty?

Cheers

J
Single player was hard on normal. No easy tries, just solid rugby.

Also i wanted to say that the best team in Rugby 2005 is England again. There stat was like 93 and England have lost like 7 of the last 12 games (Dumb). New Zealand was the only other team above 90 at 91, Aust was 87. Wierd. In the rankings England is like 4th now, they should base it on them as a team but use strong individual stats. [/b]
Thanks mate - sorry just one more question. On normal difficulty, single player can you make some good breaks through the AI's line? There aren't really any in the video.

Cheers
<

there are but rarely and wen u get a try or make a break u jump up like a real rugby game!!

but trust me normal is hard and wen you've mastered that.....its going to be worse in hard! which is excellent!

obviously this game has depth!

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 12 2005, 02:08 AM
there are but rarely and wen u get a try or make a break u jump up like a real rugby game!!

but trust me normal is hard and wen you've mastered that.....its going to be worse in hard! which is excellent!

obviously this game has depth!
Good man thats just what i hoped to hear! I don't know about you but i've found all the previous rugby games too shallow, and easy to master. I never played JLR much so this could be the exception.

What was one of the best tries you scored again AI? (if you can remember!)

Originally posted by TheDell@Feb 11 2005, 03:55 PM

The Dell

Me too!!! I find it so hard to keep my head down at work. I spend every 10 minutes flicking to this site hoping for new information. Its soooo addictive!
<

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 12 2005, 02:17 AM
What was one of the best tries you scored again AI? (if you can remember!)
wen i was playing at training camp my best try was wen i skinned down the sideline after recieving a gap ball then it came 2 on 1 and passed it into my support player unfortunately recieving a big late tackle from the fullback which resorted into an injury
but i still go the try.......i felt like jumping up and screaming thats how real it is!

those kinda moments in rugby gaming you cant forget!
<

Latest posts