• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

**** EA!

T

TheDell

I couldn't be more ****** that EA hasn't brought a rugby game to next gen. I understand its a relatively small market, but where's the love? What a missed opportunity with the world cup around the corner!

Not really surprising since most of the yanks I play on Xbox Live weren't aware that EA made a Rugby game. In fact, some of the young ***** I play hadn't even heard of small game we call FIFA.

Maybe HB is not getting the required funding from EA, or maybe HB are a bunch of dip **** lazy arse pot head canadians who watch too much day time TV.

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get that off my chest.

I couldn't be more ****** that EA hasn't brought a rugby game to next gen. I understand its a relatively small market, but where's the love? What a missed opportunity with the world cup around the corner!

Not really surprising since most of the yanks I play on Xbox Live weren't aware that EA made a Rugby game. In fact, some of the young ***** I play hadn't even heard of small game we call FIFA.

Maybe HB is not getting the required funding from EA, or maybe HB are a bunch of dip **** lazy arse pot head canadians who watch too much day time TV.

[/b]
Why they pour so much money on that ******* of a series Madden when they could put it into rugby and get far greater sales escapes me...

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Why they pour so much money on that ******* of a series Madden when they could put it into rugby and get far greater sales escapes me... [/b][/quote]

Are you being sarcastic?

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Why they pour so much money on that ******* of a series Madden when they could put it into rugby and get far greater sales escapes me... [/b][/quote]

Are you being sarcastic?
[/b][/quote]
No, if they gave it funding and advertising on par with Madden it would outstrip Madden as NFL is a game that only one nation realistically plays while Rugby is a worldwide sport...so if you transferred over the non US Madden players who play because it is reasonably well made to a well made Rugby game, put on that the much larger amount of Rugby fans then NFL and the fact that neutrals from around the world would most likely prefer Rugby (hence its spread) then you would have far better sales...its shortsightedness on the part of EA as the growth potential is huge with rugby as compared to NFL...

hmmm, not really. the 'one nation' you are talking about that plays madden has a population of 300,000,000
people and has huge european and asian following. rugby is a secondary sport in europe and the populations of nz, aus and sa are comparitively tiny markets. its a no contest in terms of numbers.

yes, yes rugby world cup is the worlds largest sorting event, blah, blah but in terms of fat kiddies, full of sugar and pocket money, the markets differ vastly.

Rugby bigger than American football........

Do you know how many people worldwide watch the Superbowl??

and do you know how many people in America have never heard of rugby??

its probably the same figure

xx

xx
[/b]
I think the Superbowl is more because of the whole American hype etc. like how people will watch the State of Origin, AFL Grand Final or Melbourne Cup(in Australia that is) even though they don't really care about the sport itself, of course it is on a bigger scale because the US is a big importer of ideas to other countries through thier media....

As for the figures of people who watch the Superbowl, I don't believe it for a second, they say billions watch around the world, I reckon it is your typical US trying to make thier game seem more important eg. World Series Baseball....(it happens in AFL and Rugby league when they speak of viewers around the world)

As for Americans never having heard of rugby, I would assume that there is huge circles of Americans who are your typical 'patriots' who love all things American and will most likely never try a crossiant because it is French and therefore 'unamerican', not really the types to explore your foreign sports.

[/quote]
As for Americans never having heard of rugby, I would assume that there is huge circles of Americans who are your typical 'patriots' who love all things American and will most likely never try a crossiant because it is French and therefore 'unamerican', not really the types to explore your foreign sports. [/quote]

There are definitely large numbers of close-minded people in this country - however there are a few who have been either interested or fascinated when i've tried to introduce them to the game. It's almost impossible to get people together though to watch and follow Rugby Union or League - which is frustrating.

i'm just ****** because the American EA site shop isn't even selling the US version of Rugby 08 - you have to buy it from World Rugby Shop...ridiculous

Despite USA diverse culture

its 'a forget ur past and adopt our values' - which i agree with, politically

this policy strips any rugby or cricket doings with poms or indians that immigrate to the land of the free.

i still cant fathom how there isnt a bigger rugby market, in a country conqeured by part french and english - maybe its the timing and its independence.

Still EA are a public company - shareholders would be skating on thin ice if they wanted EA to change its Blue Chip ***le Madden and its budget..they would be picking their own pocket.

Rugby and Soccer collectively are bigger than american footy.

but the shear number Madden sells as a video game out weigh the poeple that follow the sport.

Granted Madden was my first ever sports game, and is the sole education process for me, and the nfl rules........MADDEN 94!!!!

I want Rugby next gen as everyone else.

The peoples voice is the loudest.

Sell all your ps2's, and then there would NOT be a current gen market.

Get updated and EA will too - just kidding, but it would help in moving this franchise forwards.

Again no excuses for EA not to bring us a next gen.

Seriosuly 2008 is a patch on 2006.........the budget for this year was a mere $10,000 i reckon.they dont give a ****.

<div class='quotemain'>

xx
[/b]
I think the Superbowl is more because of the whole American hype etc. like how people will watch the State of Origin, AFL Grand Final or Melbourne Cup(in Australia that is) even though they don't really care about the sport itself, of course it is on a bigger scale because the US is a big importer of ideas to other countries through thier media....

As for the figures of people who watch the Superbowl, I don't believe it for a second, they say billions watch around the world, I reckon it is your typical US trying to make thier game seem more important eg. World Series Baseball....(it happens in AFL and Rugby league when they speak of viewers around the world)

As for Americans never having heard of rugby, I would assume that there is huge circles of Americans who are your typical 'patriots' who love all things American and will most likely never try a crossiant because it is French and therefore 'unamerican', not really the types to explore your foreign sports.
[/b][/quote]

your sweeping generalities aside, the fact remains that numbers are numbers and it is true that over 1/6th of the worlds population watch the superbowl. the rwc final is probably a comparible size in terms of viewers but as a season, the big 4 american sports have a consistacy rugby clubs can only dream of. 60,000 fans per game no worries (although it may just be hype and theres really only 400 people at games, idunno?)

your sweeping generalities aside, the fact remains that numbers are numbers and it is true that over 1/6th of the worlds population watch the superbowl. the rwc final is probably a comparible size in terms of viewers but as a season, the big 4 american sports have a consistacy rugby clubs can only dream of. 60,000 fans per game no worries (although it may just be hype and theres really only 400 people at games, idunno?)
[/b]
1/6th of the world population watch the superbowl? I find that hard to believe, over a billion people? Well...obviously they don't live in Perth because I have never met anyone even remotely interested in NFL...

and it is true that over 1/6th of the worlds population watch the superbowl

The keyword in this common statement is a potential audience of 1 billion. Ie that is how many people across the globe have access to the broadcast. Wiki states it is around 100 million, nearly all are north american, and I've read other places that have a similar estimate.

no........... over 1 billion would have access to watch it

whether they do or not is dependent on local ratings with local braodcaster

Most hosts will always assume it is being watched if u have access

People the superbowl is growin gmassively - until the last 5-6 years without foxtel, nobody had access to international sports - even premier league

these days it alot different - i see people at bars at 7am in suits before they go to work to watch it.............never was this done prior to 2000.

Australia Sqaure in central sydney CBD is packed every monring of a champions league or NBA clash........not only because of the fanbase here...but also for the investment..........sports gambling

Take a note on superbowl sunday, and make sure monday morning aussie time, go and check out a pub.......its packed.

You prolly never hear of it, as its over by 1pm, and most of us sleep in, unless of course u have a pulse and know that the single biggest annual sporting event is about to take place

The keyword in this common statement is a potential audience of 1 billion. Ie that is how many people across the globe have access to the broadcast. Wiki states it is around 100 million, nearly all are north american, and I've read other places that have a similar estimate.
[/b]
Then Desperate Housewives must be watched by every person in the world! :D I hate people who hype up thier sports for thier own ends....

And as for the pubs being packed out, I would expect as such over in Sydney but not as much over here in Perth, as we have jobs to go to :)

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Then Desperate Housewives must be watched by every person in the world! :D I hate people who hype up thier sports for thier own ends....

And as for the pubs being packed out, I would expect as such over in Sydney but not as much over here in Perth, as we have jobs to go to :) [/b][/quote]

unless u work at 3am thru to 9am.................thats the normal superbowl timeslot for WA timeszone.

We just take the morning off, come in at lunch, and work back if need be.

On October 28, 2007 at 6:00pm GMT, Wembley will be the venue for the first competitive NFL regular season game ever to be played outside North America. This event will be played between the New York Giants and Miami Dolphins. The first 40,000 tickets sold out in 90 minutes.[20] [/b]
according to wiki...

but why, rather do the reverse with rugby? think rugby's got a lot more potential to become huge internationally .

anyways, if rugby really took off in the US they can be a big competitor seeing they have so many people... but nope, they'll rather play their own sport which is adaptations from english originated sports... baseball - cricket, football - rugby...

Latest posts