• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Message to allof you at HB

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan-the-man

Academy Player
I could possibly be the most frequent player in the world of Rugby 08. I have it on computer and play it for hours everyday - I love it, despite it's many, many flaws. Rugby 2011 has made me detest your company and everybody in it. We've heard all the excuses. Small budget, not enough time, unreasonable unions bla bla bla... spare me. What RWC 2001 has shown us is that you people at HB are a bunch of criminals and I encourage all my fellow gamers to join me in considering legal action against your company for misleading us.

How dare you crooks put the official World Cup logo on the game cover when only 10 out of the 20 competing teams are licensed. How can you call it the official Rugby World Cup game when half the time we are playing with made up players?

There are almost no differences in gameplay from Rugby 08, apart from the new rucking system that makes it almost impossible to win the ball against any strong team. The AI never misses any kicks, there are glitches galore and the graphics are of an immensely inferior quality to that of other games.

Glitches: Sometimes if you concede a penalty close to the AI's try-line, they suddenly have a kick at goal from the half-way dot. Advantage is endless. Kicking a ball to the other end of the field with a scrum advantage apparently doesn't constitute advantage being over. Many are complaining about the game crashing in the case of injuries and some are having problems with the online mode.

The licensing: Yes, we've all known for ages that New Zealand and Australia (as well as 8 others# will not be licensed. And in defense, you thieves offer that you put in the player editor so we can do what we want. I can't help but feel, however, that you guys were plain spite full with the way in which you arranged the players' appearances. For example, let's look at New Zealand #Infact, this is the thing that pushed me over the edge#. We can edit guys and call them Dan Carter, Richie McCaw, Kieran Reid etc etc, but we run into problems when we want to create Ma'a Nonu, Mils Muliaina, Keven Mealamu etc etc. If my count is not incorrect, I saw only two dark-skinned players in the entire All Black...oops sorry... New Zealand squad. So if you want to create the whole New Zealand squad, you have to decide which two dark-skinned guys are most important. Or, you can play with a white Rockococo, which I'm sure no one is keen to do? Before you all jump down my throat and say "Maybe the unions said it can't be similar in any way", let's use a little bit of common sense. As it is, most of the white guys in the team (in the game) are either blonde, or have scrum-caps. There are not many proper, proper blonde guys in the All Blacks and only a couple with scrum caps. It is extremely unlikely that the unions will sue you for putting in some guys with brown hair that are nothing similar (statistically and in terms of height and weight) to the real guys. Could you not at least have been more considerate in this aspect? Could you not have had some guys with brown or black hair that we could, with a little bit of imagination, pretend they are Carter or Guildford, and just have made the height, weight and attributes inaccurate? You can not look at me in the eye and tell me that the NZRU or ARFU would sue you for putting in some guys with black hair or a couple more darker-skinned gents. I think you people got lazy and did it completely at random, instead of thinking how you could still make it the best possible experience for us gamers.

Let's look at the pathetic gameplay. On hard, you have to constantly kick or else you're gonna go backwards. It's rather annoying, as in reality, most teams are now opting to run the ball from their own try lines. The AI's kicks go kilometers over your fullback's head and always have perfect accuracy, constantly forcing you back to your own 5 meter line. As aforementioned, the AI never misses kicks at goal, adding to the already biblical level of unrealistic ness of this game.

Player ratings are ludicrous and unrealistic. Your defense, again, is that you gave us a player editor. Using that logic, why not just give us the name of the game and then all the software so we can just make it ourselves? Seriously, people want games that are good to go - not games that they have to sit for hours on end editing because the makers have no clue about anything to do with rugby (Rating Smit 90? Really? Giving Brussow's rucking attribute 81? Really???) Could you guys not have at least put effort into making an enjoyable experience for us? But you were lazy, once again, and decided you'd rather let us sift through the colossal amount of required editing then put in a decent effort yourselves.

And of course, the fact that you pretend like there are 5 modes when there are only 4. You can't call the warm-up tour a different mode. That's just a bunch of friendlies in succession. Place kick shoot-out is pathetic as the AI does not miss, World Cup you're playing made up people half the time and I have yet to try online, but I have seen tons of complaints.

This game is a gigantic slap in the face to all your loyal consumers. You people are a bunch of crooks that took advantage of the fact that people were desperate for a new rugby game. I ask all my fellow gamers to stand up for principle, and contemplate legal action against HB Studios for false advertising. You put the official RWC 2011 logo on the cover, but half the players are made up. Come on everyone, let's stick together and fight for our principals so that we as consumers can stop being screwed over and slapped in the face.

fair point, i can understand your frustration, but legal action is a bit of an over reaction surely???

if its that bad, just get rugby challenge in a few weeks and in the mean time, you could use a chill pill

fair point, i can understand your frustration, but legal action is a bit of an over reaction surely???

if its that bad, just get rugby challenge in a few weeks and in the mean time, you could use a chill pill

They put the official World Cup logo on the case when half the teams are completely fictional. That is blatant false advertising

I completely agree with dan-the-man, this game is basically fraud. My advice to anyone thinking of getting this game, is just to wait a couple of weeks for rugby challenge. Do not spend money on this game, it goes straight back to the crooks who made this who I bet are laughing at how they just changed the ***le on rugby 08 and sold it as a new game.

Olvy and Duckdee, you clearly don't understand the concept of false advertisment and have no intention of standing up for the little guy

Yeah the game is not perfect but to me personally I am happy and enjoy playing it. Online is ok and just fun, don't bother playing online I don't think you are good enough!! Since I bought the game I mostly been online and editing the players etc, that takes time but worth it at the end. Nice gameplay flow I reckon and flows more better than another rugby game I played from another developer. HB I ENJOY the FUN in ur game. You can't please us all, or maybe just can't please the fussy ones like dan the man and his thread.

Ha ha Dan, that really has made me laugh. I needed it

*starts stopwatch* 1...2... *stops stopwatch*

Thats how long this would last if this ever made it, which it won't, to a courtroom before being thrown out. Cheer up, menstruation doesn't last that long

Last edited:
funny-pictures-lol-im-bein-all-dramatik.jpg

it's a game lol get over it, or maybe invest and make your own game??????? That's an idea aye lol.....

Olvy and Duckdee, you clearly don't understand the concept of false advertisment and have no intention of standing up for the little guy
a) Olvy?
b) Not false advertisement - they say it's the World Cup game. It's got the official world cup in, with the relevant branding in, with the Webb Ellis trophy etc. They say it has the licenses of England, Scotland, Argentina, Ireland, Wales, USA, Canada, Italy, France and South Africa - It does. It does everything they claim it does. No false advertising.
They don't say "We have officially licensed every team in the world cup" so your argument is invalid.

As ludicrous as all this is (the tournament is the thing licensed and promoted and is indeed there, just not all the teams), we will not be the intermediaries for any talk of legal action against any one on any issue.

It does not matter which company, individual or product any member has a problem with (from a shoelace manufacturer to 3M), you take up your own issues on your own time or websites etc.

a) Olvy?
b) Not false advertisement - they say it's the World Cup game. It's got the official world cup in, with the relevant branding in, with the Webb Ellis trophy etc. They say it has the licenses of England, Scotland, Argentina, Ireland, Wales, USA, Canada, Italy, France and South Africa - It does. It does everything they claim it does. No false advertising.
They don't say "We have officially licensed every team in the world cup" so your argument is invalid.

Say you were someone who never went on the internet and hadn't heard anything about this game. One day you walk into a video game store and see "hey, there's an official rugby World Cup game! I can't wait to go home and play as Quade Cooper or Dan Carter!" That's what I mean by it is misleading

Say you were someone who never went on the internet and hadn't heard anything about this game. One day you walk into a video game store and see "hey, there's an official rugby World Cup game! I can't wait to go home and play as Quade Cooper or Dan Carter!" That's what I mean by it is misleading

Read the chuffing box then

Read the chuffing box then
Yup

If I'd never heard of it I'd think "Wait....where are they?"
I'd then notice that the logos aren't anywhere, and that they don't claim that the Wallabies/All Blacks are in there, and then phone my lawyer to cancel the court date...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts