• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Earls can match All Blacks great Cullen - Tipoki

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Jan 31 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jan 31 2009, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also think Heaslip needs to be a bit less lazy when Ireland are on defence.[/b]
I wouldn't say Heaslip is lazy in defence - he puts in more than his fair share of tackles. One area I do think he needs to work on though is cutting out his tendency of hanging around in the centres or on the wing in attack. He's improving that facet of his play but it could still be much better.
[/b][/quote]

it's one area where O'Connell has improved his game hugely, there was a time where he had me wondering was he a second row or a centre, thankfully it seems to be the former now, if only the likes of Horan, Heaslip et al would sit up and take note.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 31 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Jan 31 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jan 31 2009, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also think Heaslip needs to be a bit less lazy when Ireland are on defence.[/b]
I wouldn't say Heaslip is lazy in defence - he puts in more than his fair share of tackles. One area I do think he needs to work on though is cutting out his tendency of hanging around in the centres or on the wing in attack. He's improving that facet of his play but it could still be much better.
[/b][/quote]

it's one area where O'Connell has improved his game hugely, there was a time where he had me wondering was he a second row or a centre, thankfully it seems to be the former now, if only the likes of Horan, Heaslip et al would sit up and take note.
[/b][/quote]

Yes, the crowded midfield area is a problem over and over again. And we often play too flat aswell, backs need to give themselves more room.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 31 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
it's one area where O'Connell has improved his game hugely, there was a time where he had me wondering was he a second row or a centre, thankfully it seems to be the former now, if only the likes of Horan, Heaslip et al would sit up and take note.[/b]
Tony McGahan deserves credit for that in my opinion. He seems to be using his tight 5 as ball carriers close to the ruck thus allowing his backrow roam a bit more freely in support. Paul O'Connell and Paddy Wallace are the forwards who have benefited most from this changed tactic.

Presume you mean David Wallace?

And yes, McGahan's been doing good work. How could he not with a back room staff containing Laurie Fisher and Shaun Payne?

The skills training McGahan has been doing seems to have had an impact as well. Handling has never been better if the Montauban game is anything to go by.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jan 31 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Presume you mean David Wallace?

And yes, McGahan's been doing good work. How could he not with a back room staff containing Laurie Fisher and Shaun Payne?[/b]
Yep, meant David Wallace

Does this mean that Ireland may actually play like professional rugby players at the next world cup? Cos it would be a nice change.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Jan 31 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does this mean that Ireland may actually play like professional rugby players at the next world cup? Cos it would be a nice change.[/b]

Hopefully, but lets not gfet ahead of ourselves. 4 years left yet to digress to a level somewhere around the same as Namibia again.

Latest posts