• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Early Release

Originally posted by ak47@Dec 7 2005, 12:51 PM
can someone tell me if the sidecam has been improved

so i can see the defense, and my backline

RL1 sidecam was unplayable, and parore pics seems as though the sidecam has been fixed for the better
My first impressions arn't the best (hope I get over it!)...........

All camera angles (except one) are far away from the action, makes you wonder what the point of having players likenesses is really. The "close behind" cam is only good for "one off" the play the ball type running. Side cam would be good except you cant really see the players to the right (closest to screen) of the play the ball area.

Locks was bang on about one thing, defenders have turning circles of big rigs with massive trailers, and responsiveness is fairly poor even on attack.

Maybe with more gametime I'll change my tune........

i have found the unlocking values, and am tempted to play with that even before i haev played the game.

either way i would unlock stuff

looking at the emails

<event>FINISH_LAST</event>
<subject>WE SUCK!</subject>
<sender>CRAZED FAN</sender>
<content>I WAS DOING SOME COOKING THE OTHER DAY.... WITH MY WOODEN SPOON!\nOH MAN! WHAT AN EMBARRASMENT! WHAT A JOKE! WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY? WHERE DID YOU COME FROM? WHAT 'EXPERTISE' DO YOU HAVE?\nWELL, I GUESS YOU'RE GOOD AT ONE THING... MAKING TEAMS COME LAST!!!</content>
<urgent>0</urgent>

cracked me up
<

also anyone unlocked the kiwi team yet? i found a haka file, maybe you can do the haka someone check that out (i will as soon as i get home)

Im still playing on seasoned, and i have to say at this stage, it is not possble to score runnaway tries. all your tries a from 5 metres out and thats it. It sux. Every time you break the line the oppositions forwards and backs run you down ina flash.

when you create an overlap and try to give it to the winger who is in space the ball either goes to ground behind him, into touch or if he catches it he stops dead!! killing any chance of a break.

Im starting to think this game is broken. I tried adjusting gameplay sliders, like speed agility and acceleration, but it applies them to both you and the AI making them useless. I think im gonna go back to reserve soon.

Adjusting agility made defenders more agile, but when u push tackle 9/10 time the attacker runs through you, your better off sitting back and letting the ai defend.

If anyone else is playing on seasoned let me know your thoughts

yeah i read somewhere you are meant to tap the button for speed burst then hold it down to keep that speed up, maybe that will help?

it was in the hints and tips at the back of the manual

right ok, i have had 2 games now
<
got my fix for the mo

i like it only been playing on schoolboy still trying to learn the buttons as there is nowhere you can change them but thats cool i just found the speed button and i will get there.

graphics are mint
<
enjoying it so far

had a go at the create a player didn't like that at all so if i am to create one i will try use the db file. i might be able to do that
<

um.. thats all i got to say for now i go back to game
<

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 7 2005, 02:08 PM
Im still playing on seasoned, and i have to say at this stage, it is not possble to score runnaway tries. all your tries a from 5 metres out and thats it. It sux. Every time you break the line the oppositions forwards and backs run you down ina flash.

when you create an overlap and try to give it to the winger who is in space the ball either goes to ground behind him, into touch or if he catches it he stops dead!! killing any chance of a break.

Im starting to think this game is broken. I tried adjusting gameplay sliders, like speed agility and acceleration, but it applies them to both you and the AI making them useless. I think im gonna go back to reserve soon.

Adjusting agility made defenders more agile, but when u push tackle 9/10 time the attacker runs through you, your better off sitting back and letting the ai defend.

If anyone else is playing on seasoned let me know your thoughts
Had a few games now on seasoned, and I don't know about others but I'm getting lots of very low scoring games (single figure type stuff)????

They don't seem to score many tries (if any) against me??? I think I've played 8 games on seasoned and only conceded one try??? (and conceded 2 drop goals). That try was a run from 5 mtrs out by the dummy half which I wasn't able to stop due to reluctance of my dummy marker to respond at all.

It is way too easy to score close to the try line with a dummy half run as well.

First game I played the game "locked up" when a high ball was put up by the computer and I had to restart the playstation.....
<

Defense is really funny (as you mentioned). You always seem to overun the attacking player and when you then turn to give chase your player has to do this massive turning circle - like a large Kenworth might.........

Still, hate to sound so negative - I'll give it a bit of time and see what develops. Maybe my expectations were set too high.

i dont have any problem tackling maybe try tackle a wee bit earlier? thats just me though.

it does seam a bit like i am not playing but i think thats getting used to it

i won my first match me eels vs roosters first game of franchise (tried online but no1 online)

i got over the line a few times only won 10-1 (yes 1)

there are no probs with tackling on schoolboy or reserve, but as soon as you up it, suddeny u cant tackle anymore.

Ive managed to make it better by fiddling with speed, agility and acceleration, also passing accuracy and break tackels(i adjusted the sliders) I actually scored a try from about half way.

In my franchise I am 1 win and five losses with the warriors, and thats on seasond, once u lose a few u get in a slump.

Its all about field position in this one, whoever gets in the opposition 20 with tackles to spare is likely to score, I just want to score runnaways now and then, so they are possible but very rare.

Things ive unlocked:

1. Amphitheatre
2. beach
3. Origin
4.City/country
5.Internationals(no sign of haka)
and some other stadium.

And I unlocked by playing for seven hours, not by completeing them in franchise mode!

Can anyone else confirm the fact that you can only run one franchise on your system at a time(as in if u start a new one, when u save it automatically overwrites your old one) Im pretty sure its the case and its totally bogus. I want to do a couple at least, one with my mate and one for myself. None of this **** was a problem in RL1!!!

RugbyLeague22005-12-0719-26-51-29.jpg

this wont last long

yeah i "unlocked" the internationals
<
done the origin by playing for 1 hour
<

i wonder what all the haka bits are, and they have a haka cutscene as well

well I finally have the game have only played one game.

intial thoughts wow it looks mint but what is up with the controls they seem really werid. I have a game pad and it seems bit odd but I have worked out the basics sprint tackle change player punt and pass left or right.

would love to try online out with someone that is fairly new to the game.

I have only played one instant action game so don't want to get my butt kicked online but maybe i should give it a try

yeah just dont play ranked games
<

i was stupid and started playing rank games after about 3 normal games where i had only just figured out how to score
<

but i still love the game
<
just wont get much time to play the game atm cause tomorrow i am tryin to hook up with this new girl i been seeing
<

yeah I have played 2 normal games and have almost scored so I will remember not to ranked games when i do play online. tomorrow i will start my franchise after a few more normal games.

Enjoy the lower difficulty levels why they last, they fool you into thinking this is a goog game, I have to say the more i play and the higher the difficulty the worse this game gets, and its not a matter of practice, all u hav to do is complete your sets, and gain field position and score the same try over and over and over.
There are no big breaks from you or the computer, all the things that made RL1 a challenge are gone.

You guys will be thinking WTF, but just wait, reserve difficulty shows glimmers of an awsome game, that will be gone trust me, all the fun your having attacking and defending, gone. no matter how much you pretend, every time your winger gets run down by a front rower, youll be like enoooooo!!!

Anther thing to do with Origin selection, sidhe said that it goes on perfromance, well, I always forget to interchange so vilisante has been on the bench all season, he has NO gametime, yet he got selected fo the blues? obviously selection is random.

My franchise is stuck on permanent rainy games, im gonna quit and start again.

On the higher difficulty levels many of the new animaions dissapear, trust me, go back and play reserve after playing seasoned for a while and youll see.

Instead of making the ai tough, they just made players super fast (not yours) and knock ons before you can complete your set.

So far I hav seen no 2 strips, no send offs, no judiciary, grubbers no longer work(on high difficulty) held up in goal all the time, diving on the ball is useles.Video ref screen malfunctions and freezes, that reviewer said no bugs??

I cant belive they screwed this up, they should hav just added new graphics, passing, and animations to RL1, its that simple. Very dissapointed.
<
<
<
<

Latest posts