• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ed Fairhurst XV

GorGODze most definately belongs in the Fairhurst and Friends side....we also have 8 bench spots to fill so some room for others if we have many candidates for a certain position. I'm thinking current or very recently retired players only guys....who was the player that wrestled the Lion a few years back(Du-Toit)? He could garner a bench spot. FH is tough I thought of Goode, but Contepomi crossed my mind today as well he is a legend and again a brilliant man off the field.

Last edited:
I've always been a fan of Nicky Little, I think he meets the criteria at FH. Contepomi is too... ​mainstream?

Oh dear god, that first clip in the above youtube video is just awesome. What went through his head when he decided he would dive over the medical lady attending his teammate (who appears to be quite a lot of pain) to score a try?

Equal amounts awesome and crazy. Possibly the best thing I've seen on a rugby pitch!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Admartian. How about a Ben Smith XV? It would totally thump the Lomu XV from JLR.
I need to submit Ben Smith Rugby Challenge to Sidhe.
Wouldn't be fair if all 15 were a Ben Smith Team.
I'd settle for him at Fullback.

I've always been a fan of Nicky Little, I think he meets the criteria at FH. Contepomi is too... ​mainstream?

Little is who I was thinking too.

Oh dear god, that first clip in the above youtube video is just awesome. What went through his head when he decided he would dive over the medical lady attending his teammate (who appears to be quite a lot of pain) to score a try?

Equal amounts awesome and crazy. Possibly the best thing I've seen on a rugby pitch!

I know, pretty mad idea to do it.

Gee I hope so :) I think he should be started for ireland just because of that achievement!

Soane Tongauiha (goddam predictive text on phone. You know who I mean.)

Plays for prop for Tonga/ Northampton. Fan favourite and I can vouch for being a great guy off the field.

Drives a disproportionately small car and has the nickname tiny.

If Brad Thorn isn't on there, someone will die.

On a different note - I'm now more seriously pushing for Fumiaki Tanaka to replace Ed. He's younger, better - more of an underdog while still being amazing. And he never gives up:

On a different note - I'm now more seriously pushing for Fumiaki Tanaka to replace Ed. He's younger, better - more of an underdog while still being amazing. And he never gives up:

i've pretty much only quoted this so we see the video again...awesome

Shota Horie was Japan's hooker at last years' World Cup. He was brilliant. He kept making backdoor offloads and outside breaks and big tackles. It was like he'd been brainwashed into thinking he was Brian O'Driscoll. I grew really fond of him over the course of the tournament. Amazing player.

good Otago lad that Horie ;)

Brad Thorn doesn't need a XV to prove himself, but I would second his inclusion.

Apparently

Awesome.

Brad Thorn's position was listed as 'Legend' on the latest Highlanders team sheet.

Right let's see a XV picked then ...

Let's get this picked with Tier 2 Nations or below ... Put a case forward and the player may get in ...

You could select from the Oriol Ripol's to the Rod Snow's ... people / players that Ed has touched with his greatness in the timescale oh his career.

Not sure about limiting it to Tier 2. I can see the intent, but awesomeness knows no limits.

Andrea lo Cicero, because he is the man.
Denis Simplikevich, or as the press always like to compare big wings to Lomu, Vladimir Lomuski.
Mamuka Gorgodze, so everybody else on the opposition team can die.
That Japanese player who was banned for trying to grow a moustache, just for shits.
Schalk van der Merwe, for putting the head on a lion.
Rupeni Caucaunibuca, as the only running he has done for the past few years is to the bakery.
Chris Budgen (uncapped) for also being the man.

Last edited:
I think Epi Taione a.k.a Paddy Power should be there.

Latest posts