• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EDF ENERGY ANGLO-WELSH CUP

Looking at Gloucesters starting lineup, they obviously showed the tournament the contempt it deserves.

the blues beat wasps 36-20

gethin jenkins played immense, and shanks and martyn williams also played well.

who cares, stop going on about it

i mean why bring it up

your 31, does it really bother you tht much, like the english have never milked something 1966 anyone?

grow up mate
[/b]

Ooooooooooooh

handbag01-front.jpg

bit touchy aren't we!

So do the English REALLY have no interest in this competition?
I mean, it's a real shame coz i really love the idea of going heaed to head with the English.
We very rarely get a chance to do that at club level any more (twice a year at HC are certain fixtures, that's it).
Why is there such utter disregard for the competition.
The winning club is given a very nice lump sum at the end of the competition.
I heard a rumour that the winner of the EDF gets more than the winner of the HC.
I find that hard to believe, but i know there's a fair amount at the end.

Is it not enjoyable for the English fans?

I mean, the Welsh clubs are actually putting a good fight this year, now that they've got their injured players back and on form.
Ospreys "2nd" team getting a cracking win against Bath.
Dragons putting a good result over Northampton.
Cardiff putting Saracens to rest by the end.
Only Scarlets forgot to turn up for their game against a poor Newcastle.

I'm going to continue enjoying this competition.
It's of great value to the Welsh, even if the English do regard it as a mere annoyance.

the english should be thanking there lucky stars that they get to see some attractive winning rugby

anyways comp back in action this week

the big games are

blues vs irish - blues need a point and has anemd a strong side, with gethin jenkins,martyn williams and mike phillips all starting

scarlets vs sale - could be a close one, interesting to see what sides are picked, if the scarlets go all out they could cause sale problems what with all there injury woes

and the big one for me ospreys vs bristol

id like to see this side

1-duncan jones
2-barry williams
3-andrew millward
4-brent cockbain
5-lyndon bateman
6-andy lloyd
7-steve tandy
8-filo tiatia

9-justin marshall
10-shaun connor
11-nikki walker
12-gavin henson
13-sonny parker
14-stefan terblanche
15-lee byrne

resting hook,adam jones, ian evan alun wyn jones and ryan jones and of course shane.

think thats a strong side, connors been going well at 10, and i think henson needs game time.

but who knows with lyn i wouldnt be suprised if none of the welsh boys play, and in the sam vain i wouldnt be surprised if they all play.

Why is there such utter disregard for the competition.
[/b]

Because it isn't as good as the old one.

Because we play the same teams as in the league.

Because it adds more fixtures to our already crowded season.

Because the structure is so poor that the groups never change.

Basically, it means nothing to the fans.

Imagine getting rid of the FA Cup from football - that's bascially what they've done.

and the big one for me ospreys vs bristol

id like to see this side

1-duncan jones
2-barry williams
3-andrew millward
4-brent cockbain
5-lyndon bateman
6-andy lloyd
7-steve tandy
8-filo tiatia

9-justin marshall
10-shaun connor
11-nikki walker
12-gavin henson
13-sonny parker
14-stefan terblanche
15-lee byrne

resting hook,adam jones, ian evan alun wyn jones and ryan jones and of course shane.

think thats a strong side, connors been going well at 10, and i think henson needs game time.

but who knows with lyn i wouldnt be suprised if none of the welsh boys play, and in the sam vain i wouldnt be surprised if they all play.
[/b]

Resting Hook in my opinion would be a bad move.
The kid hasn't exactly been overworked during the autumn internationals.
He needs to be brought back down to earth after having the highs of the internationals - having not experienced playing at home before this autumn - and the best way would be for him to start at 10.
Lyn needs to get his act right.
Hook HAS TO start and he HAS TO start at 10. Full Stop.
Gav at twelve, quality ball from Marshall at 9.
This is the way the backs should be and Lyn jones better be proving himself right, because if Ospreys don't get anything again this year then Lyn will have no excuse.
The man will HAVE TO leave.

Ospreys: L Byrne; N Walker T Selley, J Hook, J Vaughton/R Mustoe; S Connor, J Spice; D Jones (capt), H Bennett, C Griffiths, AW Jones, L Bateman, F Tiatia, S Tandy, R Jones.
Replacements: B Williams, A Millward, B Cockbain, AN Other, M Roberts, G Henson, A Bishop.

thts the line up, interesting, id like to see hook 10 henson 12 for calvisano

One match tomorrow sums up what most of us think of the tournament; Northampton Wanderers vs. Leicester Cubs.

******** tournament, anyone?

Just a question for the Ospreys fans...

How's Niki Walker been doing in Wales? Just curious as to whether or not he might be able to force is way back into the full 22. He's not got anything on Lamont, Paterson or Webster, but is he potential bench warming material?

Latest posts