• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EDF ENERGY ANGLO-WELSH CUP

If Northampton beat the Dragons then maybe this match wouldn't be such a dead rubber with reserves playing! You can't make a point now after you're already out!

If Northampton beat the Dragons then maybe this match wouldn't be such a dead rubber with reserves playing! You can't make a point now after you're already out!
[/b]

But what's the point in having a cup competition like this with dead rubbers?

The old format > The existing rubbish

i dont give a f***, im looking forward to both angloe welsh games today, i cant see the scarlets winning against sale.

sale have names an impressive side.

The way they're currently playing combined with the injuries, the Scarlets shold **** all over them IMO.

I have said once and I will say it again... Pointless competion, stick in the National League 1 sides with the welsh and english elite sides then see the excitement and sport grow...

Bath face Gloucester today, at Gloucester, I am expecting Gloucester to win this quite easily but considering that not many people care about it Gloucester could announce a weakened team which could actually give Bath a chance but like i said I dont see it happening...

So considering i finish work at 5.30pm and get home by 6pm(ish) i fully expected to miss the first half of the Ospreys game.
Only problem is, when i got home i found out, to my horror, that we had...NO ELECTRICITY!

I know the Welsh are behind times, but come on...is a constant supply of electricity so hard to ask for?
Especially come Osprey match time!

Sounds like i missed a cracking Hook try.
:ranting:

Not quite as sexy as me, but DAMN it's close. :)

I've not seen one English person on this board who DOESN'T think that competition is a waste of time.

That's a real shame - i think the Wales/England rivalry is a great one, but clearly the English don't feel it anymore at club level.

That's a real shame - i think the Wales/England rivalry is a great one, but clearly the English don't feel it anymore at club level.
[/b]

We already get to play Welsh clubs in the Heineken Cup, and value those contests.

However, English fans also used to love seeing the smaller clubs earning the chance to go head-to-head with the big guns. The analogy I will constantly refer to is that of the FA Cup. Imagine taking this away from football fans - this is what it feels like they have done to English rugby.

And all that is before you even get started on how crap the setup of the competition itself is.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

We already get to play Welsh clubs in the Heineken Cup, and value those contests.

However, English fans also used to love seeing the smaller clubs earning the chance to go head-to-head with the big guns. The analogy I will constantly refer to is that of the FA Cup. Imagine taking this away from football fans - this is what it feels like they have done to English rugby.

And all that is before you even get started on how crap the setup of the competition itself is.
[/b][/quote]

Fair enoug. I'm not trying to sway you in your feelings towards the competition; i just wanted a good competitive competition that can be enjoyed by us on both sides of the border (which doens't include any other nation).

Anyway, Cardiff v Ospreys, Leicester v Sale semi-finals in cardiff!
Wooh!

Who's going?
Any chance of a TRF meetup, or could the English folk amongst us not give a flying f***?

Nah, we don't. Why should I go all the way to cardiff. To watch us beat Leicester like usual. Then have to go home because watching the next game would strand us their overnight.

BM

nah they wudnt wnt to go to the ms, the welsh may be a bit too rowdy for them, cos the welsh no how to let go of there inhibitions an create an atmosphere unlike twickers which is like a funeral.

...To watch us beat Leicester like usual...
[/b]

How did Sale win anything last seaeson when ANY of their fans think like this?
How about, watching the game for the sake of rugby.
Support your team, yes. But also enjoy the atmosphere, partake in some friendly banter with the drunken valley idiots besides you and forget your worries, because you're in Cardiff the city that never* sleeps.

*NB. "Never" meaning, "only after 3am"

nah they wudnt wnt to go to the ms, the welsh may be a bit too rowdy for them, cos the welsh no how to let go of there inhibitions an create an atmosphere unlike twickers which is like a funeral.
[/b]

Ever been to Twickenham? Particularly for a domestic cup final?

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Ever been to Twickenham? Particularly for a domestic cup final? [/b][/quote]

Don't bite, he's stirring **** to start another fight.

i have actually been to twickenham a few times if you must know, ive seen wales against england and i went to see the hec final in 2004, wasps vs tolouse, where tht idiot poitrenaud made a *** of himself

but ive never seena domestic game, maybe there more passionate about there grassroots rugby cos twickenham is renowned for being dead, i mean i saw wales get beaten by england, at twickers a few years back, and anyone would have thought england were loosing!!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Ever been to Twickenham? Particularly for a domestic cup final? [/b][/quote]

Don't bite, he's stirring **** to start another fight.
[/b][/quote]

I don't know, in all his frantic stirring, he forgot his spelling and punctuation. This results in nobody actually understanding what he actually types.

I think it might be all of those compulsory Welsh lessons y'see, turns the mind into mush. :bleh!:

Latest posts