Edinburgh v Cardiff Blues

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Edinburgh.png
Edinburgh v Cardiff Blues
Cardiff.png
</div>

Phil Davies may only be concerned about Leinster and Munster but Edinburgh are just as much in the shake-up for the ***le. A bonus point win will certainly keep them on track especially with games to come against Leinster and the Scarlets.

The Blues are hanging on for dear life but defeat here should see any ***le aspirations all but ended.

The Blues welcome back Welsh trio Martyn Williams, Tom Shanklin and Gethin Jenkins for their trip to the Scottish capital. Gary Powell and Robin Soden Taylor miss out but the Blues also have Tom James and Dai Flanagan returning from injury.

Edinburgh welcome back club captain Simon Cross although he won't lead the side. Ross Rennie misses out along with Allan Jacobsen, Ross Ford, Roland Reid and Alan MacDonald.

Given they've more to play for I fancy Edinburgh to get the job done with the Blues having one eye on Toulouse next Sunday.

Edinburgh: Hugo Southwell, Simon Webster, Ben Cairns, Nick De Luca, John Houston, Phil Godman, Mike Blair, Gavin Kerr, Andrew Kelly, Craig Smith, Matt Mustchin, Craig Hamilton, Simon Cross, Allister Hogg©, David Callam.

Replacements: Steve Lawrie, Augusto Allori, Ben Gissing, Fergus Pringle, Ben Meyer, Calum MacRae, Andrew Turnbull.

Cardiff Blues: Ben Blair; Jamie Roberts, Tom Shanklin, Gareth Thomas, Tom James; Dai Flanagan, Jason Spice; Gethin Jenkins, Gareth Williams, Taufa'ao Filise, Deiniol Jones, Paul ***o, Maama Molitika, Martyn Williams, Xavier Rush©

Replacements: Gethin Jenkins, John Yapp, T Rhys Thomas, Scott Morgan, Ben White, Richie Rees, Nicky Robinson, Marc Stcherbina.

Looks as though Cardiff are 20-0 up.
Tom James taking two tries and Jamie Roberts getting one.
They should be looking to go for the bonus point win, it'll really help close down on Leinster.

Edit: Turns out that was the full time score.

Good to see Tom James back, and straight into scoring mode. What a winger he's gonna be for Cardiff Blues and Wales. Jamie Roberts also showing he knows the way to the line.

Although the Cardiff Blues are a pretty good team, what makes then below the best is firstly consistency but also a little bit extra to really capitalise and make the most of a win, this game and the Bristol game as examples, a few more points here and there and things could have been very different.
However, a pretty comprehensive victory by the sounds of it (did not see the game, doubt hardly anyone did) and its good to hear Tom James may be firing on all cylinders again, hoping he can surprise the French next week.
It must have been a lonely game up there for Cardiff Blues, the supporters trip got canceled due to lack of interest.

Yeah, it was a good win in a place that isn't easy to take points.
Hopefully this will give them a boost of confidence and allow them to travel to Toulouse with a lot of self belief - becuase the Blues can cause an upset...they just have to believe it.
I mean, it's not like Toulouse has been playing well the past couple of weeks. Terrible games against Biarritz and Stade Francais of late.
Cardiff have a lot to be confident about.

Hopefully this will give them a boost of confidence and allow them to travel to Toulouse with a lot of self belief - becuase the Blues can cause an upset...they just have to believe it.
I mean, it's not like Toulouse has been playing well the past couple of weeks. Terrible games against Biarritz and Stade Francais of late.
[/b]
Plus i have been watching the weather forecast, it does not go as far as next Sunday but it's raining all week up till including Thursday so this may effect playing style.
The weather, the return of players, the state of Toulouse and the fact its obvious the CBs really want this have made me regain my confidence.
All Welsh final would be the icing on the cake for a pretty successful Welsh season.

[/b]

I don't know how much you can take from the Paris match since it was his second string side.

Latest posts