• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Edinburgh v Gloucester - Pool 2

A

An Tarbh

Crucial game in Murrayfield especially coming on the back of whatever result in Agen the previous day, defeat is not an option for either side and given the form from last week, Edinburgh are looking a decent bet to reverse last weekend's result. They showed some good passages of play and you'd think given their home form they might just well have enough for this young and talented Gloucester side, whose turn will probably come in a season or 2.

Given Leinster's result yesterday we'll be looking for an Edinburgh win without the bp, that way any win against Edinburgh in Donnybrook and we'll be through.

Do we play you at Donnybrook last?
Or do we play Agen first? Cause if it's the final match it may be very tasty if we get the right results.

Gloucester comfortable winners today, watching some of Edinburgh's forward work was painful to watch, it wasn't as much good Gloucester defence but just some awful play by the Edinburgh pack, backplay looked far better but still some sloppy mistakes and the campaign is over for Edinburgh.

As for Gloucester, they not there just yet, with Agen not being out of it just yet they'll certainly get a game when they go there in January but it would be a great occasion at Kingsholm if it's a winner takes all game with Leinster.

Our pack was dire, the lineout was poor and the backline was all over the shop. We had no shape and that was the worst performance I've seen from a (near enough) full strength Emrba side. Lots of Glouscter fans came up, most of them were wanks has to be said, terrible winners. Though a fair few near me were worth good chat at half time.

Do good referees exist? The referee missed so much (from both sides probably, but I wasn't looking for Edinburgh foul play). Glouster went for cheap shots and I don't think their entire line was onside once in that game. No idea what Murray was sin binned for, when their 4 was allowed to carry on pinning our full back to the ground while they attacked. Paterson and Cairns got held back a fair bit for chase throughs aswell..

Wasn't good enough performance overall, while the ref was a factor the missing game shape was more important.

After the group stages I will firmly be a Leinster supporter for H Cup.

Bad refs are becoming increasingly frustrating in this competition, yesterday you had one of the better refs in Jutge having a mare in Limerick, and Owens is missing a lot in today's game but in fairness to refs, Spreadbury had a great game yesterday.

Dunno if you saw the game but the ref was bad. There was a big fight and he sat there doing nothing, the touch judges had to sort it out.

Our pack was dire, the lineout was poor and the backline was all over the shop. We had no shape and that was the worst performance I've seen from a (near enough) full strength Emrba side. Lots of Glouscter fans came up, most of them were wanks has to be said, terrible winners. Though a fair few near me were worth good chat at half time.

Do good referees exist? The referee missed so much (from both sides probably, but I wasn't looking for Edinburgh foul play). Glouster went for cheap shots and I don't think their entire line was onside once in that game. No idea what Murray was sin binned for, when their 4 was allowed to carry on pinning our full back to the ground while they attacked. Paterson and Cairns got held back a fair bit for chase throughs aswell..

Wasn't good enough performance overall, while the ref was a factor the missing game shape was more important.

After the group stages I will firmly be a Leinster supporter for H Cup. [/b]

Now really, you expcted Gloucester to not cheat?

It was like watching a couple of puppies scrapping in the back garden. Lots of airy-fairy ideas about how to play rugby, no real dominance for either team in any area.

Gloucester are the future for English rugby? Long way to go. And the En'bra pack needs to pump up to a double D cup.

Without Hogg and Smithy our pack lacks any direction. Strokers, Murray and Chunk are all good players but they can't do it on their own. Dougie Hall wasn't all that bad though.

The danger with Edinburgh is that their style is so open so more prone to defensive errors, like Leinster, Llanelli and Toulouse, although I would say our defence is possibly the strongest of all those teams as we survive off so little possession.

Exactly. Our defence is bad. We can all tackle well, but it's the organisation. We use a drift defence, yet more often than not our centres are too far apart and the line is all wonky. We take far too long to clear the ball from a ruck, and it's prone to counter rucking. We need to work on defence. We can attack, but when it comes to defence we couldn't tell our arse from our elbow.

Latest posts