• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Edinburgh v Llanelli

A

An Tarbh

Llanelli haven't had the best of Christmas periods, first with the match being cancelled with the Dragons and their 2 ensuing defeats. They'll certainly need to win this one if they're to keep control of their ***le challenge. At least they have the boost of the return of skipper Simon Easterby and Stephen Jones.

Edinburgh haven't been in the best of form recently either and will be relying on their strong home record in the league to get them through this one.

Bit of a weird one this one. Neither side playing aswell as they should be, but we both play an attractive style of rugby and we're both looking to get our seasons back on track. Paterson has said that he wants to go for bonus point wins, and Howells has told his international players to shape up or ship out (direct at Di Rollo and Southwell I think). Taylor's back, so Strokers gets a rest. I'll say Edinburgh will win a great game, just.

I think the Gunners will take this one alright, not been convinced by the Scarlets of late and it is an ask for any team to get a win at Murrayfield let alone when you're out of form.

Wasn't quite as an exciting game as I thought it would be. A very poor first half in terms of quality from both sides, mistakes a plenty on both sides with Llanelli enjoying a brief spell or two of pressure that came to nothing. Second half, Edinburgh came out the much better side. Domnaited Llanelli upfront and kicked the points when it mattered. PLeased to see our scrum and lineout improving from the Glouscter and Weegie games. Hodge was brillaint yet again, and showed why he's such a key player for us these days.

Moment of the match had to be when Alix Poppam was going for the corner and he got smashed into touch by a 5ft 6" Argentian winger with an afro. Lopez was great in defence, didn't get to show much in attack though.

So the next 3 games will be crucial for us, if we're to get the ***le. We've got to play Connacht and the Ospreys at home and Leinster away. I think we can win the home games, if Howells can make some signings, and Leinster away is winnable given that they'll be missing key players aswell.

Latest posts