• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether Cole was responsible for England's loss or not (I don't think that he was), it was 3 years ago. He's playing some of the best rugby he's ever played at the moment, while he was playing some of his worst back in 2019. Players change, form changes, etc.

If a player is playing great rugby now I couldn't really care less what they were up to 3 years ago.
3 years later

Maryland Yarde: hey everyone!

George, Walker and Porter all out of training squad injured. Replaced by McGuigan, Singleton and Radwan.

Great to see McGuigan and Radwan involved

Odd that they've replaced Porter with an out and put winger
Surely Marchant...

Camp hasn't started yet, these will be knocks from this weekends prem games - I know George went off injured

Reactions: BPM

Lame that they're not playing a home game somewhere other than Twickenham

Should've moved the Fiji game to St James park or Old Trafford or something

Are there any rumours as to why Marchant hasn't been included?

He'd be starting in my England XV, let alone in the 23 squad.

I told you, he finished off the last of the weetabix at breakfast before Jones got there!

I'd be prepared to bet it's a petty reason such as his face not fitting, personality clash or simply Jones seemingly hating the idea that a player could be identified as a good player before Jones claims he has identified them as a good player.

Would you start him in the centre or on the wing? He has been playing on the wing for Harlequins all season.

Would you start him in the centre or on the wing? He has been playing on the wing for Harlequins all season.
He's covering for Lynagh, he'll be back at 13 once fit again which probably leaves Northmore in the 23 shirt

He's a quality player who's been shabbily treated. Apparently he had a 'disappointing' tour and has some aspects of his game to 'work on'. If that were true, fair enough but given the comparison point of Porter's appearances it rankles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts