• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 6N 2016 - General Chit Chat

On the positive, if Wales win we're more likely to see Ewers / Manu in action in the France game.

Eddie Jones has seen a lot less of these players than we have. I'd wager he knows more about coaching than me but I'd also wager I know more about the Bath players than him. Also years of seeing Ashton for England mean I'd wager I know more about Ashton than him too.
Your wasted on here seen as your so knowledgeable.You should apply for a managers job ASAP as soon as one becomes available.Do you honestly think Eddie Jones has had his head in the sand regarding England players ?Im sure being joint top try scorer in the biggest tournament of all the World Cup would of made a few people give him some attention?

No one can claim Burrell is the form 12. If you'd been watching rugby youd know he's been playing well at 13 and rubbish at 12.

What do we think to Launchbury and Kruis at second row, Itoje at 6 and Robshaw at 7?

Could be seen as regressive, having tried to escape playing Robshaw at 7, but having picked another non-7 at 7 it doesn't seem regressive at all to me, and think it would allow the in-form players to get their chance, especially if EJ is planning on introducing the guys into a winning system. Robshaw at 7 for the remainder of this 6 nations and start blooding in Clifford some more, or get Kvesic/Fraser out there.

Don't see Itoje as a lock, although he is good there, he would be better served at 6, and with two world-class 2nd rows already It'd be nice to give Maro his chance.

What do we think to Launchbury and Kruis at second row, Itoje at 6 and Robshaw at 7?

Could be seen as regressive, having tried to escape playing Robshaw at 7, but having picked another non-7 at 7 it doesn't seem regressive at all to me, and think it would allow the in-form players to get their chance, especially if EJ is planning on introducing the guys into a winning system. Robshaw at 7 for the remainder of this 6 nations and start blooding in Clifford some more, or get Kvesic/Fraser out there.

Don't see Itoje as a lock, although he is good there, he would be better served at 6, and with two world-class 2nd rows already It'd be nice to give Maro his chance.

I defiantly see itoje as a 6 but for Wales would like to see

4 itoje
5 kruis
6 robshaw
7 Clifford
8 binny

And bench lauchberry and Haskell on the bench.

I think we should ease lauchberry in off the bench and Clifford has to start. He is the best acting 7 we can use right now and miles better than Haskell who should really be on the bench as in sure he will give away a penalty last minute.

Additionally if itoje does start at 6 we have to have Lawes back on the bench and he doesn't look for at all, still look injured to me.

I think you'll find very few people will agree with you on that front. Trying to think of someone here who would select Ashton over Roko.

James Short? Done everything consistently well this season at Exeter & always looks a genuine threat with ball in hand. Just ask Roko on Sunday.

James Short? Done everything consistently well this season at Exeter & always looks a genuine threat with ball in hand. Just ask Roko on Sunday.
I really don't know the Exeter players that well at all so can't really comment. My point was the guy is trying to say Ashton is a 'proven' international and Roko shouldn't play because he only saw the ball 8 times in one match and kept Savea quiet. He's also suggest EJ in infallible and knows way more than us as a way to prove his point....which proves nothing as I'll place a high bet EJ doesn't really know the club players at all currently.

I really don't know the Exeter players that well at all so can't really comment. My point was the guy is trying to say Ashton is a 'proven' international and Roko shouldn't play because he only saw the ball 8 times in one match and kept Savea quiet. He's also suggest EJ in infallible and knows way more than us as a way to prove his point....which proves nothing as I'll place a high bet EJ doesn't really know the club players at all currently.

How much more proven can you get than top try scorer at a World Cup?

How much more proven can you get than top try scorer at a World Cup?
by being utterly **** for the next 4 years and a turnstile in defence. He made George Ford look good at it.

Last edited:
Plus 6 tries against Romania, Georgia and Scotland is hardly the stuff of legend.

Completely agree. Also could be one of those players who have one very good season.

You're both probably right as he wasn't exactly lighting anything up at Saracens or Irish particularly but it seems something has clicked this season as he looks a completely different player.

I put a lot down to the new beard! In fact a lot to be said for a beard as a rugby player in my book... ImageUploadedByRugby Forum1456836601.015041.jpg

I mean James Short v2.0 is simply a meaner look than the original:

ImageUploadedByRugby Forum1456836733.326861.jpg

I'm thinking this could be the start for an epic new discussion topic... Thoughts?

by being utterly **** for the next 4 years and a turnstile in defence. He made George Ford look good at it.

Do you actually watch any rugby?he has been far from **** as you put it for Saracens.If you want to see a **** game of Rugby watch Bath,the entire team are playing ****.

Do you actually watch any rugby?he has been far from **** as you put it for Saracens.If you want to see a **** game of Rugby watch Bath,the entire team are playing ****.
Funny I was going to ask the same of you...notice how NOBODY is backing you up on this one?

I must say I'm with ncurd on this one . I like my rugby players with tackling and defensive capabilities . I don't think anyone doubts Ashton's ability to score tries it's the rest of his game . He's improved to be fair but I'd rather Nowell, Roko, Watson and Yarde over Ashton

Funny I was going to ask the same of you...notice how NOBODY is backing you up on this one?

Don't need any back up from any one on here,If Ashton played for Bath it would be different I bet.Ashton was picked and Roko wasn't.Deal with it.

Latest posts