Danny Care (Harlequins)
Elliot Daly (Wasps)
Owen Farrell (Saracens)
George Ford (Bath Rugby)
Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby)
Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs)
Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby)
Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)

Seems like LCD for George and Brookes for Hill in the 23 and then Manu/Goode in the 23 shirt for Wales

Last edited:
What did George do to get dropped? Is he injured or something otherwise thats just madness.

Maybe they've released him to get gametime with Saracens? Like how Manu and Goode have?
He's barely seen the pitch for England.

If not then I agree: That's ****ing mental.
Especially as LCD doesn't look back to 100% yet/is playing nowhere near his best.

Think Olyy could be right, I'll wait to be outraged until confirmed one way or t'other.

Think Olyy could be right, I'll wait to be outraged until confirmed one way or t'other.
bbbbut what else are we suppose to do until next week? Carry on debating about the Brown incident? We need something to argue about.

Hill's time will come, but very pleased to see Brookes back. Pre injury he had a diet of loose head on toast.

Pretty sure Cole will start against Wales, although bringing Brookes straight back in might be a sign of aggressive intent in keeping with the new England.

bbbbut what else are we suppose to do until next week? Carry on debating about the Brown incident? We need something to argue about.

Pick whichever of the following is the funnier

a) "We could do anything. Anything! Write a book, learn to cook, see the sun... don't you see ncurd? We're free! Free! Eddie has freed us... all of humanity's achievements lie before us and the world is your edible mollusc of choice!"

b) "Pfft, what sort of England fan are you if you can't think of anything to argue about? I see we have another long discussion on who should play inside-centre followed by one on the composition of our back rows, then Marler vs Mako, then etc.etc."

Pick whichever of the following is the funnier

a) "We could do anything. Anything! Write a book, learn to cook, see the sun... don't you see ncurd? We're free! Free! Eddie has freed us... all of humanity's achievements lie before us and the world is your edible mollusc of choice!"

b) "Pfft, what sort of England fan are you if you can't think of anything to argue about? I see we have another long discussion on who should play inside-centre followed by one on the composition of our back rows, then Marler vs Mako, then etc.etc."

We haven't done Ford vs. Farrell at fly half for at least a day and a half.

I vote that.

So many dead horses to flog:

May-Nowell-Watson-Roko-Ashton
Goode-Brown
Farrell-Ford
Marler-Vunipola
JJ-Daly
Tea-Coffee

Kvesic/Ewers-Kvesic/Itoje-Kvesic/Robshaw-Kvesic/Haskell-Haskell/Robshaw-Robshaw/Itoje-Robshaw/Ewers-...

Kvesic/Ewers-Kvesic/Itoje-Kvesic/Robshaw-Kvesic/Haskell-Haskell/Robshaw-Robshaw/Itoje-Robshaw/Ewers-...
I don't see a Kvesic in those combinations

smh

So many dead horses to flog:

May-Nowell-Watson-Roko-Ashton
Goode-Brown
Farrell-Ford-Slade (ftfy)
Marler-Vunipola
JJ-Daly
Tea-Coffee
Done. Next.

Last edited:

Well the obvious one is whether Manu (convicted in court and for bashing Ashton up on the pitch) is a bigger thug than Brown who was cleared by Referee, TMO and citing official.....?

Especially as LCD doesn't look back to 100% yet/is playing nowhere near his best.

He looked very good to me on sunday. His fitness isn't in doubt as he was only out for a broken thumb.
The main criticism of LCD has been his darts but it looks like hes been working on that ,as he looked fine on sunday.
EJ obviously sees things he likes in him.

Thank God. Though the line "Callard returns to his role as national performance academy manager & international performance coach" dismays me. How can anyone hold a "performance" role (or roles) when they're presiding over the worst U20s Six Nations since its inception? Before we even look at the Saxons "performances" of the last two years.

How often does he have to do badly before being sacked? It just reads as "he'll be kicking around the old boys club for another few years". It's like he's an army officer in the 19th century, who hangs around an infantry regiment because he's got nothing better to do with his time. Rarely does anything --and when he does it's usually ends like Isandlwana-- but somehow clings on for years.

It does sound like they're trying to change the Saxons into a post-U20s nurturing group*, which is promising since they have no real role anymore, but under Callard? Hopefully when Eddie gets the chance he'll get rid of him pronto. Could you imagine, in your wildest nightmares, an Under 23 tour of South Africa under Callard?

*"He will continue to work with players who have recently graduated from the Under 20 programme into the Saxons."

In one moment they have finally looked decisive, only to then bottle it! Any success we have had in recent years has been based on the U20 pipeline so at least that is protected. I'm sure Hague is good but it looks like they have a jobs for the boys mentality - Hague is ex rfu as well.

Callard's record is laughably bad. We should find it easier to win at Saxons and U20 level where strength in depth should actually be a major advantage. Regular losses to Scotland at that level should be unheard of. Previous generations were winning by 50 points not long ago.

Rob Hunter seems to have made a big impact at the Chiefs. He was a loss to the age group teams though. Maybe he got fed up of working with Callard.

Last edited:

Latest posts