• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 6N 2016 - General Chit Chat

Don't need any back up from any one on here,If Ashton played for Bath it would be different I bet.Ashton was picked and Roko wasn't.Deal with it.
Your lack of knowledge is outstanding.

Ashton wasn't picked he just wasn't dropped where EJ had only 10 changes he could make.

Roko is part of the EPS as he was called up once Ashton got himself suspended.

I must say I'm with ncurd on this one . I like my rugby players with tackling and defensive capabilities . I don't think anyone doubts Ashton's ability to score tries it's the rest of his game . He's improved to be fair but I'd rather Nowell, Roko, Watson and Yarde over Ashton

I admit Ashton is definitely not a powerhouse in defence,but his instinct in attack more than make up for it.Yarde is out of position a lot,and IMO just as weak defensively for that reason.Nowell is a great player who is worthy of a test place,as is Watson.I have to disagree on Roko,Some people here can't take another's opinion without going off on one.I don't dislike Roko and wish him well,I just rate Ashton higher.

Your lack of knowledge is outstanding.

Ashton wasn't picked he just wasn't dropped where EJ had only 10 changes he could make.

Roko is part of the EPS as he was called up once Ashton got himself suspended.

Where are bath in the premiership at the moment?is that why your mad?or have you just got a thing for big strapping foreign blokes?

Some people here can't take another's opinion without going off on one.
Bloody hell "go off on one" you had a opinion people went against it and your only arguements has been "the coach knows more", "he's proven by scoring 6 try's against **** sides in a world cup 4.5 year ago" when we've pointed out the fallacy of those arguements. You've gone ah but Bath are ****.

Anyway to address your point actually I don't rate Ashton's attack any more than Roko's and his defence is a liability I swear he's directly cupable for more try's scored against us than he's scored or created since that world cup. Which is why he was dropped he made colassal mistake almost every match. He was lucky to last under Lancaster as long as he did.

Roko however is pretty solid in defence and in attack has more ability in IMO to create a chance than Ashton. Just look at the Exeter game on Sunday even playing in a utterly ****e Bath backline on its 5th choice fly-half he was able to create a couple of moments.

Ashton is an arch-finishers nothing more and we have plenty of players who can finish moves.

If you don't want your opinion questioned don't post one.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are bath in the premiership at the moment?is that why your mad?or have you just got a thing for big strapping foreign blokes?
What does Bath's position in table have to do with it?

Bloody hell "go off on one" you had a opinion people went against it and your only arguements has been "the coach knows more", "he's proven by scoring 6 try's against **** sides in a world cup 4.5 year ago" when we've pointed out the fallacy of those arguements. You've gone ah but Bath are ****.

Anyway to address your point actually I don't rate Ashton's attack any more than Roko's and his defence is a liability I swear he's directly cupable for more try's scored against us than he's scored or created since that world cup. Which is why he was dropped he made colassal mistake almost every match. He was lucky to last under Lancaster as long as he did.

Roko however is pretty solid in defence and in attack has more ability in IMO to create a chance than Ashton. Just look at the Exeter game on Sunday even playing in a utterly ****e Bath backline on its 5th choice fly-half he was able to create a couple of moments.

Ashton is an arch-finishers nothing more and we have plenty of players who can finish moves.

- - - Updated - - -

Check the top try scorers in the premiership,I think you will find Ashton out scores him in every season,he has scored try of the year against Australia and top try scorer in a World Cup,what attack wise has Roko achieved?

- - - Updated - - -

Stop the press.Roko created "a couple of moments"against Exeter,fast track him straight to the lions

Check the top try scorers in the premiership,I think you will find Ashton out scores him in every season,he has scored try of the year against Australia and top try scorer in a World Cup,what attack wise has Roko achieved?

And check who has the most defenders beaten and most line breaks, that is Roko. Ashton is playing in a team that has dominated for years and gives him space to operate. He needs everything set up nicely for him to score tries. The thing is, we won't get that against internationl sides which is why Ashton has failed internationally. He is incapable of creating anything himself. Roko on the other had has a fantastic step, decent top speed, great power, a brilliant aerial game and solid defence. Take Ashton out of Sarries and he will perform crap.

Also since you have decided Bath are **** and therefore the players aren't worth looking at, let's remove George Ford, JJ and Watson from the side. Things that happened 4 years ago count for nothing now. You know what else Ashton proved? Having one of the longest dry spells of any tier 1 international winger after his "golden" days. Considering that is more recent and he never got back to scoring tries for England, there is no reason to choose him.

Also you're new here but sort out your attitude, don't come on here lecturing everyone about how you're right and getting all sarcastic.

Check the top try scorers in the premiership,I think you will find Ashton out scores him in every season

By that Logic Waldrom should be ahead of Vunipola

Also since you have decided Bath are **** and therefore the players aren't worth looking at, let's remove George Ford, JJ and Watson from the side. Things that happened 4 years ago count for nothing now. You know what else Ashton proved? Having one of the longest dry spells of any tier 1 international winger after his "golden" days. Considering that is more recent and he never got back to scoring tries for England, there is no reason to choose him.

Hell i wouldn't mind Ford being removed.

The extent of the Inferiority complex some Leicester fans here seem to have, is pretty scary.

Jesus only just twigged how much Ashton is like Cuthbert...

Quick
Great finishers (when on form), but won't ever create something from nothing.
Awful defence
Universally disliked by their own fans

Quick
Awful defence

How dare you insult Ashton like that!!!!!!

Dear god his friend and family might see this.

Quick
Awful defence

Exactly..and when he was riding high...well, we didn't want to have to break it to you guys but it was only a matter of time until you all realised he was bad!

Sorry. My English might not be good enough.
I just do not understand how some people seem to be more busy hating + flaming one team instead supporting their own.

Sorry. My English might not be good enough.
I just do not understand how some people seem to be more busy hating + flaming one team instead supporting their own.

Welcome to the famous English sense of humour.

Welcome to the famous English sense of humour.

Don't worry, I do know it well enough.
I wanted to say, what I wrote might have been misunderstanding, not that I did not get it... ;)

Latest posts