• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England and Wales ponder Cup bid

<div class='quotemain'>Can't see them having it for 2015 though, dunno if it's on purpose or not, but all of the last WC Hosts have followed a pattern: SH, NH, SH, NH, SH, NH. So can see it going to a NH country.[/b]
Japan is in the Northern Hemisphere!

I really hope the IRB don't let Englandandwales host it. :rahh: Why isn't Ireland making a bid? Save us!
[/b][/quote]

Well there's these things called stadiums, where matches generally take place and what with Ireland not having any real stadiums the chances of us bidding to host a world cup are quite small although still within in the realms of possibility given we had the gall to bid for Euro 2008 without any of them.

The IRB have **** all credibility to begin with so it'll be no skin off their noses when they shaft Japan and give it to South Africa or England.

Ireland are making strides though! The IRFU are at least making a good effort at expanding their own stadiums and supporting new ones (like the one on ye olde Maze site in Ulster).

I'd probably wait until 2025 until you guys could bid though..

<div class='quotemain'>Can't see them having it for 2015 though, dunno if it's on purpose or not, but all of the last WC Hosts have followed a pattern: SH, NH, SH, NH, SH, NH. So can see it going to a NH country.[/b]

I really hope the IRB don't let Englandandwales host it. :rahh: Why isn't Ireland making a bid? Save us! [/b][/quote]

It is? :huh: Well I guess never bothering to pay much attention in Geography is reaping it's revenge... Hmmm, maybe this explains why it's New Zealand in 2011 and not Japan... But yeah, give it to Japan with the sliding pitch! It's an attraction all by itself that is, heh maybe Japan can win by using it to sweep the opposition off the pitch since only they can read the controls.
But yeah Japan all the way! Then bugger EnglandandWales, give it to Argentina or Italy for 2019!

Argentina in 2019 would be incredibly awesome, I'd just love to go just for the Argentine BBQ.

Ireland are making strides though! The IRFU are at least making a good effort at expanding their own stadiums and supporting new ones (like the one on ye olde Maze site in Ulster).

I'd probably wait until 2025 until you guys could bid though..
[/b]

We'll be waiting longer than that I'm sure, Lansdowne is â'¬100+ over budget and the governement don't look like bailing out the FAI/IRFU anytime soon so who knows what sort of fiasco could ensue there and the other provincial grounds may well be suitable to host HEC games but hardly world cup matches. As for the Maze the spiralling potential costs are making it a non starter in my opinion, can't see them finding the guts of 1 billion euro to finance that project.

<div class='quotemain'>

I really hope the IRB don't let Englandandwales host it. :rahh: Why isn't Ireland making a bid? Save us!
[/b][/quote]

Well there's these things called stadiums, where matches generally take place and what with Ireland not having any real stadiums the chances of us bidding to host a world cup are quite small although still within in the realms of possibility given we had the gall to bid for Euro 2008 without any of them.

The IRB have **** all credibility to begin with so it'll be no skin off their noses when they shaft Japan and give it to South Africa or England.
[/b][/quote]

Croke Park 82,300
Semple Stadium Thurles 55,000
Gaelic Grounds 50,000
Lansdowne Road (when redeveloped) 50,000
Pairc Uí Caoimh 43,000 (Land purchased for redevelopment, new capacity rumoured to be in the 60,000 region)
Fitzgerald Stadium 43,000

Ireland has the Stadia, If the IRFU can work something out with the GAA We could host the 2035 RWC maybe, possibly? Nah It won't happen.

Well ordinarily I'd say there's no chance of the GAA and the IRFU coming to any sort of arrangement for hosting a world cup but given the fact that they got a more than generous rent for the use of Croker and the fact that Croker was not even a quarter full for the Leinster Final and Páirc Uí Caoimh was only half full for the Munster final they might well find themselves in a position to reconsider. Having said that even with the stadia available there's also the slight problem of shite public transport facilities, 2 trams and 1 metro won't exactly get the job done.

As for the Maze the spiralling potential costs are making it a non starter in my opinion, can't see them finding the guts of 1 billion euro to finance that project. [/b]

Oh, don't worry, the Northern Ireland assembly is perfectly adept at wasting UK taxpayer's money. And anyway, its in a good cause because there'll be a conflict resolution center where everyone can talk about their 'experiences' get in touch with their feelings, have a good cry and a hug.

You know the problem about Gary Cooper? When they got him in touch with his feelings, they found that they couldn't get him to SHUT UP :rahh:

<div class='quotemain'>
As for the Maze the spiralling potential costs are making it a non starter in my opinion, can't see them finding the guts of 1 billion euro to finance that project. [/b]

Oh, don't worry, the Northern Ireland assembly is perfectly adept at wasting UK taxpayer's money. And anyway, its in a good cause because there'll be a conflict resolution center where everyone can talk about their 'experiences' get in touch with their feelings, have a good cry and a hug.

You know the problem about Gary Cooper? When they got him in touch with his feelings, they found that they couldn't get him to SHUT UP :rahh:
[/b][/quote]

There's too much petty fighting going on between the DUP and Sinn Fein for them to get their fingers out of their arses and actually make a decision on this one, they might have the application for planning permission ready by the eve of the 2019 final!!!

Now you see, thats where the conflict resolution center comes in.

They're only having it in the last standing prison block because they can't be bothered spending £500 million commissioning Lord Foster to build another glass dildo.

Now you see, thats where the conflict resolution center comes in.

They're only having it in the last standing prison block because they can't be bothered spending £500 million commissioning Lord Foster to build another glass dildo.
[/b]

Well of course they're not gonna build a glass dildo, bunch of bible bashing homophobes

Surely the IRB must find a way to enable a good rotational policy between 'second tier' and 'top tier' nations and allow that every four years a top tier nation e.g. South Africa, NZ, England, Wales etc get one and then the second tier nation e.g. Japan, Fiji, Canada, USA etc get the next one and this continues!

This will then encourage rugby, I reckon a Rugby World Cup in Japan and the USA could and I mean could be massive for rugby!

I reckon it should go to japan in 2015. they should have everything since they helped host the soccer world cup in 2002 from a stadium point of view. they also already have decent coporate sponsorship in rugby so additional money should be easy to get for other stuff. I think 2019 it should then go back to somwhere like england or maybe south africa

Surely the IRB must find a way to enable a good rotational policy between 'second tier' and 'top tier' nations and allow that every four years a top tier nation e.g. South Africa, NZ, England, Wales etc get one and then the second tier nation e.g. Japan, Fiji, Canada, USA etc get the next one and this continues!

This will then encourage rugby, I reckon a Rugby World Cup in Japan and the USA could and I mean could be massive for rugby!
[/b]
well that would be great in a perfect world but the fact of the matter is really aside from japan argentina and maybe america there isnt anywhere else to really have them. places like fiji are way too small for it and youd really struggle to get the interest in other countries for the tournament which could possibly devalue it

Wasn't there a rumour that Ireland & Scotland were mulling a joint bid?

I'd be almost moved to support that considering that Scotland is a total charity case right now anyway..

Wasn't there a rumour that Ireland & Scotland were mulling a joint bid?

I'd be almost moved to support that considering that Scotland is a total charity case right now anyway..
[/b]

I heard those rumours as well but given Ireland's lack of facilities and Scotland's lack of support the IRB wouldn't exactly be off to a winner, although given past decisions it's not as daft an idea as you'd think.

Ieland and Scotland would be a recipe for empty stadiums. As a Joint Celtic bid it could be managed where Ireland host their home games, Scotland theirs and Wales theirs but as a country on their own, not a chance. That of course applies to Wales, Scotland and Ireland. Were going to experience something like this in New Zealand so the IRB will need to go with the banker tournament in England or SA, then look at Japan in for the next one.

How about North Korea to host the cup? 150,000 seater stadium and they can fill it at gunpoint!

Latest posts