• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England EPS 2017/18 edition.

Also to throw a name out there, Attwood is now back in England. I know lock is not a position of concern for us but anyone think he might get a look in? Apparently he impressed at Toulon.

I think Attwood can get back in the frame. Kruis did look rejuvenated at the end of last season but I still think he's vulnerable and given Isiekwe's unceremonious 35mins in SA, I don't think lock is a sewn-up as we might have thought a year ago.

As for Ashton, he's got a chance but only as a winger. As I see it, Daly, Watson, May and Nowell are the first choice options for the wing berths but I don't remember the last time all four were fit at the same time? After that, we have Solomona, Yarde and possibly Cokanasiga but only one of those has any genuine test pedigree in terms of games and tries (Yarde). Given that Eddie also seems to want to look at Daly at 15, that opens up a spot as fourth choice, that could easily be third if injuries bite.

Attwood looks good and could add something we are missing, but from what I gather Spencer seems to be more in England's mind than him ATM.

Interesting to see what happens i'm a big Isiekwe fan, but can see Eddie dropping him for Attwood/Spencer/Kruis

I really like Spencer and I think he could be great for Tigers, but he does seem to be very injury prone. Hopefully that's behind him, but I think he'd need to put together a good run of form to really get in to the England mix. He rarely seems to make it through 5 consecutive games.

If Attwood is over his injury and mental health issues he could really challenge IMO.

For some reason I can't edit ...

Just to add, we seem to be assuming Eddie's not interested in Attwood, but apart from when he first took over at a point where Itoje, Launchbury, Lawes and Kruis were he obvious choices, Attwood's never really been available for selection.

Reading that Anthony Watson has had a setback and may not play again until next year.

Bad for him, but a chance for someone else. Do we stick with what we saw in SA? Personally hope big Joe has a stonking start to the season and gets a shot in the AIs.

England fans: Hey we've actually got a couple of really promising young looseheads coming through

Eddie Jones: NOT ON MY WATCH

Has anyone got a full list of training camp injuries during EJs time incharge? Not on field but off field numbers seem v high.

Especially effects young players such as genge as players at his level where he is playing well, proving himself, first choice for tigers and a strong contender for an england spot. Being out till jan means he has a month to prove himself before the 6N and thats a month if there are no complications.

Injuries will happen but its getting too far from the odd one.

You'd hope almost no one who toured in the summer,
Lads need a proper rest not a couple of weeks then straight into eddies borderline lethal training sessions

So RFU chief has been talking to BBC about backing EJ and all that. Did mention the defence coach. Said RFU is in discussions with various people and it's EJ call. I guess bit that interest me is he said looking at hiring an attacks coach. I would guess full time. Both to be done before the autumn internationals. Be interesting to see if all this happens before the training squad.

You'd hope almost no one who toured in the summer,
Lads need a proper rest not a couple of weeks then straight into eddies borderline lethal training sessions
This comment seems familiar over the last 12 months.

First choice players it will be then...

We should have a little sweep stake for who we think will be injured in each set of training session.s

So RFU chief has been talking to BBC about backing EJ and all that. Did mention the defence coach. Said RFU is in discussions with various people and it's EJ call. I guess bit that interest me is he said looking at hiring an attacks coach. I would guess full time. Both to be done before the autumn internationals. Be interesting to see if all this happens before the training squad.

Read this on the BBC site. Wasn't quite a vote of confidence, but he basically said that things had to improve both on and off the pitch. Fallout could be interesting if the AIs don't go to plan.

Except that the calendar permits, doesn't feel like there's a great deal of point to an Aug get together - players don't need bashing up and the key coaches aren't in place.

We should have a little sweep stake for who we think will be injured in each set of training session.s
Hot young LHP #4
Anyone who looks like they might challenge Farrell for the 12 shirt
Any SH who looks international standard, but isn't Youngs/Care (actually, I'm not I needed that "but" in there, Youngs and Care have only ever looked international standard when the other one is starting)

Hot young LHP #4
Anyone who looks like they might challenge Farrell for the 12 shirt
Any SH who looks international standard, but isn't Youngs/Care (actually, I'm not I needed that "but" in there, Youngs and Care have only ever looked international standard when the other one is starting)
As if a player like that will get into the squad in the first place.

Latest posts