• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England future management?

I think it will be extremes, either great or terrible.

I am not sure that any one coach - be it Jones, White or even Tigsman - will be able to make England a great rugby team!

They may well do better than when any of the last four coaches have been in charge (and actually win something) but the whole structure of the English game is against them!

Just like the French, until the whole structure changes, nothing will change. I cannot see this happening as far too many vested interests......

I am not sure that any one coach - be it Jones, White or even Tigsman - will be able to make England a great rugby team!

They may well do better than when any of the last four coaches have been in charge (and actually win something) but the whole structure of the English game is against them!

Just like the French, until the whole structure changes, nothing will change. I cannot see this happening as far too many vested interests......

I don't agree with that negative attitude at all. We had a rubbish England coach for 4 years and still kept up our performances until the World Cup disaster.

The premiership produces some brilliant players. They might not have the handling skills of the all blacks but then you don't need to if you play to our strengths.

With a decent coach we can become the best in the world.

Olyy will like that ;)

I like Mitchell But his player management record isn't great, the lions performed well under him but then it went ***s up due to his perceived treatment of them (which he was found not guilty).

Just not sure he is the person to help transform England he needs to coach a club team for a few season without issues.

Would have more ahead of him.

Stormers want £700,000 for Jones.

Not bad considering Wales wanted £1 million for Gatland.

Pocket money for the RFU.

Where do you see this ?

- - - Updated - - -

Olyy will like that ;)

I like Mitchell But his player management record isn't great, the lions performed well under him but then it went ***s up due to his perceived treatment of them (which he was found not guilty).

Just not sure he is the person to help transform England he needs to coach a club team for a few season without issues.

Would have more ahead of him.

Mitchell probably feels having already been part of an England coaching setup before, that he might do the job.

I don't agree with that negative attitude at all. We had a rubbish England coach for 4 years and still kept up our performances until the World Cup disaster.

The premiership produces some brilliant players. They might not have the handling skills of the all blacks but then you don't need to if you play to our strengths.

With a decent coach we can become the best in the world.

I think a top coach can make a huge difference to any group of players. But there aren't many of those around. To mount sustained challenges, there needs to be structural change.

Rupert actually stated the amount in rand - 15million - which made me think of the part from Austin Powers:

... and cue unsubstantiated gossip...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here's a funny thing....friend sat next to Eddie Jones in the BA lounge, Cape Town Hot tip as next Eng rugby coach....on a flight to London!</p>&mdash; Stephen Ng (@StephenNg99) <a href="https://twitter.com/StephenNg99/status/667085095065550848">November 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:
Stormers fans will be upset.

Either it will work beautifully or it will just be a massive cluster fek between RFU and PRL.

Last edited:
Rupert actually stated the amount in rand - 15million - which made me think of the part from Austin Powers:

... and cue unsubstantiated gossip...

Here's a funny thing....friend sat next to Eddie Jones in the BA lounge, Cape Town Hot tip as next Eng rugby coach....on a flight to London!
— Stephen Ng (@StephenNg99) November 18, 2015
<script charset="utf-8" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" async=""></script>

Sure thats not a clip of the recent PRL demands to the RFU around player compensation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty disappointed if Jones is given the head coach role if I'm honest.

Why?

Borthwick is apparently going to be an assistant.

It's one of those things though who else is there?

White
Mitchell
Deans
Kirwan
McKenzie

Out of those would only have Deans.

Last edited:
Crazy to think that even 6 months ago people would think you were bat**** crazy to suggest Borthwick as a real option for an England coaching role.

Crazy to think that even 6 months ago people would think you were bat**** crazy to suggest Borthwick as a real option for an England coaching role.

Aye.

Crazy to think we could have a coaching staff of

Jones
Borthwick
Farrell

Just missing Venter.

Latest posts