Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My god we're good.

Thorpe 118*
G Jones 73
Flintoff 60

Typical of England this year, never easily defeated, Thorpey with a trademark innings against all the odds. SA bowlers struggle against left handers by the look of it, all three centurions are cackhanded.

The stands are about 80/90% empty because the South African public is embarressed to support the Proteas. Look at them! they are terrible, we had bigger turnouts when the dolphins played Western Province here in Durban. I have gone to the cricket every day in Durbs so far but South Africa are a couple classes behind England.

Another reason for the empty stands is that cricket in south africa is mainly played by the english speaking south africans in which quite a few have left south africa to go to Australia, UK or America... sad ey!

Bad light stopped play with SA at 290-8.

Was playing golf so didnt see the days play but I assume we should have finished them off with more than 15 overs left.

Very disappointing.

Third Test - Newlands

SA 95-2 Smith 52*

Skipper back in form by the looks of it.

Certainly looking ominous for England now, they'll be lucky to see out the day tomorow.

This will test them and prove to that they deserve their 2nd place in the rankings.

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@Jan 5 2005, 09:48 PM
This will test them and prove to that they deserve their 2nd place in the rankings.
3 quick wickets on day 4, 487 ahead are SA atm, uphill battle

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 5 2005, 10:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 5 2005, 10:06 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan
@Jan 5 2005, 09:48 PM
3 quick wickets on day 4, 487 ahead are SA atm, uphill battle [/b]
I meant if they pulled it off

Definitely a tall order for England now, 151-5 at the end of day 4. Wasn't helped by Key and Vaughan throwing away their wickets in quick succession. Up to Jones and Thorpe to save the test, unlikely though.

Well we won 1, and that will probably be it.

While our cricket is doing bad, our rugby is usually tops, so the cricket boys can keep on losing for all I care.

Originally posted by Rassie@Jan 8 2005, 11:03 PM
Do you remember Hansie ?
Sad sad story,

made a mistake, said sorry and cried, got spit at, died, then labeled a great loss for SA.
Somehow Gibbs got scotfree. Went to a psycologist, and ended up back in the team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Gibbs got scotfree[/b]
Ha! what about kaffir Ntini..... SUSPECTED OF RAPE, CHARGED WITH RAPE, CONVICTED OF RAPE!!!! He then appeals and is back training with the proteas the next week! WELCOME TO AFRICA!

Mark Butcher is out of the rest of the tour because of his wrist injury. Ian Bell will join up with the squad but is unlikely to see any test action. Robert Key will keep his place but he was unlucky to lose it in the first place as he did nothing wrong during the summer.

England have the upper hand after the first day but the loss of Strauss and Thorpe in quick sucession won't have done them any good.

Ntini took 2 wickets and Steyn and Pollock took the others. A third century from Strauss and a knock of 83 from Key had set a good foundation for England who finished the day on 263-4.