Test Series Winners?

• South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

• Draw

• Total voters
More gamesmanship from Graeme Smith taking the **** with the umpires over the light, 16 runs off the last over I think England were more than able to see the ball and it's the batsmen whose opinion should count not the fielders.

Impressive win for England today with Trescothick, 180, laying the foundations for the victory and Hoggard cleaning up with 7-67 in a 12 wicket match haul.

Definite advantage for England after Day 2, South Africa on 247-9 when bad light stopped play. Four wickets from Flintoff helped to turn the day around for England with SA on 108-1 at lunch. AB de Villiers was the standout performance from South Africa falling short of a century from an lbw from Giles on 92.

SA all out for 247.

Simon Jones 4-47
Andy Flintoff 4-44

England 79-3

Thorpe and Strauss at the crease

Tropical storm about to obliterate the ground - cant see any more play today.

Originally posted by umosay@Dec 8 2004, 12:09 AM
That's one long mother of a tour, plus zimbabwae just been they would of been on the road for a good 3 months...

i'll pick england to win the test series 2-1 with 2 draws
hey, i could be right!

Well that was certainly interesting. They've gone out for just 1 over and come back off again. The light didn't seem to be good enough so why did they even come out in the first place.

England finish day 3 on 114-4, not too bad, all results still possible, if England can bat for most of tomorow they should have the series wrapped up.

Great day for England today.

Fred Flintoff got 77 and the two SA wickets to fall. Thorpe and Jones also made 50s to give England a 112 run lead.

SA Ended the day on 59-2 with De Villiers and Kallis at the crease.

One would suspect it would take a substantial weather intervention tomorrow for England not to win the test.

Well that's the series wrapped up but the win is still a big ask for England, unless they can get Kallis and De Villiers out fairly quick.

Slightly edgy day, ending with bad light and a draw with England 70 runs short and 4 wickets down.

Andrew Strauss named man of series with his 676 runs in 5 tests.

Another good series for England. Didn't play as well as we did in the summer, but the team element really shone through, with everyone contributing significantl at different points.

I thought it was a negative day from England, they only needed 185 runs off 244 balls and never looked interested in chasing the total finishing 73-4. De Villiers finally got his century after just missing out in the first innings. Deservedly man of the match.

Dissappointing for England to lose Flintoff for the ODIs and it looks like Harmison will miss the first 2. Good chance for South Africa to get some revenge.

To be honest, as usual, I dont care about the ODIs, they're just a bit of end of tour entertainment. Hopefully Pietersen will show what he can do.

Originally posted by woodie@Jan 25 2005, 10:16 PM
To be honest, as usual, I dont care about the ODIs, they're just a bit of end of tour entertainment. Hopefully Pietersen will show what he can do.
Agreed, we did the biggest thing:

WE WON THE TEST SERIES!

Im actually looking foward to the ODI series i find them more entertaining then tests.

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 24 2005, 12:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 24 2005, 12:30 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Dec 8 2004, 12:09 AM
That's one long mother of a tour, plus zimbabwae just been they would of been on the road for a good 3 months...

i'll pick england to win the test series 2-1 with 2 draws
hey, i could be right! [/b]
Hey, i was right!

*ME Trescothick b Thomas 40 51 39 8 0
VS Solanki b Kruger 0 10 2 0 0
Kabir Ali b van der Wath 6 16 9 1 0
IR Bell not out 87 162 104 8 0
KP Pietersen c Dippenaar b Bacher 97 117 84 9 3
PD Collingwood not out 9 20 16 1 0

Is this England or the rest of the world team?

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 28 2005, 04:17 PM
*ME Trescothick b Thomas 40 51 39 8 0
VS Solanki b Kruger 0 10 2 0 0
Kabir Ali b van der Wath 6 16 9 1 0
IR Bell not out 87 162 104 8 0
KP Pietersen c Dippenaar b Bacher 97 117 84 9 3
PD Collingwood not out 9 20 16 1 0

Is this England or the rest of the world team?
Why? What happened

Latest posts