• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Rugby 2018/19 Thread

Moon and Williams to start against Ireland. Cole can stay at tigers please. Genge and Mako for the b much spot at the moment. I agree that Moon doesn't have the X factor that Genge and Mako have but Genge isn't as good a scrummager as Moon.

Moon and Williams to start against Ireland. Cole can stay at tigers please. Genge and Mako for the b much spot at the moment. I agree that Moon doesn't have the X factor that Genge and Mako have but Genge isn't as good a scrummager as Moon.
Um why two loose heads on the bench?

Should be some glaring omissions according to the Torygraph. I've only read the first paragraph, the rest behind the paywall. Robshaw might miss out tho (Y)

Marky, here's what the Torygraph is speculating for the squad. Haven't got time to look properly - a somewhat inconvenient noon deadline at work, but the immediate standout is Robson instead of Care. Sounds like Robshaw's likely omission will be on fitness grounds and that he may still figure in plans.

Props: Mako Vunipola, Ellis Genge, Ben Moon, Kyle Sinckler, Harry Williams, Nick Schonert

Hookers: Dylan Hartley, Jamie George, Luke Cowan-Dickie

Locks: Joe Launchbury, Maro Itoje, Courtney Lawes, George Kruis, Charlie Ewels, Elliot Stooke

Back row: Brad Shields, Mark Wilson, Tom Curry, Billy Vunipola, Nathan Hughes, Ted Hill, Zac Mercer

Scrum-halves: Ben Youngs, Dan Robson

Fly-halves: Owen Farrell, George Ford.

Centres: Henry Slade, Ben Te'o, Manu Tuilagi

Back three: Jonny May, Jack Nowell, Chris Ashton, Joe Cokanasiga, Elliot Daly, Mike Brown

Marky, here's what the Torygraph is speculating for the squad. Haven't got time to look properly - a somewhat inconvenient noon deadline at work, but the immediate standout is Robson instead of Care. Sounds like Robshaw's likely omission will be on fitness grounds and that he may still figure in plans.

Props: Mako Vunipola, Ellis Genge, Ben Moon, Kyle Sinckler, Harry Williams, Nick Schonert

Hookers: Dylan Hartley, Jamie George, Luke Cowan-Dickie

Locks: Joe Launchbury, Maro Itoje, Courtney Lawes, George Kruis, Charlie Ewels, Elliot Stooke

Back row: Brad Shields, Mark Wilson, Tom Curry, Billy Vunipola, Nathan Hughes, Ted Hill, Zac Mercer

Scrum-halves: Ben Youngs, Dan Robson

Fly-halves: Owen Farrell, George Ford.

Centres: Henry Slade, Ben Te'o, Manu Tuilagi

Back three: Jonny May, Jack Nowell, Chris Ashton, Joe Cokanasiga, Elliot Daly, Mike Brown

Thanks OH :)

England squad for Ireland Test
Forwards

Jack Clifford (Harlequins) Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers) Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs) Tom Curry (Sale Sharks) Ben Earl (Saracens) * Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers) Jamie George (Saracens) Nathan Hughes (Wasps) Maro Itoje (Saracens) George Kruis (Saracens) Joe Launchbury (Wasps) Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints) Ben Moon (Exeter Chiefs) Brad Shields (Wasps) Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins) Jack Singleton (Worcester Warriors) * Billy Vunipola (Saracens) Mako Vunipola (Saracens) Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs) Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons)

Backs
Chris Ashton (Sale Sharks) Mike Brown (Harlequins) Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby) Elliot Daly (Wasps) Ollie Devoto (Exeter Chiefs) Owen Farrell (Saracens) captain George Ford (Leicester Tigers) Jonny May (Leicester Tigers) Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs) Dan Robson (Wasps) * Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs) Ben Te'o (Worcester Warriors) Ollie Thorley (Gloucester Rugby) * Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers) Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)
*Uncapped

Players unavailable due to injury Piers Francis (Northampton Saints) Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints) Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby) Chris Robshaw (Harlequins) Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby) Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby)

Always liked Jack Clifford but I'd forgotten about him recently. How's he looking for Quins? Still got that pace I hope. Also, I love what I see of Earl at Saracens, can carry and good at the breakdown. Rapid too.

Devoto has always had potential, is a 12 and another one I have forgotten about. He's a big ball playing 12 who was good at the weekend. Be good to here how he's been doing this season @scotty507 ?

Robson > Care :)

Thorley too.

Quite interesting really. No massive complaints. Would rather Mercer over Hughes.

Actually pretty happy with that. Really don't see why Ben Curry continues to be snubbed just because his bro's in there though.

No Mercer is disapponting though, and it has to be said that of the Quins back rowers Dombrandt has been in far better form than Clifford.

Actually pretty happy with that. Really don't see why Ben Curry continues to be snubbed just because his bro's in there though.

No Mercer is disapponting though, and it has to be said that of the Quins back rowers Dombrandt has been in far better form than Clifford.

I'd agree with all that actually. Curry, Dombrandt and Mercer should be in. Hughes doesn't need to be. Not sure what Shields has done since arriving either apart from trying to off-load all the time.

Interesting squad, but I'll reserve judgement until the 23 is announced.
We've had enough good EPS announcements and shithouse game day squads before

Wow, maybe my predicted midday moaning will be pretty non-existent. Im pretty sound with that.

Always liked Jack Clifford but I'd forgotten about him recently. How's he looking for Quins? Still got that pace I hope. Also, I love what I see of Earl at Saracens, can carry and good at the breakdown. Rapid too.

Devoto has always had potential, is a 12 and another one I have forgotten about. He's a big ball playing 12 who was good at the weekend. Be good to here how he's been doing this season @scotty507 ?

Robson > Care :)

Thorley too.

Quite interesting really. No massive complaints. Would rather Mercer over Hughes.

he is doing well this season, hes a strong carrier and good at distributing the ball, hes what you want from a 12 IMO. And his pass to set up JSimmonds try was epic.

Who drops out for devoto then? Thats the issue or do we try 10 faz 12 devoto 13 slade 22 ford 23 Tuilagi (or ford faz manu, devoto slade).

Good to see thorley in there and hope he gets a shot from the bench at least, maybe not be ireland but gets some game time.

My choice would honestly be
10. Ford
11. Nowell
12. Farrel
13. Tuilagi
14. May
15. Brown

22. Devoto
23. Daly

Don't get why people are so against the Ford/Farrell axis considering it brought us our best results.

I would not be unhappy with that tbh, daly deffinatly can bring something from the bench as can devoto. But we will obviously see Teo and daly at 15.

Latest posts