• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Rugby 2020/21 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mum may be tall?

Although my My cousin is 6 foot 3 or 4 and my auntie and uncle are both under 5 foot 3. And he's Chinese. These things can happen. No logic when it comes to genes. :confused:
Tbh, it's all logic when it comes to genes. It's just complicated (I work in genetics).

Almost certain it will be something like this -

Lawes and Wilson potentially for the versatility

UB
Malins,
Marchant / Nowell (injury dependant)
BACK 3
Daly
Watson,
May
CENTRE
Slade,
Farrell,
Lawrence
FH
Ford,
SH
Youngs,
Robson
FR
Genge, Marler, M Vunipola
George, LCD
Sinckler, Stuart, Williams
SR
Itoje, Launchbury, Hill, Ewels/Lawes
BR
Curry, Underhill, B. Vunipola, Earl, Willis/Wilson
Nowell out for another 5/6 weeks.
Joseph for Marchant ,and wouldnt surprise me if Obano is included (could be for any you've picked)

Almost certain it will be something like this -

Lawes and Wilson potentially for the versatility

UB
Malins,
Marchant / Nowell (injury dependant)
BACK 3
Daly
Watson,
May
CENTRE
Slade,
Farrell,
Lawrence
FH
Ford,
SH
Youngs,
Robson
FR
Genge, Marler, M Vunipola
George, LCD
Sinckler, Stuart, Williams
SR
Itoje, Launchbury, Hill, Ewels/Lawes
BR
Curry, Underhill, B. Vunipola, Earl, Willis/Wilson

Looks pretty likely. I reckon JJ though for Marchant. Rugby Pass article from yesterday has Nowell out for another 7 weeks. I also don't think he'll take Willis. With him being dropped after his debut I have a nasty feeling he's going to end up as another Simmonds, where for some reason he doesn't meet EJ's weird criteria.

I'd be amazed if Jones takes 6 props in a 28 man squad when he only took 5 in a 31 man squad to the RWC. I'd expect something along the lines of a full 23 + 1 prop, 1 hooker, 1 lock/back row, 2 backs

I'd be amazed if Jones takes 6 props in a 28 man squad when he only took 5 in a 31 man squad to the RWC. I'd expect something along the lines of a full 23 + 1 prop, 1 hooker, 1 lock/back row, 2 backs
Sinks is banned for the first game though - Marler is his auxillary prop (despite not being really) so either Sinks comes in a week late (which i don't think is allowed) or he has to take 6...

Sinks is banned for the first game though - Marler is his auxillary prop (despite not being really) so either Sinks comes in a week late (which i don't think is allowed) or he has to take 6...
That's a good point. Williams is as well for Wales. Not as bad for Wales as they should be able to get away with selecting Williams and having him unavailable, but it doesn't help matters. Sinckler is a more difficult issue as if you select him and he can't play you still need enough props. However as it's the first game I imagine they could get away with Genge & Vunipola and Stuart & Marler. Then Sinckler can come in after and free up Marler. It's a risk, especially as first game is against Scotland and it would mean Marler potentially against Sutherland who has been in ridiculous form.

Selecting 6 though feels like overkill just to cover 1 game. The other option is Stuart and Williams with Sinckler missing out. I can see EJ taking a gamble with 5 props for 1 game.

That's a good point. Williams is as well for Wales. Not as bad for Wales as they should be able to get away with selecting Williams and having him unavailable, but it doesn't help matters. Sinckler is a more difficult issue as if you select him and he can't play you still need enough props. However as it's the first game I imagine they could get away with Genge & Vunipola and Stuart & Marler. Then Sinckler can come in after and free up Marler. It's a risk, especially as first game is against Scotland and it would mean Marler potentially against Sutherland who has been in ridiculous form.

Selecting 6 though feels like overkill just to cover 1 game. The other option is Stuart and Williams with Sinckler missing out. I can see EJ taking a gamble with 5 props for 1 game.
Potentially select 5 and then Williams gets "injured in training" and sinks comes in?

Potentially select 5 and then Williams gets "injured in training" and sinks comes in?
I imagine any 'injured in training' would be monitored. Also just realised that I misread. This only affects England doesn't it. Let's stick to arrogant English stereotypes, we're just giving ourselves a handicap to give everyone else a chance.

Sarries players in fine form*.

*Not sure how many 1st 15 players played but billy played the full 80.

Looking at that Ealing side its mental that Guy Thompson isn't playing Premiership rugby. He could start for several teams and I imagine would come a fair bit cheaper than their incumbents. Would love to see him get picked up again - even though he is aging a bit.

Looking at that Ealing side its mental that Guy Thompson isn't playing Premiership rugby. He could start for several teams and I imagine would come a fair bit cheaper than their incumbents. Would love to see him get picked up again - even though he is aging a bit.

34 and has a pretty poor injury record in an extremely competitive position is a hard sell unfortutely.

34 and has a pretty poor injury record in an extremely competitive position is a hard sell unfortutely.
Jeez, didn't realise he was aging quite that much. Even so, when you consider that Matt Kvesic (who I'd consider to be a relatively similar playing ability/style) is supposedly on ~400k at Worcester you'd imagine that someone would be willing to pick up Thompson for more than he's on at Ealing.

Jeez, didn't realise he was aging quite that much. Even so, when you consider that Matt Kvesic (who I'd consider to be a relatively similar playing ability/style) is supposedly on ~400k at Worcester you'd imagine that someone would be willing to pick up Thompson for more than he's on at Ealing.
No idea, but maybe it's an insight into the money that Mike Gooley is spending. It's not like he's an unknown quantity in the GP and his agent would have touted him around.

Any team with ambitions of winning promotion and staying up need a Premiership survival quality team in The Championship (Welsh showed what happens when you try to build one in the off season), so you're going to have to pay the going rate for the players you need, plus whatever it costs to lure them away from level one rugby for at least one season.

What do people think? Think i preferred the previous retro jersey by Nike in 2010

1611053510367.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts