20 - Isaac Boss (Ulster)
21 - Ian Humphreys (Ulster)
22 - Darren Cave (Ulster)

WTF is with Paddy Wallace at 10?

9. Boss
10. Humphreys
12. Wallace
13. Cave

You could pick a much stronger XV out of that Irish 22, but I'm happy enough with it. Should be a good game, strong English Backline.

Hope Miles Benjamin get's some gametime, he's a good winger, very fast and a good rugby brain on him

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 29 2010, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wait Wolfhounds?!

Whose got the silly name now, huh?![/b]
The War Wolf of Desmond is howling - be afraid!

"Make the proud Saxons feel Eireann's avenging steel ..."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TzuRuW_mqwo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TzuRuW_mqwo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Not sure what the boys from Norn Iron make of it.

And it sounds better than it looks! Rotten bodhran.

Ah I'd love it if the old Wolfies gave the Saxons a good Walloping. I think the Saxons will win this 1 though. Damn shame

Wolfhounds :/ Sounds like a US collegiate team. How about Ireland Shamrocks. Sounds better.

On a related note, ..what do you call a 5ft tall black Irishman? A Leprecoon. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jan 30 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wolfhounds :/ Sounds like a US collegiate team. How about Ireland Shamrocks. Sounds better.

On a related note, ..what do you call a 5ft tall black Irishman?[/b]

Clinton Morrison

Clinton%20Morrison.jpg

Your answer felt a bit racist so i changed it to something we can all enjoy

I noticed in the Ireland 6N squad thread people are saying that Paddy Wallace is likely to be in the 23 for the main Ireland squad,
Can you be in the 'A' team and the main team at the same time?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jan 30 2010, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I noticed in the Ireland 6N squad thread people are saying that Paddy Wallace is likely to be in the 23 for the main Ireland squad,
Can you be in the 'A' team and the main team at the same time?[/b]

They picked a fortyish man squad and then they picked the A team from that + a few others.

Paddy will be thrown straight back into the senior team. Really don't know why they went for that half back partnership really.

Ah right, i thought it was like with the Saxons where they were two completely seperate teams

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jan 30 2010, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ah right, i thought it was like with the Saxons where they were two completely seperate teams[/b]

There're not. The RFU may say they are with all their EPS gibberish, but there are so many loopholes that they can call up and drop any players they choose to whenever they want.

I was just thinking... itd be very funny if ireland A were short on backrow and put Tony Buckley in at 8.. Hes a big ball carrier... a slight burst of a trot (at most)... a huge hand-off... and is very scary... a perfect attacking no.8... :lol:

Yeah the EPS and Saxons combine to become a kind of player ranking system...only its a player ranking system where points are awarded by a judging panel of two Leicester fans, one London Irish fan and a fan who can't make his mind up what code he supports let alone what team (I'M LOOKING AT YOU MIKE FORD)

As for the team announcement, having Alex Goode and Andy Saull in there is mega. Saull one of England's most promising back rowers and personal protege of HRH Richard Hill AKA God, the king of kings, etc and Goode being almost on permenantly good form since the start of the season.

Noah Cato hopefully can make a mark too, going to be absolutely awesome to see.

Should be a great game!

Not sure what to think to be honest, the Ireland team seems to be the 15 players most in need of gametime in certain positions. Paddy Wallace hasn't played 10 in years, but he is our 3rd choice 10 so needs to play a bit there. McFadden is an excellent player getting 0 gametime so needs to play, Horan and Best have played f*** all rugby, MOD and Toner have played f*** all rugby, Dowling has played very little rugby etc etc.

I do like out bench though (not that yours is bad), packed with HEC regulars playing well, if Mike Ross was English he would be first choice tighthead with 15 caps the way the English meeja went on about him.

Not expecting too much given the thrown together look of that team, players who haven't played much and players picked out of position, but we should give you a good game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 31 2010, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Noah Cato hopefully can make a mark too, going to be absolutely awesome to see.[/b]

I saw him play fullback a couple of weeks ago for the SAffies reserves. If I'm being honest, he looked utter crap. Completely lost his confidence and was bamboozled by academy kids.

Cato and Goode looked like stars for England U20 a few years ago, interesting to see if they can bring it to a higher level, (I know Goode is playing well regularily for Saffacens)

It's occurred to me that Ian Dowling has the most interbread looking features I've ever seen on a rugby player.

dowling(7).jpg

IanDowling_1240744.jpg

mymunster-iandowlingannajo.gif

IanDowling_Munstertraining_.jpg

Everyone has a right to be ugly, but good lord...

Latest posts