• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Saxons v Ireland Wolfhounds

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
well he is from Kilkenny and his name is Dowling, not too surprising that he looks inbred.

Back to the rugby...

Geraghty finishes off a good England move to make it 14-6, although sir may have missed a knock on at the start.

EDIT: Replay goes up - yep, he missed the knock on.

If England play with the same tactics as Saxons today, in the 6N, could be encouraging
Youngs is having a good match,
Think Barrits doing well as well (despite being from SA/playing for emerging Bocks before, so shouldn't really be allowed to play for England...)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 31 2010, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's occurred to me that Ian Dowling has the most interbread looking features I've ever seen on a rugby player.[/b]
Taken from LF.com

TheRingercopy.jpg

The team with two tries lead the team with none - as it should be. England's second score was outstanding.

From an Ireland point of view, I've been happy with Fionn Carr, Sean O'Brien and Rory Best. Ian Dowling has been awful while Peter Stringer has shown he's yesterday's man. Hopefully Isaac Boss and Ian Humphreys will be the halfbacks in the second half.

Stringer is complete poo. Boss please. I want Ireland A to shut Stuart Barnes up in the 2nd half.

we all know what Carr can do in attack, learn how to say his name Sky :rolleyes: , but he was found wanting defensively for the second try along with Duffy.

Best has been the biggest bonus though, amazing to think given the injury he could possibly start next Saturday

I don't think much to the numbering on the England shirts, i keep thinking Youngs is in the 8 shirt

Also, is it normal for the ref to just be wearing the jersey of the country he's from?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jan 31 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also, is it normal for the ref to just be wearing the jersey of the country he's from?[/b]
It was in the amateur era but not so much any more.

How is it pronounced? Fye-on?
I've always pronounced it 'fee-on' in my head, i think in Welsh ffionn=fee-on so that's probably where it's come from

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jan 31 2010, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How is it pronounced? Fye-on?
I've always pronounced it 'fee-on' in my head, i think in Welsh ffionn=fee-on so that's probably where it's come from[/b]

it's like 'fyun'. I can understand how it looks like it's pronounced 'fee-on' outside ireland but sounds hilarious when you're used to the irish pronunciatiopn

Latest posts