• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England U20 Squad - The rise of the Steroid Guzzling Gym Monkey Oppressors mk5

England U20s went down 12 - 8 to France.

Lost it in the tight five, maybe unsurprising given the age difference, but still disappointing. Although only the front row was a first choice unit, which couldn't help either...

Of course it'll depend a lot on who starts at 9 and if Jackson has his kicking boots.

Yes and no. I mean, obviously important, but the crucial thing is whether you let us outmuscle you - both up front and in the collision area. This is an unusually small England pack and an unusually big Irish one, so I think you can survive there, but there's some very strong English backs and some of Ireland's first up tackling was not so good against Scotland. That will be punished. If England get to cut free, this is a ridiculously quick back-line and it will punish you.

But yes, McGrath to start and really, Hanrahan to kick, although you can't blame Jackson for keeping the duty.

Yes and no. I mean, obviously important, but the crucial thing is whether you let us outmuscle you - both up front and in the collision area. This is an unusually small England pack and an unusually big Irish one, so I think you can survive there, but there's some very strong English backs and some of Ireland's first up tackling was not so good against Scotland. That will be punished. If England get to cut free, this is a ridiculously quick back-line and it will punish you.

But yes, McGrath to start and really, Hanrahan to kick, although you can't blame Jackson for keeping the duty.

True I guess I haven't actually got to watch the Scotland game yet. I can't imagine Farrall getting injured at this level.

England Under 20 side to play Ireland
15 Anthony Watson (London Irish)
14 Marland Yarde (London Irish)
13 Will Addison (Sale Sharks)
12 Ryan Mills (Gloucester Rugby)
11 Charlie Walker (Harlequins)
10 Tom Heathcote (Bath Rugby)
9 Dan Robson (Gloucester Rugby)

1 Alec Hepburn (London Wasps)
2 Koree Britton (Gloucester Rugby)
3 Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins)
4 Tom Price (Leicester Tigers)
5 Dom Barrow (Leeds Carnegie)
6 Matt Kvesic (Worcester Warriors)
7 Chris Walker (Leeds Carnegie) (C)
8 Jack Clifford (Harlequins)

Replacements
16 Nathan Morris (London Wasps)
17 Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs)
18 Ross Harrison (Sale Sharks)
19 George Merrick (Harlequins)
20 David Sisi (London Irish)
21 Ben Spencer (Saracens)
22 Sam Hill (Exeter Chiefs)
23 Ben Ransom (Saracens)

15 - Shane Layden (Buccaneers/Connacht)
14 - Conor Finn (Buccaneers/Connacht)
13 - Chris Farrell (Dungannon/Ulster)
12 - JJ Hanrahan (UL Bohemians/Munster)
11 - Foster Horan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
10 - Paddy Jackson (Dungannon/Ulster) (capt)
9 - Luke McGrath (UCD/Leinster)
1 - Des Merrey (Clontarf/Leinster)
2 - Niall Scannell (Dolphin/Munster)
3 - Kyle McCall (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
4 - Iain Henderson (Queen's University/Ulster)
5 - Daniel Qualter (Buccaneers/Connacht)
6 - Conor Gilsenan (UCD/Leinster)
7 - Aaron Conneely (Corinthians/Connacht)
8 - Jack Conan (Old Belvedere/Leinster)

Replacements:

16 - James Rael (Garryowen/Munster)
17 - Peter Reilly (Lansdowne/Leinster)
18 - Jake Cawley (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
19 - Tadhg Beirne (Lansdowne/Leinster)
20 - Jordan Coghlan (UCD/Leinster)
21 - Kieron Marmion (Corinthians/Connacht)
22 - Cathal Marsh (Dublin University/Leinster)
23 - Stuart Olding (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)

Yo, Olyy, how often does Addison play 13? Am I right in assuming its basically never?

I've seen him play there....for about 15mins.
He's a very good 12 though, and grew up playing 12 (with a bit of wing/fb), inky really plays as much wing as he does now because he was fast tracked from the academy when we lost all our wingers at the end of last season.
Should go well enouh though.
Is this televised/on the rfu site?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

I've seen him play there....for about 15mins.
He's a very good 12 though, and grew up playing 12 (with a bit of wing/fb), inky really plays as much wing as he does now because he was fast tracked from the academy when we lost all our wingers at the end of last season.
Should go well enouh though.
Is this televised/on the rfu site?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Sky Sports 2 amigo.

12 and 13 are different kettles of fish defensively; I'm not wildly enthusiastic about this idea where we ask a complete novice at the position to mark a guy who's two stone heavier than him. I guess thats probably better than Walker, who's conceding about three and a half stone, but he does know the position. Fortunately Farrell's all lank and limb and doesn't burst through too many people yet - although he'll probably beat an arm tackle.

Some very odd calls from both sides tbh. Should be a cracker though... it had best be, as I intend to be there!

Good stuff, really looking forward to it.
Addison has had a couple of appearances at 13 off of the bench this season, and hasn't looked out of place there, but then he had vastly experienced people along side him in Sam Tuitupou and Mark Cueto, so they could have covered any mistakes in positioning he may have had.

Ah the old lulling them into complacency trick by Ireland, clever, very clever.

Yes, giving away the penalty masterfully there, so they can feign them into thinking a lineout just ourside the Irish 22 is good possession. Fools.

London Irish, I think.

Edit:
Yup. Should get more time for them next season if Armitage is off to Toulon (as the rumours suggest).

Some way to injure youself, banging yer head of af a guy's arm while trying to duck under him.

Beautiful tactics from the Irish pack at scrum time. If the English team is marching forward on our scrum, they have to stop and turn around when the 8/Sh goes...

Ireland U20: Apply here, Experience at tackling not necessary.

Last edited:
Ireland shove early, free kick England,
England shove early, Penalty England... Nice one ref.

Edit: Ireland Colapse Scrum....play on...

Last edited:
Hi, anyone know where I can watch this match online? If not could someone kindly tell me the score?
cheers

Latest posts