• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England V Wales - 29th May

Brown's been fine in my book. 9-10 are the problem here.

Am I the only one who thinks Launchbury is making a really strong claim to be back in the 15?

So ford has defo lost the 10 shirt unless Faz plays at 12. Watson good as always, Brown alright, Yarde trying too hard, youngs shocking, JJ alright.

Our forwards seem to be struggling. Harrison and Clifford doing ok but no one getting close turning anything over and a lot weaker then the Welsh pack. How we are missing Kruis, Itoje and The Vunipolas.

That being said this Welsh side is pretty much their first choice 15. If we had ours I think they'd be in real trouble about now. NZ are going to have a field day.

I hope Daly gets out early and care better come out instead of youngs.

If it wasn't for the backrowers England would over and done with.
Clifford and Harrison take a bow.

Is it just that we've played with **** 9s for so long that the pundits don't even notice it anymore?

Youngs performance not even mentioned in passing.

Clifford's been good this first half; good pace and ball carrying.. Youngs again taking that extra step and getting caught too often.
Ford - is having a shocker in front of goal. Ok conversion out wide is missable but the other missed kicks were shocking. He's pretty much nailed Farrell's place at 10 v the Wallabies.

So so first half.

JJ is being consistent in that he has been like this all season, either consistent or lost.

When the pack get running we are making good yards.

Terrible 9-10 play. Awful goal kicking.

Some frustrating errors, but then it is the first game of the summer.

I'd get Care and Devotto on now and prep Daly for fullback on the hour mark. Ford might be better off not having to kick and with a club mate at 12.

Kvesic for Hask at some point soonish as well please Eddie.

Brown's been fine in my book. 9-10 are the problem here.

Am I the only one who thinks Launchbury is making a really strong claim to be back in the 15?

No, but it's almost beside the point when you've got Itoje and Kruis doing their thing. Breaking up that partnership doesn't seem smart.

That being said this Welsh side is pretty much their first choice 15.

No Warburton, Tipuric, Charteris, either Davies... wait, they've got three Davies missing, and no Halfpenny. Some of them are injured, but their choice 15 this isn't.

No, but it's almost beside the point when you've got Itoje and Kruis doing their thing. Breaking up that partnership doesn't seem smart.

For now. One injury, one lapse in form, one move to blindside... to be honest, keep playing like that and he might break them up anyway.

I think we have to accept that, bar Tuilagi, whoever plays at 12 is going to be a disappointment. For about a decade.

Wonder if Mallinder was 21 would he have been playing this game?

Pretty excited about his potential @12.

(Despite him playing for that club)

Latest posts