• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England V Wales - 29th May

Coaches mouthing to each other: "so that's Farrell for 10 v Australia. And Ford is not taking any kicks."

Good point about Hatley too... If he can have a noticeable impact on our scrummaging that will be a major positive.

For me England have a much better chance than Wales of snatching a test.

True but keep in perspective that the Aussies got to the world cup final, and their attacking game is going to test you more than any 6 nations side has.

Coaches mouthing to each other: "so that's Farrell for 10 v Australia. And Ford is not taking any kicks."
I'd place a bet on the 6 nations line up of Ford 10, Farrell 12 with Farrell kicking. I think Jones has been forced into using Burrell at 12 today and wouldn't choose to do it.

So sad that we didn't use this opportunity to look at Robson.

Priestland has got to be one of the most useless multi cap international backs?

I like how our forwards were doing the one off passing thing at the beginning. Seems to have faded as the game has gone on.

True but keep in perspective that the Aussies got to the world cup final, and their attacking game is going to test you more than any 6 nations side has.

Oh for sure, Australia are favourites. But let's not get away with how comprehensively outplayed Wales have been today. It's a smokescreen to put England and Wales on par with your comment, when on this showing Wales have next to no chance of winning a test in NZ. Wales are light years behind NZ.

Well, it could have been 41 - 13 if Ford had kicked everything. 39 - 13 if he kicked the easy ones.

Solid win in a messy game. Not sure if it counts for anything at all.

Oh for sure, Australia are favourites. But let's not get away with how comprehensively outplayed Wales have been today. It's a smokescreen to put England and Wales on par with your comment, when on this showing Wales have next to no chance of winning a test in NZ. Wales are light years behind NZ.

I certainly hope this starts to ring the alarms for Gatland and co... We haven't even played that badly, just like in the world cup and 6 nations. But the game plan doesn't have enough variation in it if we don't get front foot ball. As you say we get outplayed and outthought.

Bloody Ieuan Evans sticking his head in the sand. Nice guy but hopelessly clueless.

Latest posts