• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Argentina - 06/11/22

The lack of pace in the backs is clear as day...Mateo Carreras if hes picked could have a field day.

Having said all that...i still expect a win.

Overall nothing to get excited about. Nobody new who might set the team alight. 6:2 split with a fragile backline as pointed out above. We've not played good, exciting rugby in a while and don't look like a team who will win the world cup and that ain't going to change this weekend.

We've not played good, exciting rugby in a while and don't look like a team who will win the world cup and that ain't going to change this weekend.
Yeah very much a whelming team. We might win this weekend, were not going to win three knock out rugby games in a row. The time to change was 1-2 years ago now its too late.

Jesus wept that's a pretty average looking team. Coles should 100% be in the back row with Itoje at lock. Why oh why mess with their club positions.

Also as others have said, stupid bench split with a very fragile backline and a few players coming back from injury.

Also Youngs again, just horrid. Thinking I might not even be bothered to watch this kicking fest now.

Its on Amazon Prime on Sunday afternoon.

Perfect to lie on the couch and recover my hangover...and if its dull as dishwater then i can have my afternoon nap!

It's mad that Jack Willis turns 26 next month and only has 4 caps to his name.

Hopefully he's had all his bad luck and won't turn into another Tom Rees. Although even he managed 15 before retiring at 27.

26...wow...thats mad.

Yes hopefully he can really push on and make the 6 spot his...

It's mad that Jack Willis turns 26 next month and only has 4 caps to his name.

Hopefully he's had all his bad luck and won't turn into another Tom Rees. Although even he managed 15 before retiring at 27.
As much time seeing the doctor as on the pitch? Jones will snap him right up.

With Manu and big joe in the backline, with Nowell who has a bad injury record and faz just back from concusion... why the hell go 6 2 split?

Coles good player has potential but why start him?and why itoje at 6 unless Coles is bigger meaning the numbers are just for more power in the scrum? I dont get ribbons inclusion..good player not sure hes international.
Id have had Murley at 23 instead of ribbons for When someone breaks.

Hope Faz comes off for Slade as Manu slade centres is one i wanted to see.

Strong team but worried and abit annoyed by selections.

I was there in 2006 when Argentina beat us at Twickenham….. I'm getting similar vibes with that team selection. If the Pumas keep their discipline and don't give up silly penalties I don't know where our tries are going to come from. This feels like one of those "upset" matches to me.

Setting off in a bit. The copious amounts of Guinness will get me through the day

I will do a Hansen without Kolbe touching me

Drunk Head First GIF by Barstool Sports

Im just worried about the 6/2 Split, no wing/FB cover and i Genuinly can see Simmonds having to come on for Manu.

If Big Joe is being caught out defensively can we actually sub him? Bring Slade on but how do we shift things?

Im just worried about the 6/2 Split, no wing/FB cover and i Genuinly can see Simmonds having to come on for Manu.

If Big Joe is being caught out defensively can we actually sub him? Bring Slade on but how do we shift things?

It's a potential huge series of worries, isn't it?

Where are the tries coming from? Where's the pace? Why are we featuring virtually a whole backline of the halt and the lame? Why are players with no great form being selected ahead of those who are playing extremely well? Why a 6:2 split? Why are people playing out of position? Why, when most of this has happened before, are we still asking the same old questions? What's the actual game plan?

Plenty of people will no doubt be along to say "I'm sure Eddie knows more about it than you", but even they must be beginning to doubt that now, surely?

The point is, it will only take an early injury to mess up his whole backs selection and prove him wrong. Even if he gets away with it, it doesn't make his decisions right. If he keeps doing the same thing, one day it will bite his stubborn Australian backside, probably in a World Cup game.

Tl;dr: I'm so bored of Eddie Jones. (c) MarkyH

I came here expecting Manus hamstring to have gone. If it's still ok I'm sure it won't last until half time.

Latest posts