• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Barbarians

Turn your pms on, gavin, i'll message you one

Not a good start for Hodgson, kick not 10. Good scrum by England though

Golding gets his first taste of international rugby - Xavier Rush elbowing him in the chest - Bad missed penalty by Hodgson.
Hope he can pick up =/ He's better than this

Better from him there. Good kick, then set up Cueto for a massive run.
Deliberate knockon stops Armitage from getting a try - England penalty
England 3 - 0 Barbarians

Hodgson picking up more now, nice little line break and offload, gets England 30m and a penalty to come now
6 - 0
Could easily be 14 - 0 though

Haskell try!
Was a beauty, massive run, and stepped the FB making Sackey smash into him :lol:

Tindall down after smashing through a BaaBaa tackler (not sure who but he's down as well)

13 - 0

Last edited:
Hopefully Johnsons paying attention to the scrum:
Tim Payne isn't in it, and it's not being annihilated. Coincedence? Me thinks not.

I've been impressed with Golding so far, never really seen him before.

What a run by Cueto there!

Shontayne Hape with a try!
20 - 0

Hapes tackling isn't great, but i've been impressed at his running/support work.
Also, since when did Hape = Happy?

Last edited:
Barbarians have shown nothing but a shocking defence so far! Kelleher, Fritz, Ellisalde and Warwick have been appalling. Very impressed with England's offloading game so far, but they haven't been pressurized atall and the Babas have allowed them to waltz through. Haskell shouldn't have been allowed to get over the half-way line, then the attempted tackle by Warwick was just rubbish.

Laulala is the only Baba's player playing well so far.

Edit: August has bee pretty rubbish too. Knocked on numerous balls and rubbish lineout. Hope to see Ken Owens given a shot at half time.

Try, Baba's. Great chip over the top from Ellisalde, Sackey finishes.

Last edited:
Try for Sackey

Hodgson catches a boot in the face diving for him - going off for Barkley, only a blood replacement though

Foden try!
Two tries in two starts, not a bad record for him :p
Good break by easter, to thompson to foden.
What a response
25 - 7

More nice offloading there for a try for Foden. Easter, then a great pass from Thompson to put Foden in.

I do wonder how much this BaaBaas defence is flattering England... They're certainly looking good with the offloading etc, but really it is far too easy for them. I would prefer Barkley & Tindall in midfield with Champagne Charlie at outhalf for the 2nd half, see if the midfield can create more space for the back 3 and open up the floodgates.

Also, Cueto, Thompson and Golding are all looking extremely good.

I hope that they do use Barkley as a replacement 12 rather than 10, and that it was the blood sub forcing their hand just then. Poo, just said that it's a permanent change. Shame, he had a decent first half after his first two kicks.

Hopefully Payne doesn't see time this half, though he inevitably will. Double poo, Payne just came on.

Wonder if this running rugby will continue down under, or if Johnson will **** himself at the prospect of losing a capped test, and order them to hoof it and pick and drive.

Tindall try!
**** poor tackling from the BaaBaas and he just waltzs into space

Last edited:
Cueto is having a great game, looking really dangerous. England's set backline moves aren't really causing much damage, they're a little latteral and not really testing the Baba's defense. It's in broken play that England have been capitalising, mainly through Cueto.

Edit: more appalling tackling alloweing Tindall through. The tackling around the fringes by the Baba's is non-existant.

Last edited:
Ward-Smith on for Attwood,
Atwood had a great first run out in an England shirt, was everywhere in support/in the loose

David Smith try for BaaBaas, off of a scrum

32 - 14

Last edited:
Mears and Payne first scrum together... And the Baabaas score a try.

Quelle surprise!

Another scrum ends in a BaaBaas penalty...
Which then ends in another try.
32 - 19

England lost their flair now, so what do they do...Joe Worseley to the rescue! =/

Last edited:
The longer it goes on, the worse this game gets.

The Baabaas haven't got any better over that time, England have simply gone to sleep. The Front row is now a mess, the pack is disinterested, it's unfair to blame Barkley but the halfbacks aren't as sharp and the backs aren't seeing any front-foot ball.

Same old England then...

Jonston and the two Smith's have been awesome since coming on for the Barbarians. David Smith is a bit of a powerhouse on the wing. Johnstone, Gearge Smith and Thion has added grunt in the pack.

Wahaay, ken Owens comes on. This game should suit him down to the ground.

Sackey in for his second

32 - 26

England reverting to the old pick and drive...

Baba's bench has changed the game completely. Minioni (sp?) has sped things up at scrum half and I think Owens has added yet another ball carrier to their pack. 32-26 now with England struggling to get any ball.

Latest posts