• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Squad

Not exactly ideal but of all the backroom staff it feels like that is one of the least "significant" ones in terms of team prep

Obviously a team doctor is important but I'd be more concerned if it was a coach or even a lead physio leaving.

Sounds like he never travelled to Japan and was replaced prior to the tournament.

Feels like a nothing story.

I think the angle is that EJ is abrasive and difficult to work with aka the sky is blue.

Any news on slade? JJ had a great game but Slade was great in 6N. Amd be good to get him game time before poolstages sre over.

I think the angle is that EJ is abrasive and difficult to work with aka the sky is blue.
I will not post my opinions of EJ. I will get myself banned if i do. Currently the worst person involved in our Sport.

I will not post my opinions of EJ. I will get myself banned if i do. Currently the worst person involved in our Sport.
See im the opposite i like EJ. I know he makes wierd selections but often they do come good. He makes an idiot out of himself on a regular basis by saying something in the media.. and takes all the media attention on himself not the players. And while he is by no means perfect or and i dont know what he is like to work with i think he has done good by England since 2015.

We may not be favourites but we are contenders for this WC.

See im the opposite i like EJ. I know he makes wierd selections but often they do come good. He makes an idiot out of himself on a regular basis by saying something in the media.. and takes all the media attention on himself not the players. And while he is by no means perfect or and i dont know what he is like to work with i think he has done good by England since 2015.

We may not be favourites but we are contenders for this WC.
Haskell and robshaw did a podcaster
They rate him that's good enough for me

So likely playing Aus in the QF...how do we feel about that?

Interested to see the battle at back row.

6 Curry - Pocock
7 Underhill - Hooper
8 Billy - Naisarani.

All the 7s.

So likely playing Aus in the QF...how do we feel about that?

Interested to see the battle at back row.

6 Curry - Pocock
7 Underhill - Hooper
8 Billy - Naisarani.

All the 7s.

Given our record against them we should certainly feel we have a good chance of winning but still must cut out silly mistakes and resource our rucks properly

Two pretty mentally fragile sides, but I'd back us.
Daly at 15 wouldn't even be as much as an issue as their kicking is so poor they wouldn't be able to exploit his weaknesses.
Their main two attacking threats are at 11 and 12, and that's just hard direct running. Farrell and Manu would love guys to just run directly at them, and I think Watson/May are good enough to contain a direct running winger (neither the most physical but use the touchline well and neither likely to be gassed on the outside).

How do we know we're playing Aus?

Think we should back ourselves to top this pool but it ain't happened yet y'know
I definitely want us to top the pool, would much rather play Aus than Wales.

Need a big bonus point performance against Argentina, it would be nice if France slip up against USA or Tonga and top spot is guaranteed before we play them but unlikely...

Latest posts