• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Squad

I agree, may is our most all rounded winger and is definitely one of the players who has grown under Jones. Part is the fact he is bigger now, he also send more direct with less sideways running and I think being partnered with Daly rather than brown has also helped. I don't know if it's just me but may and brown never seemed to be on the same sheet and I got the impression they didn't like each other. May didn't tend to approach brown to celebrate if brown scored.

Who knows? Maybe part of the reason Jones sticks with Daly at fullback is because he gets on well with may and the 2 tend to work well together?

Latest episode of Rising Sons posted today

My 1st post on here! I've been a rugby fan for 15 years, played in college, saw England play South Africa at Twickenham while studying for a semester in London, and have watched nearly every England game for the last 10 years (since my USA team still isn't that good, England is my adopted team)

Latest episode of Rising Sons posted today

My 1st post on here! I've been a rugby fan for 15 years, played in college, saw England play South Africa at Twickenham while studying for a semester in London, and have watched nearly every England game for the last 10 years (since my USA team still isn't that good, England is my adopted team)

The important thing is you didn't choose Wales. Welcome to the forum!

The England-USA game you'll be supporting USA surely...?

The important thing is you didn't choose Wales. Welcome to the forum!

The England-USA game you'll be supporting USA surely...?

Oh for sure, I'll still be going for USA that game, or to at least have a respectable showing against England. Mind you, back in 2007 they only lost 28-10 against England, so they at least need to match that game in performance

I think, to reduce potential for injury for his top players, he'll run out a largely 2nd string side, which should still have no issue taking down whatever side Italy put forth

I think, to reduce potential for injury for his top players, he'll run out a largely 2nd string side, which should still have no issue taking down whatever side Italy put forth

It'd be nice but I have a vague and unpleasant hunch the squad will be virtually all first XV/23 - including another 80mins for Billy - for the confidence boost, or whatever he wants to cite. Might see McConnachie if he's fit and a bit of shuffling between bench and starters but that may be about it.

If Wilson doesn't start at 8 then that's crazy

He needs the game time regardless and Binny is made of paper machier. I know EJ says Binny needs to play as often as possible cause he's fat or whatever, but you've gotta rest him some time

Ludlam/Underhill/Wilson would be my backrow for this, with an eye on game time/experience levels

If Wilson doesn't start at 8 then that's crazy

He needs the game time regardless and Binny is made of paper machier. I know EJ says Binny needs to play as often as possible cause he's fat or whatever, but you've gotta rest him some time

Ludlam/Underhill/Wilson would be my backrow for this, with an eye on game time/experience levels

I'd put a sneaky fiver on Lawes, Curry, Billy with Wilson benched.
I'd very happily lose that £5.

Pretty safe bet considering EJs past selections

When does Launch get a game? He's been criminally underused by EJ - to the extent I just had to Google to make sure he's in the RWC squad

Got to be: (for Italy)
Genge LCD Cole, mako bench if fit (marler bench if mako isnt fit)
Lawes launch
Ludlam Underhill Wilson

Heinz ford
Francais JJ
Big joe. McConnechie(if fit) Watson

Singleton, Mako, sinks, kruis, curry(10min mzx if not needed), youngs faz daly.

What would be my choice. Take off underhill for launch and lawes to back row. And save curry until needed.

Yeah doubt Mako will be on the bench for Italy game.

Last edited:
Not that hes in the picture but Danny Care needs surgery so nit available as a back up but ironicly he has had the last of his England caps(probably) vs Japan to never make it to the Japan world cup

Not that hes in the picture but Danny Care needs surgery so nit available as a back up but ironicly he has had the last of his England caps(probably) vs Japan to never make it to the Japan world cup

It's a shame really, he's had some great games for England, but he always seemed better coming off the bench than he did starting. Much maligned though Youngs is, it was when he got injured in the 2018 Six Nations and Care became the starter that England collapsed. And Eddie openly blamed Care for the poor performance against Japan in the Autumn and never picked him again. I love Care as a player because he's so off-the-cuff, but I can see why Eddie wants more structured play from 9.

Still, cheers Danny! It's been great fun watching you in an England shirt. :D

It's a shame really, he's had some great games for England, but he always seemed better coming off the bench than he did starting. Much maligned though Youngs is, it was when he got injured in the 2018 Six Nations and Care became the starter that England collapsed. And Eddie openly blamed Care for the poor performance against Japan in the Autumn and never picked him again. I love Care as a player because he's so off-the-cuff, but I can see why Eddie wants more structured play from 9.

Still, cheers Danny! It's been great fun watching you in an England shirt. :D

Will remember his try against Ireland in 2014 for a long while! Robshaw offloads to Brown passes to Care who scampers under the posts- and it was a scamper. Happy memz.

Remember when he just randomly started smashing out drop goals out of nowhere?

Latest posts