• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England XV v Barbarians

I think that looks like a better babaas side than the one that took on Ireland actually- Manoa, Waldrom, Ward, Thorn, Smith... that pack ain't no joke :eek:
Should be a great challenge for the young lads in the Saxons pack- kinda regretting not getting a ticket now.

This will be my first time ever at Twickenham and I can't wait. Aplon/Smith/Monye/Roko is a dangerous attacking 4 and Daly will be under some defensive scrutiny. Attacking wise this should be one hell of a game.

What's that Pisi at 10 like?
He's 1 of the clang yes?

Smith and Joe R were superb vs Ireland and will test the English boys.

Feel England might get it taken to them today. A team without much time together, very little international experience with no single club backbone.

Feels like BaaBaas vs England BaaBaas. Mishmash of players. Will be good though.

Anyone else get the feeling that this will either be a classic, open play affair or a whitewash win for England?
Anyone know how many tickets have been sold? That could be crucial in deciding which way this match goes. I'm hoping for a bit more than the Ireland game, which wasn't bad by any means.

I think whoever came up with the backing music has been playing a bit if Battlefield.

Shane Gerhaty - is this the Churchill cup?

Last edited:
I see Cornwall beat Lancashire in the final pre-game - bloody pasty munchers :p

Must be a bit awks being awarded the Bill Beaumont Cup, by Big Bill, after beating his county side that he played for for a decade :lol:

Shane Gerhaty - is this the Churchill cup?
I don't understand his inclusion either.
He's been on good form, but we've already got Slade knocking around the RWC squad as a guy who can play 10 and centre, and is covering 10 from the pitch - I'd rather Hill be on the bench tbh.

Cipriani not covering himself in defensive glory so far - not seen him tackling like this in about 18months.

Wade vs Aplon in the battle for the nippy midgets.

LCD fantastic skills. Him off the bench please. Slade a nice pass as well. Waldrom with a terrific line there.