• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England

So when is anyone going to do somthing about Lora and his incessant use of that f***ing alias?

Originally posted by #Bom Bom#@Apr 10 2006, 03:51 PM
I believe that england are jealous.
Which is why English fans insist on trying to insult the Welsh, New Zealanders, South Africans etc at every opportunity. Or have I got that the wrong way round?

People need to take their head out of their arse and take a look at some proper English fans.

No one on this board has tried to defend the current England side for their tactics or performances, and it has been agreed that change is needed.

Every single English fan has huge respect for payers from other countries.

Who did I write my Hall of Fame article on? An Englishman? No, I wrote about one of the great Welsh players, and in my opinion the best fullback of all time.

I would love someone to tell me where this image of arrogance comes from, because people keep going on about it, but I really have no idea what others are seeing that I'm not.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Apr 10 2006, 04:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-#Bom Bom#
@Apr 10 2006, 03:51 PM
I believe that england are jealous.
Which is why English fans insist on trying to insult the Welsh, New Zealanders, South Africans etc at every opportunity. Or have I got that the wrong way round?

People need to take their head out of their arse and take a look at some proper English fans.

No one on this board has tried to defend the current England side for their tactics or performances, and it has been agreed that change is needed.

Every single English fan has huge respect for payers from other countries.

Who did I write my Hall of Fame article on? An Englishman? No, I wrote about one of the great Welsh players, and in my opinion the best fullback of all time.

I would love someone to tell me where this image of arrogance comes from, because people keep going on about it, but I really have no idea what others are seeing that I'm not. [/b]
To be fair, he's got a point.

Once you look past the media and group of 'fans' who believe that cause they won the RWC in 2003 that that makes them the best team in the history of everything ever, there is a large number who know that they aren't playing well and that changes must be made. Those are the same supporters who also respect other teams, and that a fair number of their players share that attitude, who aren't conceited and arrogant.

For instance, when I was at the Calcutta Cup match in Feb, I sat next to a bunch of loud and obnoxious 'supporters'. I did take great pleasure in winding them up at full time though. BUT that was a minority. At half time, while standing in line for food I was talking to another supporter, who knew his stuff and was full of praise for how we played and recognised that England could suffer defeat.

Not every England fan is a pain in the arse, the majority of them are nice guys. Is there an England fan on these boards who is smug, arrogant and conceited? I don't think so.

bom bom is not my f***ing alias, hes my f***ing next door neighbour, you twat.

what he said has nothing to do with me, so back off.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 10 2006, 11:52 PM
just readin over the rules

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Welcome to the Wall of Shame.

The Wall of Shame is here to provide a humourous look at the disasters of rugby. It may be anything from a disastrous waste of a career, to the way certain players wear their mascara or hair gel.

The format will work very similar to the Hall Fame. You explain in a well structured essay (preferably humourous) exactly why you think this player/moment/dumbarse deserves to be hung up on the Wall of Shame.
[/b][/quote]
Ahem. *guidelines*...

And it isn't English bashing, it's Pom-bashing...

But no, seriously, I think that the fact that he greatly accepted the fact that England were the best team in the world before he threw **** in their faces cancels it out at least a little bit... Schitzophrenic, yes, but who cares... He's semi-correct anyway...

Yes, it is very offensive, and some was out of line, but this is hardly the most serious of places anyway. Everything that is said in here is to be taken with a grain of salt... When, yes WHEN lora says this outside of the part of the forum where you are supposed to **** on things, that's when you go Hulk on his arse.

And BomBom, f*** off.

Originally posted by kaftka+Apr 11 2006, 07:55 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Apr 10 2006, 11:52 PM
just readin over the rules

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
<div class='quotemain'>Welcome to the Wall of Shame.

The Wall of Shame is here to provide a humourous look at the disasters of rugby. It may be anything from a disastrous waste of a career, to the way certain players wear their mascara or hair gel.

The format will work very similar to the Hall Fame. You explain in a well structured essay (preferably humourous) exactly why you think this player/moment/dumbarse deserves to be hung up on the Wall of Shame.
[/b][/quote]
Ahem. *guidelines*...

And it isn't English bashing, it's Pom-bashing...

But no, seriously, I think that the fact that he greatly accepted the fact that England were the best team in the world before he threw **** in their faces cancels it out at least a little bit... Schitzophrenic, yes, but who cares... He's semi-correct anyway...

Yes, it is very offensive, and some was out of line, but this is hardly the most serious of places anyway. Everything that is said in here is to be taken with a grain of salt... When, yes WHEN lora says this outside of the part of the forum where you are supposed to **** on things, that's when you go Hulk on his arse.

And BomBom, f*** off. [/b][/quote]
:lol: clean up on isle four kaftka!

I nominate Wales for the Hall of Shame for doing sweet f*** all for 30 years, but win one Grand Slam in one of the weakest 6 Nations of recent times and suddenly now think they are the ****.

Originally posted by Ripper@Apr 11 2006, 06:59 PM
I nominate Wales for the Hall of Shame for doing sweet f*** all for 30 years, but win one Grand Slam in one of the weakest 6 Nations of recent times and suddenly now think they are the ****.
That's a bit unfair.... Only Lora thinks they are the best.

wales are 7th in the world and clearly are not the best team in the world. last year i did get carried away..... but let me put it this way. if nz, didnt win anything for 30 yrs and then won the tri nations by playing some great rubgy and scoring some great tries, im sure alot of people in nz would be of the attitude that "were back"

Originally posted by Ripper@Apr 11 2006, 06:59 PM
:lol: its so ironically ture!

at least england put up a challenge at the end of year tour. not like wales, who was the biggest one-man hype up since los lover.

:( yup, it was extremely sad for wales, i was at that game, and although i was trying to convince myself wales would win, in the pit of my stomach i suspected that nz would win comfortably.

Yep it was good game but i think we all knew that NZ was going to win it. Not only was the NZ side on form but wales was struck by injuries. Despite Wales poor performances in International rugby of late, I still think that they shouldn't be put in the wall of shame. Niether should England. I reckon that Bom Bom should calm down and stop bieng so anti-English. He makes the other welsh forum members look bad. Bom Bom obvousily hasn't seen dawson play in his prime. Although now he isn't as good now, he still offers the value asset of experience. With younger scrum halfs coming into playsuch as Ellis, Dawson has made the right chose to retire. I also believe that Ripper's statement that Wales have done nothing for the past 30 years is just as bad as Bom Bom's comments. Maybe Wales haven't won a world cup or produced an amazing squad of late but they have still made great progress over the past years. They have fought back to win the grandslam and have made classic matches with all the southern hempshire international teams. You cant compare international teams in progress due to certain events that happen in and around the team. I think before you all start cutting each other up about your home nations you should sit back a listen to each others opions and if you disagree than say why without causeing offense to any body.

I have to admit I've been caught up a bit in the anti-england bit of BS. See, they are maybe a little arrogant and such like, but who wouldn't be after winning the World Cup? Just like I think after winning the Grand Slam, the Welsh did have a right to believe their team was going upwards. UNfortunately, they've been hit by many injuries, and perhaps they're coming to the realization that their depth needs to be seriously developed for the future. All this to say that I think we've been generally unfair to the English and Welsh in the past bit, and all though they might have gotten carried away at times, perhaps we've taken it a little too far.

england need to be in the wall, there record for world champs is a f***ing disgrace and there negative approach to rugby matches is unforgivable.

Yeah, boring old negative England. To be honest I have almost stopped being an English Rugby Supporter all together. Until they get some new management, beat France. I will never say I am England Supporter, so I am starting to gain some of my Celtic roots, even if I am only a 1/4 Irish, 3/4 English.

Bm

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 21 2006, 03:17 PM
and there negative approach to rugby matches is unforgivable.
Being unattacking, and being **** are 2 totally different things.

We scored plenty of tries against Wales in this year's 6N, which seems to show that the team are just pants most of the time, not that they aren't trying to play attacking rugby.

its the fact that they cant play attacking rugby, theyve triedand failed miserably.

yes they beat wales, but most of the tries was from set pieces.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 21 2006, 05:10 PM
its the fact that they cant play attacking rugby, theyve triedand failed miserably.
Well if they try but fail, then you're previous point was wrong.

It isn't a negative approach to the game, it's just bad skill levels.

Latest posts