• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

English summer rugby

You said it yourself - he's not even a Saxons level player.
I haven't seen anything to suggest he ever will be.

I'm starting to lean towards Burrell now as he's absolutely flying in the prem so far (I know it's only 2 games but his passing is gaining interest I expect) what does everyone else think ?

He's definitely improved... obviously been working on his passing. Can't see him imposing himself at a higher level.

Eastmond still has the best distribution out of any EQP back that I've seen though.

Last edited:
Good going forwards, terrible in defence.
Not necessarily one on one tackles, but just in general. He was the same at Leeds and then at Sale too. It's not as noticeable at Saints because they've got such a strong pack, but Lowe made him look a chump a few times tonight.

Daily Mail reporting that Barritt may be out for "several weeks, if not months" and that it has been decided that Tom Wood will take over the captaincy from Robshaw.

Nothing official, but the DM is usually fairly trustworthy (lol) when it comes to England leaks.

Surely it's a bit early to declare who's captain? Two games in, and neither player has really shone. When's the training camp start for the Autumn Internationals? Perhaps it's Kvesic who's won the 7 shirt in Lancaster's eyes.

Mixed blessing in Barritt's absence. Nice player to have around, but this will finally force Lancaster's hand. He could (and should) have played 36 and Tuilagi in the Six Nations, but reverted to type. Now he hasn't got the option. Sod's law says he plays: 10. Goode 12. Farrell 13. Brown just to troll me.

Couldn't agree more - the captain should be selected from the form 23 in the week preceding a match.

I think most people share that opinion on Barritt, he's a great guy and I don't think you could name a single player better in defense than him, worldwide.
But he's not right for this team, 36 and Kyle look set to be given their chance.

Couldn't agree more - the captain should be selected from the form 23 in the week preceding a match.

I think most people share that opinion on Barritt, he's a great guy and I don't think you could name a single player better in defense than him, worldwide.
But he's not right for this team, 36 and Kyle look set to be given their chance.

I agree with this sooo much!

12trees and Kyle to get a run out (i'm hoping Eastmond will push 12trees hard so they both improve). Burrell to be in saxons where he belongs and if he improves dramatically (i know he does look good but not international standard) so we have some cover if things go really wrong.

As for captain i'd be happy with picking any man who is guaranteen a place in the starting 15 but as for wood or robshaw i'd have either. One of them will start (whichever trains better i guess or is in better form) so make them both captians or whatever.

Latest posts