• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Eoin Reddan for Leinster?

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
S

snoopy snoopy dog dog

I touched on this elsewhere so rather than hijack that thread, here's a new one on the topic. It had been rumoured for a while but it's beginning to appear in the press over the last few days:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/rug...icle5951719.ece

Chris Whitaker is leaving, possibly to be replaced by Eoin Reddan[/b]

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/...4243317899.html

TWELVE MONTHS on from Leinster's failed bid to sign Eoin Reddan, the London Wasps scrumhalf remains top of their shopping list with recent events making the 28-year-old's arrival in Dublin a distinct probability this summer.

The most sensible replacement for the departing Chris Whitaker, negotiations are ongoing, with Leinster attempting to buy out the last year of Reddan's contract.

"I can't make any comment at the moment as there are lots of players we are currently looking at," said Leinster chief executive Mick Dawson yesterday.[/b]
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/r...er-1653374.html

The prized scrum-half Eoin Reddan is the latest player apparently leaving Wasps as he is being lined up to return to his native land to play for Leinster.[/b]
So that's three different reporters in three different newspapers who are carrying the story. If it turns out to be true, is it a good move for Leinster? In my opinion, it is. Reddan puts pace on the game, is a good box kicker, marshalls a pack well and is coming into his prime. He's not as good a passer as, say, Peter Stringer (who's coming back to good passing form now after a couple of average years) but the rest of his game makes up for it. I'd be happy going into next year with Reddan, Paul O'Donohoe and Chris Keane as the three Leinster scrumhalves.

yeah I've plenty of time for him, can consider himself unlucky to have not made it into the 22 at some point, especially given his performance in the A side but if he does sign it should do his international prospects no harm.

I think he is better than O'Leary, reckon playing outside of Ireland had something to do with it!

That and either not getting a game for Wasps or playing shite. He hasnt been at his best this year, but he did get MoM against Bristol there didnt he?

It was a well publicised approach last year but he wanted to stay in London. Not sure if that will change this year, but I'd love to see him come here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 27 2009, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That and either not getting a game for Wasps or playing shite. He hasnt been at his best this year, but he did get MoM against Bristol there didnt he?

It was a well publicised approach last year but he wanted to stay in London. Not sure if that will change this year, but I'd love to see him come here.[/b]
My take on it is that last year when he was approached, he still harboured ambitions of playing for Munster and replacing Peter Stringer. That's why he signed a short term deal with Wasps and was also before he lost his Ireland place and Tomas O'Leary proved himself a viable option for the Limerick/Cork based team. He probably now views Leinster as his most realistic avenue back to the international fold.

I'd welcome his arrival. He's certainly better than Chris Whitaker.

Latest posts