• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] England vs. Argentina 09/11/13

It's gonna be a long and painful tour for the pumas...

amigo, the Pumas need to go home, like, right now (if they could), rebuild, find chemistry and a real game plan both on attack and defense, and start over again. They're currently in a state where they need to win Tier 1 status all over again, because it is clear like the light of day they aren't atm.

Let England beat them easily, hopefully the Pumas can show another nice scrum or two, maybe a try, limit the damage. Get beaten big in Cardiff the next week, and take revenge on Italy who are playing like Tier 3 atm. But then, REBUILD, la reconsctruccion total !

Agree about Tomkins, he really is just filling a space. Twelvetrees is giving excellent structure to the backs in the line, and the pack is making excellent yardage around the field and particularly at the fringes... the other backs still aren't doing anything of note..

I dont think he got that down. With Wade, Marland and Tuilagi on the pitch I'm fairly optimistic about Englands immediate future and development should they play to their potential. Just a shame Tuilagi won't be around to munch on the All blacks!

I dont think he got that down. With Wade, Marland and Tuilagi on the pitch I'm fairly optimistic about Englands immediate future and development should they play to their potential. Just a shame Tuilagi won't be around to munch on the All blacks!

considering how he was responsible for 2.5 tries out of 3 last November, I feel your pain ! ;)

Think Bluemoon has hit the nail on the head here, they're not really trying to slow down England's ball and its allowing us to set a massive tempo. Most of the forwards are looking good with their carrying but of course you will if you're getting quick ball at momentum against a static defence. Compare that with England's line speed, whole different world.

Still, can only play whats in front of you. There's been an excellent level of intensity and some very nice skills. But possible we're being flattered.

Can't expect a repeat of that, you reckon Argentina will come out a lot better next half.

considering how he was responsible for 2.5 tries out of 3 last November, I feel your pain ! ;)

Yep, he was a big influence and I believe he was quite a shock to the system for the all blacks that they really didn't have an answer to at the time. However, I'm sure that even if he was playing this year, the kiwis would have done their homework and found some answer to take him out of the equation. Maybe Wade and Yarde can do the trick in a different way this time? Wishful thinking but as last year proved, you never know!

Lee Dickson is responsible for the Ashton try, I don't think Farrell had noticed the blindside until Lee pointed it out.

How Ashton didn't get the ball down and nearly (possibly?) fudged the second one I do not know.

Yep, he was a big influence and I believe he was quite a shock to the system for the all blacks that they really didn't have an answer to at the time. However, I'm sure that even if he was playing this year, the kiwis would have done their homework and found some answer to take him out of the equation. Maybe Wade and Yarde can do the trick in a different way this time? Wishful thinking but as last year proved, you never know!

surely, but he'd have helped England out regardless. And without even considering the result against France tonight for NZ, I expect England to give them a good hard battle for 80min next week.

David Beckham is in Twickenham. Is he a rugby fan?? Or just for TV cameras? :D

Two hours of international rugby for Joel Tomkins and I can't recall him making a tackle or run of note.

Roll on Manu's recovery

Well, another typical rugby league player. He should go to the Sevens team...

Last edited:
one thing that can be said about England, that doesn't suffer from playing mediocre opposition, is the quality defense. It's intense, intelligent and organized. Can move up very fast without giving huge gaps away in the process.

Farrell's been carrying a knock since just before halftime, yet they bring Flood on for 36?

OH come on I could score that kick any day -_-!!! cant miss that in a game like this

Dylan goes off Youngs comes on and we do not win a line out.................why is Flood at 12 and Farrell remains at 10................Corbs has been pretty s hit since he came on.........................England are s hit this half and Robshaw not dooing enough as captain to change things!

Leguiseman has given at least 6 penalties away and not even been warned............

ps Bosch is good ain't he?!!

Latest posts