• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup 20-21 - Rd 1

Leinster looking good mixed with Montpellier veing consistent in being over hyped as a good French team. They're average to poor at best.

Leinster have played well so far. But imagine if they were fully prepped

They will have it in artistic black and white with pseudo intellectual French gibberish in the background about how teams are like fine wines and how he likes his women like his fine wines, locked in a cellar for a few years.
Never lock your woman in the cellar. The wine could turn...

I did expect Montpellier to be better than this, but they've no discipline, very little going on in attack and don't look like troubling Leinster at the ruck. Leinsters are just exiting very well and are playing the game in Montpellier's half.

As usual the Dragons had their Italian-like final quarter implosion. All the same, losing to a top Premiership side 8-24 was not as bad as I was fearing, especially with all the last-minute disruptions.

So Leinster and Bordeaux you'd imagine nailed on as 1 & 2 of that pool already.

I realise some teams will "rest" players if they lose first 2 games but to surrender any ambitions before first game is disappointing.

Bastareaud at 8 will never not be funny,

Has there ever been another back who has had to move into the forwards because they were too fat/too in-disciplined to keep their conditioning in check?
Usually it's the other way round (i.e. Richie Vernon moving into the centres)

Going to be a loooooooooong day for the Gloucester academy

Bastareaud at 8 will never not be funny,

Has there ever been another back who has had to move into the forwards because they were too fat/too in-disciplined to keep their conditioning in check?
Usually it's the other way round (i.e. Richie Vernon moving into the centres)

Going to be a loooooooooong day for the Gloucester academy
He's played well to be fair but he is up against academy players so difficult to tell, impressive hands at times.

It's probably only Exe or Leinster that have a realistic chance outside of France.

Latest posts