• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Championships Qualifiers

B

Bullitt

To keep it nice and tidy, all discussion here.

So far;

It's looking rathger nice for Scorland, 5-0 up at half time. Amazing; we all thought they forgot how to play!

England 5 - 0 Andorra

I'm sure I saw Paul Robinson laying down for a nap at one point.

im so gutted tonight, unlucky boys, you did us proud tonight and deserved more than you got.

Utterly embarrassing performance from the Irish last night, but for Shay Given it would have been at least 4-0 and the Germans had a couple of glorious chances as well. No shape from Ireland, unable to hold possession for more than 4 or 5 passes, aimless clearances and once again the inability to get a decent cross in the box which was a killer in the last campaign. With Robson in his sickbed we're in dire straights cause Stan is a gormless muppet.

Thought the Welsh had done us a favour by getting a point against the Czechs but not to be.

Plenty of qualifiers tonight, but the highlight has to be the repeat of the world cup final in Paris, plenty of controversy in this buildup with Matarazzi coming out and revealing that it was Zidane's sister he insulted, don't see the point in giving the French any further motivation, and the bizarre claims by Chelsea about Gallas. It won't decide things in the group but should definitely be a tasty affair.

certainly is a tasty treat there but I really could see it ending in a draw...

England have another game to build their confidence, should really be an easy game... but you can never judge that especially with England

Macedonia certainly blow hot and cold, they've taken points off us, off England previously and the Dutch yet they've also lost to Andorra. Should still be 3 points. Why is Rooney not playing, I thought he only got a 1 match ban from the world cup, does his domestic ban mean he can't play for England either?

Scotland won again tonight. It was edgey in the last 5 minutes but we held on for the win. We looked alot sharper in the second half, but Milller has been a silly fud and gone and got himself a second booking so he misses the France game. But you know what I say? BRING IT ON!

Good start for the Scots alright, qualification will depend on the big 3 taking points off each other and the Scots being able to win their home games, doesn't help though with Miller missing out the French tie.

Some game in Paris alright, 3 goals in the opening 20 mins, what a difference an early goal can make, shame the world cup final didn't get this start.

Crouch gets another Goal... amazing for a guy who cant play football cos he's too tall...

Your doing tall guys proud...

1 nil England....

Good start for the Scots alright, qualification will depend on the big 3 taking points off each other and the Scots being able to win their home games, doesn't help though with Miller missing out the French tie.

Some game in Paris alright, 3 goals in the opening 20 mins, what a difference an early goal can make, shame the world cup final didn't get this start.
[/b]

I'd be much more confident if we played our home games at Celtic Park or Ibrox. They're much bigger than Hampden and generate a far better atmosphere as your not 50 miles from the pitch. That said, Hampden is a good stadium and can generate and atmosphere if it's a sell out and the Tartan Army are going barmy.

Germany are currently beating San Marino 12-0...and there's still another 10mins to go. Makes you wonder why diddy wee teams like that bother.

Well England escaped with a win in Macedonia, put up a tough challenge for England which was good, some scary moments at times....

France have beaten Italy 3 - 1 in Paris... in a repeat of the World Cup Final, Sidney Govou getting 2 goals and Henry the other one... Gilardino got Italy's goal...

Northern Ireland are currently beating Spain by 3 goals to 2... with David Healey getting a Hat Trick for Northern Ireland

Stunning result in Belfast, something gone wrong with football in this country, normally it's the North who are shite and us who pick up results like theirs with the Spanish. It's all a bit confusing at the moment.

So another double header of qualifiers is upon us. Out of the home nations only Scotland have a decent fixture against the French, England should cope easily with Macedonia, Wales will struggle to beat Slovakia as will Ireland in Nicosea, while the North will be brought back down to earth with defeat in Copenhagen.

As for the other big European powerhouses, Sweden v Spain certainly looks a tasty affair as does Italy v Ukraine which will definitely go a long way in deciding who qualifies in that group. The Italians will need to get over their world cup hangover should they wish to have a chance of a world cup and European Championship double. Kazakhstan v Poland seems to have caught the attention of Setanta Sports who have deemed it big enough to show live, could be a cracker in Almaty.

Christ I'm a bit slow, it's easy to forget that there's over 100000 Poles in Ireland. No wonder both their matches are on Setanta.

Huge win for Scotland and now in with a real chance of qualification, dropping points won't hinder England's qualification hopes but they still should have beaten Macedonia, saw one chance that Crouch had at the end and he should have put it away, apparently Gerrard hit the bar as well. And the less said about Ireland the better.

Latest posts