• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"Expert" dsplays stupidity

Clint Malarchuk is he not that goaltender that was famous for having his neck almost severed by an ice skate? And also shot himself in the chin also?

I know!!! Lets get rid of scrums, and we can get rid of tackles too since they're dangerous, and line-outs because you jump up and can fall down and hurt yourself, and while we're at it, we can lose the goalposts; can't have something sticking up out of the ground for the poor little souls to run into, and with no goalposts, there's no goal-kicking, so we might as well reduce the value of the try to one point.

That way we can have rugby with no tackles, no scrums or lineouts, no goalposts or kicks at goal, with a one point try...... hang on?

I know!!! Lets get rid of scrums, and we can get rid of tackles too since they're dangerous, and line-outs because you jump up and can fall down and hurt yourself, and while we're at it, we can lose the goalposts; can't have something sticking up out of the ground for the poor little souls to run into, and with no goalposts, there's no goal-kicking, so we might as well reduce the value of the try to one point.

That way we can have rugby with no tackles, no scrums or lineouts, no goalposts or kicks at goal, with a one point try...... hang on?

Touch Rugby?

Worst injury i've ever seen in person, on a rugby pitch, was in a game of touch: guy dislocated his ankle - looked horrendous

Sounds like another left wing jobsworth on a publicly funded study, just coming out with a somewhat controversial result in order to try and justify the cost of this pointless report.

Sounds like another left wing jobsworth on a publicly funded study, just coming out with a somewhat controversial result in order to try and justify the cost of this pointless report.

I agree.

In fact I would go further and say that it "Sounds like yet another useless left wing jobsworth dike on a pointless publicly funded study, just coming out with a somewhat controversial result in order to try and justify the outrageous cost of this pointless report.

At which point do scrums get introduced to the game then? It's never going to happen this, but if it did, England as a scrummaging force would be finished.

I've been brushing up. Oh yes. I know some union terms.

At which point do scrums get introduced to the game then? It's never going to happen this, but if it did, England as a scrummaging force would be finished.

I've been brushing up. Oh yes. I know some union terms.

Scrums are there from U12 I think here in Wales. Anything under that is flag tag rugby. But its not competitive scrums just passive ... meaning there is no pushing but the hookers hook. As the age goes up the level of pushing increases all the wy up till U18-U19 where the scrums can be pushed as much as 5m before the ref has to stop it. Going over this means that a penalty will be awarded for the side being pushed further than 5m.

I expected the first response to be "Well, rugby league gets by without scrums at every level!"

I'm disappointed TRF!

I expected the first response to be "Well, rugby league gets by without scrums at every level!"

I'm disappointed TRF!

Rugby Lite is for pillow biting, ankle grabbling, sausage smuggling men who likes to do with other men, as displayed by their dropping the only tough part of the sport!

Better?

Last edited:
Much better.

Passive scrums? We might not push, but stick your head in one. It's anything but passive.

and you can push in league scrums, but 99.99 times out of a hundred it's not worth it as the ball is just rolled straight out the back, so it's better to get out of it quicker than try and contest.
I've seen a turnover or two happen before though, when the other team wasn't expecting it and just get shoved over the ball

worst injuries i have seen were not in the contact element of the game but in guys turning around....one guy turned after tracking back to take a kick and his knee sliped in mud....POP ...did his ligaments... then our scrumhalf turned to pass a ball POP...he had done too much work on his upper legs /thighsand apparently it got so strong without working the calves that when i cramped it ripped the kneecap out of its place..

so another one gentlemen...if rugby is to become a safe sport we must ban mud ...and cramps....anyone found cramping on field is liable to recive a 2 week suspension....

and you can push in league scrums, but 99.99 times out of a hundred it's not worth it as the ball is just rolled straight out the back, so it's better to get out of it quicker than try and contest.
I've seen a turnover or two happen before though, when the other team wasn't expecting it and just get shoved over the ball

I've lost count at the number of scrums I've been in - each one of them full of intimidating men who would willingly knock your head off. Whilst there's no shoving (the referee calls time off and resets the scrum if there is, 99/100, unless Saints are playing Wigan *seethes*) the scrum is an extremely important tactical element of the sport.