• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Expert Level Footage Here

L

locksley

UPDATED 5:10pm
----------------------------------

Here's the AUSTRALIA v NEW ZEALAND Vid for you!

AUSTRALIA v NEW ZEALAND

Sorry, but the England v France game has had to be taken down to make way for this one. If anybody wishes to see the Eng v Fra match, pm me and I'll send it via MSN

----------------------------------

Hope you enjoy it.

Lox

One word - maddog.

In the words of the late Big Kev "Im Excited"

:cheers: cheers lox

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 8 2006, 10:16 PM
Locksley, what did you personally think of expert mode?
Well, it's the mode I'll be playing on from now on. It's really hard to make breaks, but not impossible. You have to work hard and I like that.

I'm struggling on goal kicks for some reason. When I push X to stop the bar as it comes down, it doesn't seem to register. Very strange, as it's been ok for the other games.

Also, I'm swaying towards getting annoyed at Dive tackles. In RL2 and RC2006, the tackler sort of "Homed in" on the ball carrier. This doesn't happen in 06, and you really have to make sure you're on the ball with the analog stick to make the tackle, otherwise you just end up diving at thin air. After extended play, I think it's the acutal perspective of the classic 2 view that makes it hard to really line up the player for the hit. It looks as though you're nearer to the player than you actually are. Strange.

Saying that though, watch the Aus v NZ vid and almost at the beginning I pull of a real try saving tackle and bundle the player into touch right on the line. Class :D

So on expert mode you can still use your pace to its full extent once youve broken the line? You know, do you get run down unfairly like in RL2?

You use the analog stick to tackle?

hi mate

i cant open the file? realplayer wont play it? any chance you can put it so windows media player can play it? or help me out in trying to watch it?

thanks

it looks much better.

they have reused massive chunks of the old commentary so it sounds fairly similar altho i like that the crowd seem a little more responsive to a player slipping a tackle, line breaks etc.

also liked the ai infringments and sending off. gives you a different array of chances to 05.

only worries were the offloads often went back towards the pack area when a player had an unmarked player on his outside.

also, it could have just been the great mans defending but france never seemed to trouble locks that much. seeing as hes only had it for a couple of days and has gone from a 35 point loss to ireland on normal to keeping france scoreless on hard, it seems that perhaps the ai attack isnt as hard as its defense?

Quite liked the replay for the big tackle. Nice touch.

Also, from a looks perspective, I love the fact that there were no intrusive EA Sports logos to be found. Must be a first for the series.... Looked very crisp and realistic...

Aside from the bunching.

i think its 4:3 320x240 wmv. its not too bad, its just a bit small, but its gonna be for a whole match aint it.

Originally posted by Fullbackno1@Feb 8 2006, 11:11 PM
hi mate

i cant open the file? realplayer wont play it? any chance you can put it so windows media player can play it? or help me out in trying to watch it?

thanks
I can't get it to work either, It saves as a .rar file. Am I supposed to change something here

Originally posted by Quintes+Feb 8 2006, 11:51 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fullbackno1
@Feb 8 2006, 11:11 PM
hi mate

thanks
I can't get it to work either, It saves as a .rar file. Am I supposed to change something here [/b]
You need to unrar it using Winrar

Originally posted by Quintes+Feb 8 2006, 11:51 PM-->
hi mate

thanks
I can't get it to work either, It saves as a .rar file. Am I supposed to change something here [/b]
Right click it, Extract to Blahdeeblah...

This may take a couple of seconds or else it will be instantaneous. It will then be a folder with two .wmv's in it.

That's how you do it in Linux. Pretty much the same thing in Windows...Just worded differently I think...

[edit].... Read locksleys post. Makes more sense.

Oh, and I was hoping to see a bigger score than that. It's a shame the AI couldn't get a couple of tries past you.

Originally posted by locksley+Feb 8 2006, 11:52 PM-->
Originally posted by Quintes@Feb 8 2006, 11:51 PM
hi mate

thanks

I can't get it to work either, It saves as a .rar file. Am I supposed to change something here
You need to unrar it using Winrar [/b]
Ha! Cool, just got it from the rar lab. Brilliant

Loved the eng v fra video! Desperately want it to be Friday morning.

I NEED THIS GAME IN MY LIFE!

Locks I see from the video when the ball is kicked it looks like it leaves a trail is that right?

Latest posts