• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

::: Fa'atau82's 2010-11 Workshop :::

JdV, Just a thought.. how about i link my graphics patches up to your roster files? All i need to know is what teams your roster uses (teamID's) and i can cofigure my files to match, so we get graphics updates as well as a working roster to go with it?

What you think?

And if so, what teams have you updated/added?

JdV, Just a thought.. how about i link my graphics patches up to your roster files? All i need to know is what teams your roster uses (teamID's) and i can cofigure my files to match, so we get graphics updates as well as a working roster to go with it?

What you think?

And if so, what teams have you updated/added?

Sounds like a good idea yeah, I will post the teams list a bit later on...and oh yeah ShaheenJ has made all the new Aviva Premiership kits for 10-11;)

Yes use it, I post on the faatau subject for use it.

Thank you!

Faatau82: is this new patch you're working in gona include french top 14 tournament?? I think nowadays Its the most exciting league with several great teams to play with

THANKSSSSSSSSSS

i just want to say thanks to all the people who make mods for this game, if it wasnt for you guys i know i still wouldnt be playing it, well done and thank you!

Uso....whats the latest update on your new project? Cant wait...tired of playing with players with faces that doesn't even match

Could you do the new cardiff blues kit and munster away kit, cheers

At the moment, just doing some updates for Aviva Premiership. Kits have been made by Shaheen apparently, and i'm doing the new ball, adboards (trying to add more boards) and generally improve stadiums. So my next immediate release will be just for the Premiership.

I figured i could actually make the game run the World League mode for Div 3 as the Premiership and Magners League. I'd have to disable transfers and maybe the knockout cup, and you'd play for one season, but it'd be much better than the built-in mode, which has no stats or anything going on.

What i also may do is try to make just a patch with Premiership teams, there will be no other teams or modes. That what most patches are.. and also i could make the rosters for the academy players too, so you could intregrate them.

I'm trying to work out ways to refresh the game.. as at times, it can be fairly realistic.. but the game just runs very samey.

Faatau82 that sound like a great idea, but i would leave the transfer open and make the knockout cup the Heineken cup. Love the idea of making academy players to integate... Can't wait fo the release...

Ok, i have looked into some things in WL. There are settings that might work to disable the 'swaps' of players. I've never got that. It's not the NBA! Also, the .rdf is an issue, unless Ross has got it to work.

But i've got as far as having all game graphics in the WL mode. Also, as a nice touch i have the training mode codes so you could actually use your own club stadium for the training mode in WL, as well as the kits.. could even go as far as making the official training jerseys.

The only part of the game that would cause a problem is the promotion/relegation issue from Div 2. For realism, i could just rename those divisions as other leagues with other teams, like Currie Cup, RFU Championship etc so it looks like a sports round-up or something.

Could even maybe try to fix it so a promoted team gets relegated from Div 2 though the bottom place team would have to win the league.. don't think i can affect the that though. I shall endeavour to try.

The training ground works like a charm, i just need to take out the crowd for a special version of the file, so you are training in an empty stadium. Looks very nice. I'm using The Stoop, and i've added plenty of logos around the ground so it looks like a proper stadium, though i can't do much about the sponsors. But it still looks great. Also, in real life the try area is much shorter, so i have amended that in oedit.. it's tricky to make a straight line, but i almost did it at the first go, and it works a treat, anything after the new line wont be counted as a try, you'll just clear the ball.

What it means is that i can make realistic football type pitches like Vicarage Rd etc where you see the penalty area. Just for a bit of realism, it looks very good so far.

The good news i think is that once i've done it for one stadium, i can use that file for them all.. no need to re-do each one.

Just testing out some things in WL now, like blocking transfers or at least alter them.

Well, the bad news is that you can't use any other team in Lions Tour apart from Lions (it's hard-coded) and i can't even get any other art to load.

Also, the other bad news is about the SupeRugby patch. That won't be happening either, as it appears the game is again hard-coded so that it loads the RWC kits only, even though if you code the xml, it all works fine. I'd have to update all the national teams kits and change the names in dc.english, but then it won't refer to the teams by name.

So that mode is screwed. Could do it in '06, but not in '08.

So, basically, the only modes i'll be doing is a Premiership graphics update (nearly complete) and a Magners League mode that replaces the premiership directly, though that still requires a fair amount of pitch art, as the game wont load adboards for different arenas under one filename.. though the files are the same.

That's the latest update.

I'll try and make some new kits when i can. there's not too many.. Dragons, Aironi, Ospreys, Ulster, maybe Treviso.. haven't really noticed much change to other kits.

Very good job, thank you for returning to the forum ... please join the Magners League

Well, the update is coming along. I will make the game mode just for Magners League.. you can use Ross' roster updates and files, and i'll just make up the rsg, xml and add the graphics update so you can put it over those files. Not sure about kit updates, if i have time i will make a few.

Hi, I make a question, you got some boot pack date? or if not, you know where I can find one?

Edit Faatau82: Uli was the bootmaker, i don't make boots at all. Sorry fella.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Faatau82, I don't know if its just my game because of all the editing but whenever I play the H Cup or Aviva Prem the game doesn't load that comp's dedicated ball, it only loads the home team's ball...Do you also get that?

Also email me your profile file and I'll change its res for you.

Cheers
Ross

Latest posts