• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FA'ATAU82's MegaUpdatePatch Talk Thread

I am the only one how has problems with the patch???please somebody help me! what can I do?I try everything..send me pm!! please!!

@ Fa'atau82 - Have you checked the names of the images in the .fsh? Maybe you did something wrong in the files without noticing :)

@ kbxapuma -
If you don't tell us exactly WHAT problems you have, I think it'll be very difficult to help you

you know what Problem I have

I see baldies with GREEN and RED Hair until they score and the cut scene comes o_O

you know what Problem I have

I see baldies with GREEN and RED Hair until they score and the cut scene comes o_O [/b]

No, I didn't know what problem you have until now, and that problem will be solved with the roster

Haha thanks
not a big deal It just looks a bit odd...still goes back to normal when you get up close which is good
but good to hear
thanks

Haha thanks
not a big deal It just looks a bit odd...still goes back to normal when you get up close which is good
but good to hear
thanks [/b]

Haha you're welcome haha

Gary, I managed to modify the teams of the World League (ERC Super League)

These are the divisions now, based on early September rankings, just before the beginning of the season (note that Northampton and Toulon are in the lowest one just because they were relegated):

PREMIER DIVISION
Leicester Tigers
London Wasps
Clermont
Toulouse
Paris
Gloucester
Ospreys
Munster

FIRST DIVISION
Biarritz
Perpignan
Saracens
Cardiff Blues
Llanelli Scarlets
Leinster
Bath Rugby
Harlequins
Glasgow
London Irish
Bristol Rugby
Falcons

SECOND DIVISION
Worcester
Brive
Ulster
Bayonne
Dragons
Castres
Montauban
Sale Sharks
Bourgoin
Montpellier
Albi
Edinburgh Rugby

THIRD DIVISION
Viadana
Benetton Treviso
Calvisano
Petrarca Padova
Parma
Leeds Carnegie
Auch
Dax
Bucuresti
El Salvador
Northampton
Toulon[/b]

Still have to correct the venues, and maybe some other things too

PS: Have to speak with you about the logos, maybe I found out something. Apparently, b33c1afcdd66fdde967cdf5a799f00e7.fsh and 5e6c5e489048e65179e13ab250c31312.fsh aren't 100% needed, because I noticed that some logos you modified in the teams' "personal" files, are updated in the menus (like in fixtures and standings, or the TV-like logos in tournament central), but some teams seem to need instead the 2 files I mentioned earlier. Hope I made myself clear :wacko:

right-o mates I seem to have a wee bit of a problem
which I actually consider MAJOR
On my World League I cant recruit Backs
I try to swtich from back to fowards and it gives me an error and quits me game =[
HELP?? anyone?

Gary, I managed to modify the teams of the World League (ERC Super League)

These are the divisions now, based on early September rankings, just before the beginning of the season (note that Northampton and Toulon are in the lowest one just because they were relegated):

PREMIER DIVISION
Leicester Tigers
London Wasps
Clermont
Toulouse
Paris
Gloucester
Ospreys
Munster

FIRST DIVISION
Biarritz
Perpignan
Saracens
Cardiff Blues
Llanelli Scarlets
Leinster
Bath Rugby
Harlequins
Glasgow
London Irish
Bristol Rugby
Falcons

SECOND DIVISION
Worcester
Brive
Ulster
Bayonne
Dragons
Castres
Montauban
Sale Sharks
Bourgoin
Montpellier
Albi
Edinburgh Rugby

THIRD DIVISION
Viadana
Benetton Treviso
Calvisano
Petrarca Padova
Parma
Leeds Carnegie
Auch
Dax
Bucuresti
El Salvador
Northampton
Toulon

Still have to correct the venues, and maybe some other things too.

Hello evreybody, i think it's a great idea this Super League. But i have one question..To my mind we will start this competition with a third division's club.. And i'm fan of Bayonne's team. So i couldn't play with them. Is there a solution. One other thing.. I think Bayonne is not as good as Sale (challenge cup bayonne 12 sale 51 and after Sale 32 Bayonne 10 )

@ Rhinos Flanker - I don't have that problem, maybe because I use the roster I modified, so wait for its release

@ merignacais - I can't satisfy everybody, because I'm sure everybody wants to play the World League with their favorite team. I didn't make up these rankings, I know they're not 100% official, but they're the ONLY ones.
I can't make the divisions basing on what people think, and these rankings are as of early September, so BEFORE every major season began. You want to play as Bayonne? Pick a third division team and win, then maybe Bayonne will offer you a job (because that's what career modes are)

Fa'atau82, Thank you!

[/b]

Brumbies = Montpellier

Force = Brive

Blues = Bayonne

Highlanders = Auch

Hurricanes = Albi

Bulls = Montauban

Sharks = Dax

And if you want do that too, Chiefs = Toulon

@ Ciais.. good work, it looks good. I would agree with those divisions, they will change anyway as you play of course.

The only problem i have with World League is that the rosters are awful.

They are not the rosters that play in the rest of the game, instead you get the original roster with players with stupid names, like S.Han'solo.

I know this is to do with the .ros and .rdf files, but i never really played World League to know what to do about it.

Regarding the files, there are 3 files i came across that have global team graphics. One is the squad management logos (128x64's), one is 64x64 logos like round shaped and the other is like the score overlay graphic, but only for one side. Like you said, i notice they don't do much.

I updated my whole game a few days ago, and every team now has every logo. I can't figure out which one does what, as i have to put the same graphic into different files (the 128x64 'flag' graphic) but all i know is that each team has 2 graphics files that controls score overlay, fly-in logo and some menu logos. The others seem to be global type files that update all the team graphics in one hit.

I thought i had messed up all my work when i loaded the game and found original graphics, but this was due to that b33 file being overwritten with the old one that Uli did.

All is ok here, i am just looking through the game to see any mistakes and errors.

I did notice a flag on one of the stadiums is not working.. this is why you get the green and red colours.. it actually says something like 'bad modder, no cookie'.

I think that is EA's attempt at a joke.

@ Eric.. superb work.. upload them or something and i will add them to my latest megaupdatepatch. We ae nearly there!

I think that the .fsh files with 6 images are for the menu logos, so the 2 global files are useless, but I'm not sure, we should check this out

For the World League, I'm editing everything, from job offers to transfer windows, I'm trying to make it look like a real-life league

For the free agents, I plan to put in the national team players who aren't in any club, minus the retired of course

I think I deleted the "crap-players-at-the-beginning" thing, now all 3rd division teams should have their default players, which is the .rdf file that I will update with the roster I'm currently editing, so no problem with that

Today they'll announce the remaining H-Cup fixtures, so I'm gonna update them at least, not sure when they'll do the same for Top14

Cheers Fran.

I don't have many issues with this game, if you can fix those things Fran.

I think it is best to leave all the fsh files in the database even if we don't know what they do.. the game works and i like it that way.. so if it isn't broke, i am not going to try to fix it!

I know that you still have to update the correct teams who play in Top14, at the moment it has some of the euro teams like Bucuresti and Padova etc.

Ok, I'll test the .fsh files then, it's not a problem, but I'll do it near the end, like you said, it's not a priority ;)

I did the Top 14, only the first 5 rounds though, they still have to decide the fixtures of the remainder of the season... What's wrong with them? :angry:

I have no idea why they don't announce the fixtures.. how teams are supposed to book and plan anything like travel arrangements is beyond me.

They are French, they are probably on strike or do the fixtures list part-time while the rest of the week they sell onions. ;-p

I have no idea why they don't announce the fixtures.. how teams are supposed to book and plan anything like travel arrangements is beyond me.

They are French, they are probably on strike or do the fixtures list part-time while the rest of the week they sell onions. ;-p [/b]

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p Has the ERC a French board of directors? Because they waited till TODAY to announce Round 5 and 6 of the H-Cup... Damn it, UEFA and FIFA have already decided the fixtures of the 2008-2009 season :D