• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

FAQ's

G

getofmeland

So if you have a question about something and want a quick answer this is the place to post it... and hopefully get a reply

Doesnt matter if it is Board related or Rugby Related...

If you are replying to a Question then please quote the original question

Cheers

Hello!

How does the post count works? It doesnt seem to count when i post outside this sub-forum..

Cheers

Hello!

How does the post count works? It doesnt seem to count when i post outside this sub-forum..

Cheers [/b]

We have a couple of systems in place which stops spamming just to get the required 5 posts to access the Rugby 08 section. In other words, if you want to look at that part, contribute and become part of the forum rather then just leeching information.

i really want to visit rugby 08 thread but cant. [/b]

We have now changed the rules so that you require 5 posts to be able to get in and read the rugby gaming boards. This is due to the fact that we have 2000+ members who seem to lurk the forums. This is a measure to make sure the right people get to see the information on the forums. There is also a minimum character criteria to decide whether a post is long enough to count on the post count..

If you are one of these "Lurkers" why not start a topic in the Introduction forum and just say Hi and maybe tell us a bit about yourself or you could just explore the rest of the site and try to get involved one of our many other sections.

Forcing people to have 5 posts will increase the participation, but for how long? As soon as people have 5 posts they will get access to the rugby 2008 section and won't post again. What i'm saying is that maybe this isn't the right way at going about it.

Forcing people to have 5 posts will increase the participation, but for how long? As soon as people have 5 posts they will get access to the rugby 2008 section and won't post again. What i'm saying is that maybe this isn't the right way at going about it. [/b]

Welcome to the forum. It is only five posts, not asking for kidneys. It's mostly just to get people over their initial fears of posting in the first place and hopefully it gets them more involved. If you have a better suggestion don't hold it back.

How do you get a pic in your sig? [/b]
  1. Click on My Controls...you will find it at the top of the screen and is in bold. It will bring you to the My Controls hub
  2. Browse down the left hand side of the page to a heading Personal Profile and under that you will find another hyperlinked set of words sayong Edit Signature
  3. You will now be in the Edit Signature section and you will be able to insert a signature by using the buttons in the window box which will explain themselves when clicked on.
If you need any further help, don't hesitate to ask :)

Hi , I've introduced myself in the Intro section and I've also filled in the 'where are you from' thread , but my number of posts it not updating . I know there are various things in place to stop spamming but I feel I have been genuine in wanting to particpate and am still not able to read the Rugby 08 board as I'm still on 8 posts .

Please advise what I should do

thanks

Hi , I've introduced myself in the Intro section and I've also filled in the 'where are you from' thread , but my number of posts it not updating . I know there are various things in place to stop spamming but I feel I have been genuine in wanting to particpate and am still not able to read the Rugby 08 board as I'm still on 8 posts .

Please advise what I should do

thanks

[/b]

Go and post in places other than the introduction forum. Talk about real rugby mabye. There are almost endless topics out there to discuss.

Done more than 10 posts now in various forums (general rugby) and still don't have access to Rugby 08. Anything else I should know.

Ok 5 posts sure.. but needing 10 posts really this is a pathetic system. I wrote 5 posts to get access to the rugby 2008 section and posted there a bit but now to be locked out! The only section on this thread that interests my at the moment and i'm locked out of it. Planetcricket.net is managed alot better, they don't put pathetic post requirements on their forums. I do hope you will remove these pathetic restrictions because they are just stopping people from posting in a section they want to.

I also don't know whey I have been locked out of the forum, have been a member long and have posted when I thought I had something to contribute. I don't think I should be posting if I will not add substance to the topic.

Ok 5 posts sure.. but needing 10 posts really this is a pathetic system. I wrote 5 posts to get access to the rugby 2008 section and posted there a bit but now to be locked out! The only section on this thread that interests my at the moment and i'm locked out of it. Planetcricket.net is managed alot better, they don't put pathetic post requirements on their forums. I do hope you will remove these pathetic restrictions because they are just stopping people from posting in a section they want to.
[/b]

ENJOY Planetcricket.net THEN!!!!
I am sure they have a decent Rugby 08 section...

captvan, That is exactly right to get 10 posts maybe a couple will have substance but the section that i want to post in is locked.

getofmeland, Planetcricket is my site for cricket thus i feel this forum has more info about rugby.

captvan, That is exctly right to get 10 posts maybe a couple will have substance but the section that i want to post in is locked.

getofmeland, Planetcricket is my site for cricket thus i feel this forum has more info about rugby. [/b]

Like I say don't bloody compare us, we run this forum like we do for a reason... Can you honestly tell me 10 posts is so difficult to make to be able to access an area of the forum, its not like we are charging you to view it... We have reasons for implementing this, one of which is to protect our exclusive sources and some of the Exclusive information we have like our Rugby 08 videos etc...

We feel that we don't charge anything, we don't request you donate any money to the forum, we ask for you to give us a chance and post a couple of messages, I have been on forums where you need 50 posts to access the information, I don't honestly see why people have made a big deal over the whole 10 posts, its only 10 POSTS of a decent standard... another way to put it is why have a forum, when no contributes, if everyone took the attitude I am not going to post anything then the forum would die and be pointless having a forum... A discussion Forum is called a discussion forum for a reason, which is funnily enough a discussion... wow amamzing that, I never thought of that...

<div class='quotemain'> captvan, That is exctly right to get 10 posts maybe a couple will have substance but the section that i want to post in is locked.

getofmeland, Planetcricket is my site for cricket thus i feel this forum has more info about rugby. [/b]

Like I say don't bloody compare us, we run this forum like we do for a reason... Can you honestly tell me 10 posts is so difficult to make to be able to access an area of the forum, its not like we are charging you to view it... We have reasons for implementing this, one of which is to protect our exclusive sources and some of the Exclusive information we have like our Rugby 08 videos etc...

We feel that we don't charge anything, we don't request you donate any money to the forum, we ask for you to give us a chance and post a couple of messages, I have been on forums where you need 50 posts to access the information, I don't honestly see why people have made a big deal over the whole 10 posts, its only 10 POSTS of a decent standard... another way to put it is why have a forum, when no contributes, if everyone took the attitude I am not going to post anything then the forum would die and be pointless having a forum... A discussion Forum is called a discussion forum for a reason, which is funnily enough a discussion... wow amamzing that, I never thought of that...

[/b][/quote]

That is fine and I don't have a problem with that, only I have now posted twice in the introduction forum but these posts are not been counted. If I am forced to post I would rather do it in the Rugby 08 forum as this is the reason I visit the forum

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> captvan, That is exctly right to get 10 posts maybe a couple will have substance but the section that i want to post in is locked.

[/b][/quote]

That is fine and I don't have a problem with that, only I have now posted twice in the introduction forum but these posts are not been counted. If I am forced to post I would rather do it in the Rugby 08 forum as this is the reason I visit the forum

[/b][/quote]

It may be true that as an individual, you would post a lot if the Rugby '08 section was open to you immediately. However, there are countless members who would probably say the same thing but actually not contribute at all.

We had literally thousands of people doing nothing but read our gaming forums and putting nothing back in. Unfortunately we can't cater for every individual, and if locking that section is the only way to get the silent majority posting regularly then so be it.

I'm a member on another forum, totally unrelated to sport, which has at least 3 times the members base of ours. The problem is that most people, me included, have only joined to access one specific feature they were offering. As a result that forum can boast a lot of members, but is totally dead to activity 90% of the time. The only way to stop this forum going the same way is to act as we have done, even if a few people are against the idea.

Just got back from a week's holiday and I'm surprised with the 10 post thing. I'll hit 10 posts no problem once I get back into the Rugby 08 forum. Been waiting for that game forever!!! This brings me one post closer...

Latest posts