• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fastest Player

Who is Fastest??

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 16 2010, 06:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Mar 12 2010, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 11 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Grerhard Van den Heever is the fastest[/b]

You mean the Bulls winger? Not a chance. Chavhanga is the fastest player in the game today.
[/b][/quote]

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I8Qt77Oiv9s&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I8Qt77Oiv9s&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Watch at 1:00, he has to be in the world top 3. I organized a sevens tournament in my ingeneer school in France two years ago, he finished best try scorer with the Pretoria team. BTW, for all french people reading this link, you should really come:

http://c7.campus.ecp.fr/en/accueil_en.php

French winger Marc Andreu played this tournament too, and many other young guns who will be international players soon.
[/b][/quote]
Yeah, I wouldn't rate him in the top 20 fastest players atm. He's a good footballer though. In that try you see him get past a prop and then Vanikolo starts to catch him. I'd rate him behind both Nokwe and Habana as South Africa's best wingers atm.

Well everyone talking about wingers and backs but pierre spies can run a hundred in 10.7, thats insanly fast for a foward

Ngwenya showed some good legs outpacing Williams on the weekend, but i have seen Tommy Bowe do that as well. My money is still on Chavhanga.

The state of Chavhanga's game is worrying though, been relegated to Vodacom Cup rugby recently...

Ngwenya for me ...

but this is were rugby should do an all-star weekend type game like the NBA, NFL etc and have stuff like this so we know once and for all who is the fastest in world rugby!

Yeah. Moving to the Lions didn't do Chavhanga any favors. The Lions are ****

Ngwenya for me ...

but this is were rugby should do an all-star weekend type game like the NBA, NFL etc and have stuff like this so we know once and for all who is the fastest in world rugby!

After watching Ngwenya torch the Ospreys on that 80 meter try in the Heineken Cup this past weekend, I've got to go with him.

Ngwenya showed some good legs outpacing Williams on the weekend, but i have seen Tommy Bowe do that as well. My money is still on Chavhanga.

I'm with Jer1cho. Tommy Bowe is the balls.

that flying japanese guy. Im not entirley sure of his name. Isnt staniforth fast?

sure this post was in 07, but Daisuke Ohata
japanese-rugby.jpg

Does any one know of Jongi Nokwe?He is the fastest rugby player in the world today,He completely outpaced Chavanga in a CC pool match and in the S14 he made Ryan Kankowski(who I believe,even though he is a loosey,is one of the fastest players on a rugby field)look like a prop forward when smoked past him!

Nokwe all the way!!!!!!!

Nokwe is fast however Chavhanga does have the fastest recorded sprint time. I don't think you should make claims like "He is the fastest rugby player in the world today" as it is unproven. Ryan Kankowski who is a very fast loose forward wouldn't be in the top 50-60 fastest rugby players. I'd say Chavhanga has lost plenty of pace but would still be one of the fastest. Don't get me wrong on Nokwe though, I'd love to see him in the starting South Africa line up as he truly is a very good attacking player.

Nokwe is fast however Chavhanga does have the fastest recorded sprint time. I don't think you should make claims like "He is the fastest rugby player in the world today" as it is unproven. Ryan Kankowski who is a very fast loose forward wouldn't be in the top 50-60 fastest rugby players. I'd say Chavhanga has lost plenty of pace but would still be one of the fastest. Don't get me wrong on Nokwe though, I'd love to see him in the starting South Africa line up as he truly is a very good attacking player.

Thats all good but sprint time does not win the race to the ball,believe me I was at that game and none of us could believe it when we saw Nokwe out sprint Chavanga,nothing came of it but the point has been proven and many South Africans who have seen Nokwe in full flight will agree and Chavanga hasnt lost any of his speed,he just doesn't get as many opportunities at the lions anymore

ngweyne dear lord ..smoked habana williams and the rest of his cronies..the guy is insane

The fastest I've seen live was Christian Cullen catching Rupeni Caucaunibuca but for all out pace Sireli Bobo. That's ages ago now thou so if it was out of all the players playing today I'd say it'll be out of Chavhanga and Nokwe. There are plenty of other players out there with extreme pace that use it better like Masaga, Gear when he feels like running.

Latest posts