• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Favourite Comedy Shows

The nany is actually not bad but The Simpsons, South park and Family guy have to be the best.

Well Where to start, so many that have made me laugh so hard over the years...

Monty Python's Flying Circus
Fawlty Towers
Father Ted
The League Of Gentlemen
Only Fools and Horses
Bottom
The Young Ones
Extras
The Office
South Park
The Brittas Empire
Blackadder - Every Series
'Allo 'Allo
Dads Army
Alan Partridge
Peep Show
Family Guy
Steptoe and Son

Christ the list can go on and on

I know many of these have been mentioned, and I am sure there are a few more that I will think off over time...

The nany is actually not bad but The Simpsons, South park and Family guy have to be the best.
[/b]
I know what you mean. There's just something hilarious about a cartoon character with a bad mouth :p

What about the ones that haven't aged?

I still enjoy Friends, Fawlty Towers and Father Ted every time - they all begin with F? Also Men Behaving Badly. And the final series of Blackadder as well, but the two series before that don't do it for me anymore. I think it's to do with characters you care about, so there has to be good drama as a foundation. The Simpsons is the best example.

And Bottom - but not the Young Ones.

I really love some of the Golden Oldies like Blackadder, dinnerladies, The Thin Blue Line, Father Ted and Two and A Half Men.

South Park,Scrubs,Friends,extras, the original office and have you seen the flight of the conchords, if you havent check it out on you tube. its so funny

Arrested Development is also gold, got all 3 series on DVD.

Ditto with Black Books - how anyone cannot like that show is beyond me.

[/b]

Agree with you Arrested Development. Love that show and have the series also.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is funny as hell too, Larry David (Seinfeld writer) is a genius.

third rock from the sun
the office
extras
flight of the conchords
futurama
scrubs although it is getting a bit meh now.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Agree with you Arrested Development. Love that show and have the series also.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is funny as hell too, Larry David (Seinfeld writer) is a genius. [/b][/quote]

Forgetmenow5.jpg

Tobias Fünke
: You're forgetting, Lindsay, that as a psychiatrist, I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first "analrapist".
Lindsay Funke: Yeah, and you were almost arrested for those business cards.
Tobias Fünke: [after showing the business card] Yes, but I didn't stop because of the police inquiries, I stopped to help raise our little girl. Where is Maeby, anyways?

I started watching Arrested Development on Friday night...

My favourite line was when Michael Bluthe said something like "Did you set fire to the storage shed?" and T-Bone replied "Most definitely"....the way it was said was hilarious, and the situation helped enormously as well.

Hilarious show.

Anyone here like The Vicar Of Dibley? My parents always watch it, and I've seen it a few times. Actually quite funny and I've taken a liking to it. They also watch Absolutely Fabulous all the time but I never really liked it as much.

Another of my favourites is Father Ted.

I'm sure all you folk from the British Isles remember it.

I was lucky enough to be introduced to it by my dad when he got series 1 and 3.

I started watching Arrested Development on Friday night...

My favourite line was when Michael Bluthe said something like "Did you set fire to the storage shed?" and T-Bone replied "Most definitely"....the way it was said was hilarious, and the situation helped enormously as well.

Hilarious show. [/b]

Great Episode that - definatly the best of the First Season. Also like when George Michael is trying to burn down the banana stand with newspaper and T-Bone is just standing there saying you'll never get it to burn like that

Agree with almost all those shows. the one i think rank highest is Blackadder. It's hilarious, but has sooo many different aspects of humour. A clever gag one minute, a shakespeare pistake, followed by toilet humour and punching Baldrick. A great mix. similar reasons i love the Simpsons: the best Slapstick comedy plus some really clever dialogue and salutes to other shows and movies.

I also really appreciate having comedies which are unoffensive but still hilarious without swearing or sex.

Latest posts