• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Favourite Comedy Shows

Green wing? It's like British Scrubs, but more surreal...

And I know it's an aquired taste, but the mighty boosh can be brilliant at times.

Howard: "I break all the rules. Not just one genre. They call me the genre-spanner."
Vince: "They call you the spanner."

And Bottom - but not the Young Ones. [/b]

I find that hard to believe, growing up worshipping both. They go hand in hand, I would be very interested to see why and how you come to that feeling.

The Young Ones is definitely the father of Bottom, without the politics. Two of my favourite shows.

I am also going to nominate the criminally forgotten about Police Squad! - In Colour!

Ah Police Squad! Used to watch that when I was a kid. Leslie Nielsen is the king of delivering understated comedy lines as far as I'm concerned. Also loved the fact that they didn't use a laughter track, meant you were actually able to pick out the genuinely comic moments for yourself. Of which there were many.

Leslie Nielsen is one of my favourite comedy actors. Always has been, always will be. It always helps when the Naked Gun and Police Squad has something happening all the time, whether that be on the main screen or the background. Same with Airplane! , you just can't take your eye off it for the smallest second. Hysterical.

"Roses are red,
Violets are Blue,
I'm gonna break your face!"

<div class='quotemain'>
And Bottom - but not the Young Ones. [/b]

I find that hard to believe, growing up worshipping both. They go hand in hand, I would be very interested to see why and how you come to that feeling.

The Young Ones is definitely the father of Bottom, without the politics. Two of my favourite shows.

I am also going to nominate the criminally forgotten about Police Squad! - In Colour!

[/b][/quote]
Bottom is the devil's slapstick. Came out of the Young Ones, but there's a bit of Rising Damp in there as well (the one with two students in a grotty flat and Leonard Rossiter). Never liked the YOs enough to watch it enough, if you know wot I mean. Not keen on politics in comedy. Ben Elton's stand up and all that.

Police Squad was the father of Hammer. Or was it the other way round? Maybe Moonlighting (victim of writers' strike) spawned both of them. They're all **** takes on Raymond Chandler's stuff.

And I know it's an aquired taste, but the mighty boosh can be brilliant at times.

Howard: "I break all the rules. Not just one genre. They call me the genre-spanner."
Vince: "They call you the spanner." [/b]

Genius, anyone who doesn't like the Boosh is a communist.

Leslie Nielsen is one of my favourite comedy actors. Always has been, always will be. It always helps when the Naked Gun and Police Squad has something happening all the time, whether that be on the main screen or the background. Same with Airplane! , you just can't take your eye off it for the smallest second. Hysterical.

"Roses are red,
Violets are Blue,
I'm gonna break your face!"
[/b]

He's hilarious in Dracula, Dead and Loving It.

He is very good. It's often forgotten about because it was a low budget film but it's criminally underrated.

Good Topic

I really liked the first 2 seasons of the mighty boosh and was wondering if any one has seen the third series and is it any good. I'm always worried when good shows go on for too long and they stop been funny.

futurama, family guy, simpsons, scrubs, friends, coupling, my name is earl, peep show, the it crowd

im a big fan of all of those, but also ive been impressed with "The Class", the new one like friends by the same people. looks pretty good atm, infinitely better than joey - but thats not the hardest achievement to be fair...

scrubs, how i met your mother, friends, kenan and kel (nick), simpsons, family guy.

but the best comedy show i've seen is the adventures of pete & pete. it was hilarious. :D

Scrubs is my favorite, but I like Malcolm in the Middle and South Park as well.

Big Bang Theory is pretty good but I normally hate shows which have that annoying piped in Laughter. Anyone else agree?

there are too many to mention, but if i have to choose one, i guess it'll be....i dunno :) prob the funniest show would be watching the all blacks lose, its always funny

Hi all fav has to be simpsons and bottom... there again there are lot of others. depends on the mood doh

In reply to the boosh question - as a dedicated follower of the boosh for many years now from the radio show days, i thought series 1 and 2 were indeed awesome, and series 3 a big big disappointment-hate to bring bad news....you may like it, but it's really commercial and re-hashes lots of first 2 series for a new crowd.

Favourite comedy series - Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is phenomenal if you like boosh style comedy, as is Nathan Barley, both Noel and Julian are in both.

I've really been into Adam and Joe recently

Latest posts