• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fifa World Cup Russia 2018

France looking seriously good. Can maybe see Modric just about pulling enough strings to match them if that's the final but England must be rooting for Belgium.

France are the South Americans of Europe

Embarassing watching them fling themselves all over the pitch and crying
Even Spain weren't this bad

France are the South Americans of Europe

Embarassing watching them fling themselves all over the pitch and crying
Even Spain weren't this bad
Don't forget Italy.

I normally hate Neymar and Brazil the most in any major tournament, but watching that happen to the Mexicans was more than a bit of schadenfreude.

Happy days. Those Frenchies are playing lovely football, hopefully the occasion doesn't get to them on Sunday like they did two years ago.

No extra time for them yet either.

Don't understand how anyone can support this French side.
Even that new wonderkid was flopping like a fish

Some say that when you are drunk that is your real side soooo.......

Yeah but it's not the sentiment, it's just a really fun song to sing!

When it's not dangerous, violent or the use of PED's I don't really mind cheating. Like the ref could easily put a stop to it by throwing out yellows but he didn't so why stop? If I was a pro player I'd take a world cup at the price of a few people questioning your sportsmanship or dignity for a short period of time without question.
Giving out about the French here would be like giving out about a rugby team cheating at the breakdown and getting away with it, it's misdirected. Diving did gain France an advantage here too, Mbappe alone wasted a good 40 seconds of the added time at the cost of a yellow card which won't stop him playing the next game, Matuidi wasted more time than was added for his antics too.

Just as well Mbappé didn't add insult to injury by scoring another one - on top of the teamload of Belgian flops like Dembele, Fellaini, Lukaku, De Broyne etc.

Last edited:
France V England is the final we all want though right? Like even before last night. There may not be tons of history in terms of Football but actual history....the tabloids are going to do a nut.

And the hyped up belgian misfits are (again) the sorest losers on the planet

Great coaching on Pogba. Mourino take a leaf out of it. This is how you get your 6 to defend. It's called coaching...

Just as well Mbappé didn't add insult to injury by scoring another one - on top of the teamload of Belgian flops like Dembele, Fellaini, Lukaku, De Broyne etc.
I actually thought that De Bruyne did very well last night. He ran that game, his team constantly passed to him to either make a run or pass. But France defended very well, Belgium didn't get lucky on the crosses. He was the best player on the park last night. France scored a goal and defended it but Belgium controlled the game.

I thought hazard was excellent last night too,
Those two have been two of the best players in the tournament, consistently top class.

I actually thought that De Bruyne did very well last night. He ran that game, his team constantly passed to him to either make a run or pass. But France defended very well, Belgium didn't get lucky on the crosses. He was the best player on the park last night. France scored a goal and defended it but Belgium controlled the game.
I don't agree with that, France were far better and deserving of their lead, they then gave Belgium the ball and made them rely on half chances. Had Belgium pulled off something spectacular they'd have got an equaliser but Varane and Umtiti bossed the box so they had to rely on beating Lloris from long range. Hard to look past Varane as motm imo.

they then gave Belgium the ball and made them rely on half chances.
Belgium had a considerable advantage in terms of possession before the goal. France's plan was never to challenge that. Their game plan (see all games) is to defend, counter and free kicks.
France got lucky, but football is not a sport where the ones who deserve things win.

Hazard has been excellent but last night he was on his own against a French defense on top of its game.

France won the game in midfield. Kanté Matuidi Pogba dominated and made the difference. Dembele was anonymous for Belgium.

No one to link up with Hazard. Fellaini, De Bruyne, Lukaku (who butchered a goal opp) didn't show up. That's a lot of key players misfiring to win a WC semi.

De Bruyne has been poor in the tournament. A shadow of what he does for City. But this is international football. He couldn't step up.

Latest posts