• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fight Night Champion

played the demo a couple times now, its quite confusing. i liked the controls in FNR4, the footwork, movement and positioning were more realistic compared to FNR3, though the graphics were slightly worse and there some options which were missing, though there were a lot of new options added to be fair.

in this new one there are more punches added but its quite confusing for me so far, i've only just started playing it though maybe i just need more practice, but when i'm punching i the player throughs more punches or the wrong punches, the controls are a bit hard coz if you move the joystick just a fraction of a fraction wrong he ends up throwing a different punch. They've also made it so you can end up on the other side of the ring, i think thats pretty cool and definitely more realistic but its something i'm gonna have to get used to coz when you're on the other side of the ring the controls become different.

played the demo a couple times now, its quite confusing. i liked the controls in FNR4, the footwork, movement and positioning were more realistic compared to FNR3, though the graphics were slightly worse and there some options which were missing, though there were a lot of new options added to be fair.

in this new one there are more punches added but its quite confusing for me so far, i've only just started playing it though maybe i just need more practice, but when i'm punching i the player throughs more punches or the wrong punches, the controls are a bit hard coz if you move the joystick just a fraction of a fraction wrong he ends up throwing a different punch. They've also made it so you can end up on the other side of the ring, i think thats pretty cool and definitely more realistic but its something i'm gonna have to get used to coz when you're on the other side of the ring the controls become different.

I had the same trouble while playing the Demo, felt like i was just throwing punches like a wild man because i kept rotating the thumb stick instead of just giving it the one direction. I really love some of the stuff they have done for Offline players with the story mode style and also the fast improvements to other modes. I'm not a big fan of Sports games online not because i'm bad at them but once people find a exploit it becomes impossible to have a good true match or fight.

I totally Agree with what people are saying regarding the controls in the demo. It seems way to intricate to throw the different types of punches. I haven't had much game-time with it thus far, but (imo) there doesn't seem to be much difference between FN4 and Champion??? (Anyone with more game-time with Champion care to comment?). It seems like a slightly more polished version of FN4 (which i thought was superb), with an updated roster. Not sure if i'll be buying this when it comes out, may wait for it to come down in price :D :D Need to save my money for MvC3,Rugby 2012, Rugby Challenge. :D

Game is a step above FNR4, you can throw punches but you get gassed, the AI is a lot smarter too. Deffo a first day buy for myself.

I decided not to get this after reading some poor reviews of legacy mode. I definately would play the story mode but Im sure that will be over pretty quick. With no legacy mode improvements I feel like I would probably lose interest pretty fast.

Toup, have you played legacy? How do you find it compared to FNR4?

Did they bring back face editing for create a boxer or is it still pre-made heads?

I decided not to get this after reading some poor reviews of legacy mode. I definately would play the story mode but Im sure that will be over pretty quick. With no legacy mode improvements I feel like I would probably lose interest pretty fast.

Toup, have you played legacy? How do you find it compared to FNR4?

Did they bring back face editing for create a boxer or is it still pre-made heads?

Had a quick play around with Legacy, and there don't seem to be too many MAJOR improvements - you can take part in promotional events, and the training has been changed to include training camps which you can pay money to go on, although in practice these seem to be similar drills but with increased reward. There is also an XP system which gives you additional points for completing certain things within a bout (e.g. knock-down before round 3). The XP points are used to level up your attributes, and then the training games affect your 'base' athletic abilities. It seems like there's a fair bit of depth as you can literally upgrade a particular punch (head straight for example) to suit your own style. The amateur competition is now also correctly done on a points basis which I thought was a nice little touch.

I didn't see any facial editing, although you can use a connected USB camera (not sure if that was in before?!).

I thought it seemed fairly compelling, but then I enjoyed it how it was before. Not gone too far down the line with it, so there may be more surprises yet...

thanks for the reply.

That sounds like it has improved more than reviews have let on. I like being able to upgrade individual punches. A feature that has been missing since ps1. These promotional
events, are they well done? Or are they pointless like ufc where you agree to one and nothing happens.

Are there rivialries? Are there weigh ins with NO gloves on (FNR3 epic fail)

Gameface was there last time, but it really sucked. I just want to create a face the old fashioned way.

I've not actually encountered a promotional event yet (it's a greyed-out option on my pre-fight preparation menu), think you probably need to be ranked a bit higher, but can't imagine them being anything too substantial, probably just another way of slightly draining your fatigue bar in the pre-fight build up.

I've also not seen much in the way of pre-fight scenes (no weigh-in etc, although maybe that's an event you can 'choose' to do) - again though, I've been scrapping in gyms as I'm still only ranked 40th after taking my time to win the amateur competition and only having had 2 pro fights (annoyingly I've had a lot of work on). Same story for rivalries I'd imagine...

I have the full game and i enjoyed the Champion Mode alot, the fights in Jail are by far the best ones with no rules and plenty of gore. The Legacy mode is also good but i would advise going into the Training tutorials and buffing up on training so you don't end up wasting your time if you are struggling with some of the steep learning curves that a few of the training sessions have. In terms of Gameplay it is alot better, you have to fight smart and not just run in and start slugging even if you are a In-Fighter.

Just started to download the demo of this, can't wait to try it out
Liking the sound of the Champion Mode, if the demo's good I might pick it up tomorrow

Difference between legacy and champion mode?

Legacy you build your own boxer or Fight Night roster boxer career and champion mode is following a hollywood film plot storyline.

Latest posts